Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog

4 posters

Go down

Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog  Empty Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog

Post  Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 am

you might be surprised at the outcome.

http://dreamersdream1215.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog  Empty Re: Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 am

Nice footage on the link that shows the relationship between the two. Thanks for sharing with us.

SM

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog  Empty Re: Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

Hi khengguanlee
I spotted that Video on You Tube when I was looking for Video Clips for the Daily Smile posts on here. I once read a book many many years ago now about a Mongoose, but I cant remember he title. Is the rest of the post part of your Blog on your travels ?
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi K. Nice post and so glad the little Mongoose won. Posted a message on your Blog.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  radhu Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 pm

good video..but would like to make a small correction here...the snake in this video is not a King Cobra...it is a skeptical Indian Cobra :)

the king cobra is more dangerous than the indian cobra,though equal quantity of both venom has indeed the same amount of toxicity

King cobra injects 3 or more times the venom of an indian cobra in a single bite..making it a more dangerous snake of the two :)

fortunately both king and indian cobra are less agressive compared to Black mamba or russels Viper

it is easy to distinguish both snakes....and luckilyi have had a chance to meet both in their natural enviroment :)

radhu
radhu

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks for the information Radhu, its great to get new information, and well spotted. Not sure about the " Lucky enough to meet both in their natural invironment " affraid Update Dangerous King cobra vs Cute Mongoose blog  40683
I know that one of the Mambas is supposed to be fast, but I'm not sure if it's the Black or the Green Mamba. Just wondered if you knew
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  radhu Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:57 pm

:) WS reg the quated text i was referring to the two snakes Indian cobra and The king cobra, that i have seen both :)

Indian cobra is a common snake species in South India,hence i have seen quite a few of them...

reg the more agressive of mambas the green or black,as far as my knowledge goes, the most agressive of the two is the Black mamba....it is one of the most poisonous snake in the world...

there are other snake species more poisonous than the black mamba,like sea snakes and australian inland taipan...but taipan death are very few than comapred to black mamba though toxic(venom) vice inland taipan holds a higher rating...

taipan is a very less agressive snake...in contrast to the Africas black mamba... :) black mamba is very aggressive,fast moving(very high strike rate) and extremely poisonous...making it the most feared snake of the planet :)

radhu
radhu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down