Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC)

+2
littlewid
Laikipia
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC)

Post  Laikipia Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:02 pm

I think people needing the warning, although he has vanished from FB and I deleted him from my skype contacts, he is still on Twitter (i think), I don't use it although I have an account so not sure if he has tweeted recently.

Perhaps it should stay with all the info so people know what has been happening, but I will go with the consensus, I like a democracy :)

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC)

Post  whitestarling Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Perhaps we could edit the post, putting a headline at the start. If you are considering donating to this cause we suggest you read the posts below first
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:07 am

Good idea WS

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC) - Page 2 Empty The Facebook Page ERCWARNING has been moved

Post  ERCWarn Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Much of the information from the Facebook Page has been moved there. Vincent provided his financial report (in French) and an English translation is available there also.

Please consider carefully if you come into contact with anyone seeking money for the establishment of a (needed) elephant sanctuary in Nepal. Investigate them thoroughly before entrusting them with donations.

Vincent Fragne is using the alias Heinrich Ostoya and who knows how many others. Please be careful to support verified endeavours so that the donations go to really helping elephants.

ERCWarn

Back to top Go down

The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC) - Page 2 Empty Link to information about ERC and SOS Nepal

Post  ERCWarn Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Also, please take caution with SOS Elephant Nepal as it is the renamed misadventure.

ERCWarn

Back to top Go down

The Elephant Retreat Centre (ERC) - Page 2 Empty Google the following

Post  ERCWarn Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Elephant Retreat Centre Warning Wordpress

ERCWarn

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks for the warning - have donated to ERC twice I will certainly be staying well clear of anything to do with Nepal and elephants (sadly)

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Heard about this the other Day. People really need to check the backgrounds of charities they donate to, it's easy to get confused. There is a charity called SOS Elephants of Chad, that does really good work, but SOS Elephants Nepal has nothing to do, or no connection with the Chad organisation, but you can see how people may think they are one, and the same.

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:03 am

There are some very horrible, devious, nasty people out there Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

I hope you didn't lose too much of your money that was given in good faith Lai Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 am

Sadly Doogs it was given twice in good faith - I love eles and the idea seemed so plausible. I am sticking to the well known charitities now Embarassed

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm

That's such a shame Lai Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Dont blame you Lai. Thats why Im sticking with helping BLES, you can see the rescues at the sanctuary, each one with its own story.

Personally and just MHO, I dont think it matters which (genuine!) charity we support, its when we do nothing that matters most!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2