Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TigerTime

+2
whitestarling
Laikipia
6 posters

Go down

TigerTime Empty TigerTime

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:45 am

News from DSWF on their recently launched TigerTime

A host of stars from across the world of showbiz and entertainment are backing our global campaign to save the tiger – TigerTime. In just the last couple of days, Mel C, Sir Roger Moore, Ricky Gervais, Gemma Atkinson, Abi Titmuss and Susan Sarandon have declared their support. All these great stars have put their name to the TigerTime campaign at www.isupport.tigertime.info . This follows on from Stephen Fry using his legendary ‘tweeting’ powers to help launch the campaign.
Their lives are jammed full of engagements and their time is precious. I am touched beyond belief that they have found time to support TigerTime.
I know that getting so many stars behind us will inspire more people to join us. That's where you can continue to help. Please use these links to spread the word about TigerTime. Quite simply the more supporters we have for TigerTime, the more tigers we save in the wild. Don't forget there are only 3200 left..........................
Sincere thanks
David
David Shepherd CBE
David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
Tel: 01483 272323/267924
Registered Charity No. 1106893 - Company No.4918382
Tell a friend link http://action.tigertime.info/page/share/tigertime

This can only be good news.
Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

TigerTime Empty Re: TigerTime

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 pm

WOW That really is good news as you say Lai. The more high profile people supporting Tiger Time can only be good news for the Tiger.
Thanks for posting Lai TigerTime 768480
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Brilliant Lai. I have just signed up and added it to my FB wall TigerTime 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 pm

affraid Oooo missed siging up I'll have to do that
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 pm

That's great news, thanks Lai Cool

Getting some profile people involved can only be a good thing, these people have the money to start to make a difference and lets hope that they do.

I love Stephen Fry, he is so nature friendly, good guy You the man
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

TigerTime Empty RE:Tiger Time

Post  tigermilk Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi all

Just signed up to Tiger Time and posted on Facebook
tigermilk
tigermilk

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Nice one Tigermilk and loving your Avatar Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:29 pm

TigerTime We39TigerTime We127

Support Tiger Time. Add your name to the Stars at www.isupport.tigertime.info
Please ask all your friends and contacts to sign up to TigerTime Link http://action.tigertime.info/page/share/tigertime
TigerTime 768480 WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks for that WS.

Tigermilk your avatar is fab, such a handsome cat. If you get any updates of FB could I be bold and ask you to give us the odd update so we dont miss anything, no pressure if you cant Very Happy

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 am

E-mail received - if you haven't signed the petition please do.

It is heartbreaking to read this.

Even we have been shocked to hear that at least 11 tigers have been deliberately starved to death in just one so called tiger ‘farm’ in China. This is barbaric, cruel and shocking.
Thousands of our supporters are helping by signing our petition at www.bantigertrade.com
Please will you help us?
If you have already signed www.bantigertrade.com PLEASE, as a matter of urgency would you forward the message below to anyone who you think would add their name? We know that sometimes people hesitate about passing on messages such as this for the understandable reason that they don’t want to impose on their family, friends and contacts. However, our experience is that the vast majority of people actually want the opportunity to express their support once they hear of this awful situation.
If you haven’t already signed – please sign at www.bantigertrade.com and pass it on. Ricky Gervais tweeted earlier today on Twitter in support of this petition. In just a few hours as a result 2500 more people have signed up to add to growing number backing the campaign already. We have over 30 high profile celebrity supporters who are adding to our efforts to increase awareness of the tiger's plight. (click here to see them)
The farming of tigers in ‘battery hen’ like conditions is cruel and barbaric. Even worse, is that this "farming" is acting as a smokescreen for the continued shooting, snaring and poisoning of the last 3,200 wild tigers on earth. Without your help the tiger could be extinct within just a few years.
For the wild tiger to survive, we need China to implement a total ban on all trade in any tiger parts from any source. We need your urgent help to make this happen.
We need to go to the Chinese Government early in the New Year with a truly enormous petition – they won’t listen to anything less than a massive show of support.
Please, act now…….Very kind regards
Vicky Flynn
TigerTime C/O David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
Tel: 07866 800755 - 07515 421611 - 07885 940945

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Lai Pai I received the same email today, I signed up to them when the first post started.
I was so saddened to read this today but hopefully the petition will do some good, it has too for the sake of the Tigers.

I have signed the petition today.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Absolutely appalled at this and also very saddened Crying or Very sad

Petition signed and I pray it makes a difference Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:04 pm

TigerTime 768480 Littlewid and Doogs - as long as we are all trying. I am never truly sure about petitions but at least it makes a stand.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:10 pm

I spotted this in the paper today
TigerTime We263TigerTime We1108

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 pm

The work they do is priceless and vital for the survival of the Siberian Tiger.

They are sacrificing alot with their families etc. That is pure dedication.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:32 pm

WOW Full admiration for them, what a job and 100% dedication.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 pm

A lot of respect to those guys and the work that they do, brilliant cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:51 am

So much respect for those guy's and their families. I am sure we all say we would love to do something to really help save the Tiger but these guy's and their families put their lives on the line everyday, how can we ever say thank you for that. They are truely amazing and doing something i'm sure non of us could face every day.
True respect and admiration for them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:15 am

From an e-mail received yesterday.

