Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The REAL Lion Man?

4 posters

Go down

The REAL Lion Man? Empty The REAL Lion Man?

Post  Safari Maiden Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:11 am

Not sure what to think of this one!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

The REAL Lion Man? Empty Re: The REAL Lion Man?

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 am

A long video so will have to watch this later SM. I remember watching his programmes on the tele.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 am

Yes I remember watching it to. It was called The Kingdom of the White Lion. A film company was making a film about them, and Lions were scourced from Zoos if I remember right. After the film was finished KEVIN RICHARDSON decided to stay on, and take care of the Lions. He also wanted to start an enclosed reserve, and was trying to raise money for it. I've found these links
http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/uk_division_web_live/hs.xsl/tour-detail.htm?provider=1&tourId=STA_l7xox&backto=results®ion=AF&type=volunteer

http://www.lionwhisperer.co.za/

There's no doubt watching the film that he does have an infinty with Animals, but the feeling of an accident waiting to happe was also there at the same time, and as you say SM I'm not sure either

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Obviously I don't know Kevin Richardson but when I watched his programmes I really thought he was the kind of person I would really like. He has definiately crossed the boundaries with his animals but you can see his love and passion for them is genuine and he does seem to have a real affinity with them. It is also evident that his animals really do love him and see him as a pride member. Their play with him is reminiscent of how they would interact with their own kind in terms of affection. It is however worrying that he could get seriously hurt as they are huge animals and also wild animals. They could turn at any given moment but he could also get hurt during normal interaction with them as they are so powerful. Would they ever mean to hurt him, i'm not sure, I would like to think not. I think there is a kind of respect for him and it reminds me of when the Harrods lion met his original owners after he had been living wild, he was so delighted to see them again.
Is it right or wrong the interaction with the big cats, who knows, they are living with their own kind in a pride with a two legged pride member. Are they a danger to other humans, maybe if you put yourself in the situation Kevin puts himself in. Does he enrich their lives? in a way I think he does, is it normal, no it's not in lots of peoples eyes, will Kevin ever stop? from what i've seen of him and gauge from what i've seen, I doubt he ever will.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:50 am

Hey all! I know this is an old post but it's the first time I've seen it. That video in the OP really just doesn't give any context. He's not "playing around" with random animals. All these animals he hand raised from no later than 6 months old. As far as I know none came from the zoo unless they were cubs and then, in my opinion he rescued them. The Movie you refer to is called "White Lion... Home is a Journey" and I have the Blu-Ray. It's a pretty good movie in my opinion. These aren't trained animals in the sense that you would think of being used in a movie. Actually the movie was a way to try to make money for the upkeep of the park where the animals reside called Kingdom of the White Lion in South Africa. The two lionesses about 5 mins in all over him sitting on the wooden box are Meg and Ami. They were abandoned by their mother and he hand reared them. Meg is the one seen swimming with him. He has also said many times never would he try this with any animals he didn't know or let anyone else try it with his. He is seen as a pride member by these cats. I'll provide a link to a Doc he did that is even before his Lion Ranger series. Could something go wrong? You bet! They could kill him and not even try, but in this instance I doubt it would happen. He doesn't try to dominate them and make them do things his way, he tries to understand them and do things their way. Also the movie is available online at Netflix, at least here in the States.

This is a full hour long Documentary so settle in before clicking! I had to watch it all once I started!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhj5R2SBxp05mq9Gld

Hope I'm not telling you something you already know!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 am

Thanks for that Ronnie, have'nt had time to watch it yet. We did have a whole series on Kevin, and his lions on TV. As I've said before there's no doubting his love of his lions, and they seem to reciprocate, but there was still that feeling that something might go wrong, but thats a chance he is willing to take, and as you say the only way he can do the things he does with them is to be part of the pride, and a dominant one.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down