Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Wildlife Fund

5 posters

Go down

BBC Wildlife Fund Empty BBC Wildlife Fund

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 am

BBC... ASAP... this Thursday (4 August), the BBC is to consider proposals to close down their 'Wild Night In' event. It's raised £3 million for environmental good causes - including some work we're doing in the Amazon on freshwater dolphin, spectacled bear and mountain tapirs. Without the event, this work wouldn't be taking place. Please sign the petition asking the BBC to reconsider and then spread the word - because we need 100,000 signatures to make a difference

http://www.savebbcwildlifefund.net/index.php?utm_campaign=enews&utm_medium=email&utm_source=enews_2011_august&pc=GHT502005

It seems a shame that this may be cancelled - please sign the petition and pass on. They also have a FB page 'Save BBC Wildlife'

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

BBC Wildlife Fund Empty Re: BBC Wildlife Fund

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:21 am

This really will have a devastating affect on their work. Everyone please sign. I have.
5 reasons for saving the BBC Wildlife Fund
It is uniquely placed to promote the need for international conservation
◦It has already successfully addressed threats to key endangered species
◦It was only founded in 2007 and has huge potential
◦It is highly cost effective - savings from its closure will be small
◦Its proposed closure is seen as a great loss by the conservation sector

This is the Facebook link
https://www.facebook.com/SaveBBCWildlifeFund

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Signed & liked on FB - it would be terrible if this programme didn't go ahead, loved it last year and did my bit by donating
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Your right Doogs it would be a real shame if it did'nt go ahead. When you work out what it must have cost to do the programe, against the amount of money it raised.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 pm

It's hard to believe what programmes get cancelled and what total rubbish gets shown. Talk about Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil and we pay for a license so we should have a say.

Bring back some good stuff and that can include BIG CAT DIARIES Group Hug

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Signed the petition and also liked on FB. When something is doing suc great work, where is the sense in cancelling it. It truely is madness but lately the BBC seems to have a big thing about cancelling commisions for wildlife and the Natural history department. Lets hope they do see sense about this.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:38 pm

I'm sure a few of you will have the following email after signing up to the Petition, not good news unfortunatley Crying or Very sad Sad

Dear all,

In light of the decision by the BBC to no longer support the BBCWF, with great reluctance the board of trustees has no choice but to implement a wind down plan for the charity.

It is with sadness that the trustees have had to make this decision for they agree the potential of the charity to make a great and lasting difference to threatened wildlife throughout the world is clear. Helen Kellie chair of the BBC Wildlife Fund says "We are proud to have generated funds enabling us to support vital conservation work for a variety of wildlife. This includes bringing species back from the brink of extinction"

The BBCWF would like to thank all those in the wildlife sector who have dedicated much time and expertise to ensuring audience donations are placed to maximum effect to improve the desperate plight of wildlife.

The unique nature of the fund has brought together the creative skills of the BBC with the expertise of the wildlife sector to deliver for wildlife and their habitats. The BBCWF recognises how important this has been at a time when the ongoing pressures on the sector to address the growing declines in biodiversity are increasing.

The trustees will continue to show commitment to the existing projects supported by the charity, ensuring monitoring and evaluation of the work and all governance obligations are delivered before the closure of the charity in the future.

For more news, please see our website and Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/bbcwildlifefund

Kind regards,
The BBC Wildlife Fund Team
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:12 pm

That really is so sad after all the hard work thats been done. The Beeb are clearly looking at programes to cut that will cause the least outcry, and backlash from viewers. If they cut out some of the rubbish they put on, then programes of real value like this could be saved. We need to keep going with the petition. Thanks for the link Doogs, I've posted on their FB page
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 am

I got the email yesterday - bad decision and tragic news Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for posting Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks Doogs. That is not good news at all and I think you're right WS, they believe that cutting wildlife programmes will cause the least outcry. They are looking for massive ratings and i'm sure they believe all the reality TV stuff is the way to go. Soon we wont have any real programmes on TV, it will all be about Z rated so called stars trying to make a no go come back and flop all over again.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

I Agree Littlewid. I dont get it the BBC used to be known for such wonderful programmes.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Ok Ive read this thread twice. What is the reason for closing the fund. Either Im stupid or it just isnt clear. Be careful how you answer that! Head Banger
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:48 am

Mmmmm thats all a bit muddly isn't it scratch

In the first link it's all about there not really being much interest in the fund and donations dwindling. I think the Beeb could advertise it a bit better and drum up more support.
They also talk of putting money where it's more needed, that comes across as in Red Nose day etc......which already do exceptionally well on their own.

The second link lets it slip out the bag that it's all about pensions etc. Well we are all having pension issues but that doesn't mean we are giving up on the good we are doing. We have had pensions issues in the NHS but we are not leaving our jobs or turning people away because of it.

The Natural History Unit has had funds cut, I have a friend who knows these people and their budget for TV programmes is an issue but this is a charitable fund we are talking about. I know they have put money in to it but lets get real it is really in it's infancy and it may just need to get more established and have better promotion.
Also money has been given that has not yet been made public as to what has happened to it. It could be a good inject to the fund but are we ever going to get to know.

So far they say 6.500 have signed the petition, more signatures are needed to support the appeal because in real terms if all those signatures gave £1 it would only equate to £6,500 and they wont keep a fund going for that, even though it would do good work.

I'm rambling as usual, I suppose i'm trying to say, we need to get off our butts and stand up for the fund (the public in general) and the NHU need to give the fund a little more time to evolve into something as big as Red Nose Day and Sport Relief.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I Agree Littlewid and well said. By the time i saw the petition it was really too late - shame they didnt get it out into the public domain sooner, I am sure it would have had massive support.

Let's hope it isn't too late, but I fear rather like BCD the Beeb have decided and moved on .................. I dont get it

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:51 pm

BBC Wildlife Fund We224BBC Wildlife Fund We317

You would think, with the Salarys these Guys are on, they could afford their own Taxi fares, and the money could go to things like the BBC Wildlife Fund Programe or BCD
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:20 pm

I Agree WS, makes you so Mad doesn't it !!!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:20 am

Evil or Very Mad that makes me Evil or Very Mad

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content