Dear TigerTime Supporter,
We’ve just received alarming news from a trusted source that we simply have to share with you. To be honest, it has left us with a mixture of fury, upset and outrage. It’s a first hand account of the suffering being inflicted on tigers in a so called tiger ‘park’ in China as recently as last September.
Most shockingly, it told us about how the owners of this particular ‘park’ are allowing tourists to buy live chickens and cows to then see them being ripped apart by the tigers. They state this makes the ‘experience’ more enjoyable! In every sense this is just appalling and shocking.
We have set out the full account of this on the TigerTime blog at http://bit.ly/farmedtigers.
By supporting TigerTime and our www.bantigertrade.com petition you are helping us to stop this. There are now over 57,000 people committed to our cause – but to have an impact we need thousands more, and we need them urgently.
Please spread word of this to as many people as you can. Every single extra person that signs up gives us a greater chance of winning this fight for justice.
We would be immensely grateful if you felt able to send something like the sample message below to anyone who you feel would help…. Please send this message to who you think will be as outraged by this as we are...........

The team running the TigerTime campaign to save the last 3,200 wild tigers on earth have just shared something with me that it absolutely appalling. Please spare a moment to read it here http://bit.ly/farmedtigers If you share my disgust at this, please support their work by signing up to www.bantigertrade.com.

By clicking on this link this text will automatically drop into your email application. Email Message
As ever, we thank you for your interest and overwhelming support,
Kind regards,

David Shepherd CBE and the TigerTime Team
www.tigertime.info
www.bantigertrade.com

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Oh the bl**dy Chinese again, they don't half make your blood boil Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for the this LP, not very nice reading No

Petition signed - think I might have signed it before though but another time won't go wrong
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 pm

I Agree Doogs - yet again the Chinese. Makes you want to Sad and Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Got mine yesterday too Lai and I will be forwarding my email on to a few people to read and who I know will support this.

I tell you, the Chinese do not do themselves any favours, they really make me want to scream and shout, it kind of makes the frustration stop your head from boiling over but really, signing this petition is the positive way forward.....thats me trying to stay calm!!!

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Extract from an e-mail received just now .........

Dear TigerTime Supporter,
A huge thank you for helping us storm past the 100,000 mark on www.bantigertrade.com. The support has been simply incredible and we could not have achieved this so quickly without such dedicated supporters…but let’s not stop there!We just had to write to you to tell you about the fantastic things that are going on with TigerTime!
The www.bantigertrade.com petition is currently on 104,000 signatures and will be handed to the Chinese Ambassador by a David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation Trustee in a private meeting in April. This is a fantastic step in the campaign but we are now aiming for 250,000 signatures. If every one of our supporters encouraged their friends, family members or colleagues to sign, we will be well on our way to this next milestone. Your support is vital to save the wild tiger, so please help us. Please ‘cut and paste’ the sample email at the end to everyone who you think will share your passion to save the wild tiger.
Helping us get extra signatures is vital – but there are some other things you can do:
1. Make a much needed donation to TigerTime here.
2. Go shopping in our TigerTime store which can be found here!

As many of you are aware, we held a reception in the House of Lords, Westminster in London on the 13th March, which was a great success! The event was graciously hosted by the Lord Speaker at the kind invitation of Lord and Lady Blencathra. The TigerTime team were joined by their Royal Highnesses Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, the deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, heads of business and other distinguished guests. There was also great celebrity support from Joanna Lumley, Ricky Gervais and other stars from the world of entertainment.
The event was an historic moment when such a range of incredible individuals were joined together to save the wild tiger. But TigerTime needs YOUR help to make a difference.
Joanna Lumley gave an impassioned plea for everyone to support TigerTime, ‘This is not a rehearsal, let us make the commitment to catch a piece of fire as it passes; it may burn our hands, but let’s do it! Because life is speeding by and the clock is ticking for the tiger. If we don’t do something, the tiger will be lost.’(See Joanna's speech and photos.)
As ever, thank you so much for your support.
Kind regards,
Chantelle Henderson
TigerTime Campaign Coordinator

**Please copy and paste this to all your friends and other contacts who you think would sign the petition**
"I’m backing the TigerTime campaign to save the last 3,200 wild tigers on earth. That is a shockingly low figure! One of the main threats to the wild tiger is the continuing trade in tiger skins and other body parts. The TigerTime team currently have 104,000 signatures on a vital petition calling for a ban on this ‘tiger trade’. We need your help to drive this up to 250,000. If you are shocked that the wild tiger is so threatened, please sign the petition here www.bantigertrade.com. If you could, please pass this on to as many other people as you can. The situation is so dire, that only a massive show of ‘people power’ can save this iconic species. Signing the petition takes 30 seconds, I really do hope you will sign."

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 am

When you look at the record of the Chinese on how they treat their own people, I do'nt think animals like Tigers, and Elephants come very high on their priority list, and not much will be done. The only hope I think is to make such an issue of it, that they will loose face in the eyes of the world. That is something they hate, and will take notice of
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:55 pm

More from the Tiger time blog and a short clip. Not always easy to read or watch.

TigerTime is the movement to save the tiger from extinction and help to return them to levels that are sustainable and safe. We would like to have your comments and ideas to help us achieve these objectives. TigerTime is the creation of David Shepherd CBE
http://www.tigertime.info/tiger-blog.php

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum