Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lioness is being STARVED

+4
Doogs
RMorr50912
Laikipia
whitestarling
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lioness is being STARVED - Page 3 Empty Re: Lioness is being STARVED

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:15 pm

I have signed the petition!

Lai that statement is just staggering.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Just read a report from FB that unfortunately but not unexpectantly the lioness has died. It's a horrible thing to say but I think she is better off where she is now.

RIP girl, you are now safe from the pain and cruelty you have so uncessarily endured in your life Sad Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 pm

RIP Lioness, run free in that savannah in the sky.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  RAWA Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:53 pm

The sick Lioness was but one picture of many. How do they explain the others? Surely not all their animals can be "sick" at the same time if they were being treated properly?

Oh my...

RAWA

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:15 pm

I will be doing my email this evening to the Mail and also signing the petition.

very, very sad that Lioness had to die in that way, it is heartbreaking that she could not be saved but lets not let her life go in vein. This now adds a lot more fuel to the fire that an animal has died, so lets turn this negative outcome into hopefully a positive one and try and save any more from the same awful fate.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RAWA Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Sending off 5 letters by post to each Egyptian Embassy and Consulate in the US. The requests were a very basic and simple request and we shall see how they respond.

RAWA

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:24 pm

I also cant believe that statement by the Zoo. You only have to look as RWA says ,of the pictures other Animals not only in Alexzandria, but the other Zoos in Egypt as well. My email to the Daily Mail is done, and I will be sending it in the morning. Then we need the USA paper nominated by Ronnie to follow this up. Well done RAWA for contacting the Embassy's.
WS
Statistic. This thread has now been viewed 451 times in the last 5 Days. Lets hope they all sign the petition, and send emails
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:09 am

I saw the post about the lioness passing, probably the same one as Doogs. I asked where the info came from, and the poster had a report from someone who actually went to the zoo and looked around. I can only try to find comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering, and hopefully now wild and free in the great Savanna in the sky.
As for the papers, That is a pretty impressive list and I say we should start at the top and go from there. Maybe the best place to start would be The New York Times. Most of the news agenda here is set by the top 4 or five on the list, with the NYT probably being the most widely circulated.
I was afraid it would be too late for the lioness, but hopefully we can get something done for the others still held in this terrible system.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I must admit I am still doing my email. I started it last night but for me it wasn't right, when I do something like this I do try and strive for perfection, like all of the emails you will all be sending I really want it to hit hard but to also be productive, it's got to grab them by the B***S so to speak.

On thing, I signed the petition this evening and a little while after I signed I checked back in and in the space of a few minutes 35 other people had signed after me. I really think that through the internet this is actually going viral Lioness is being STARVED - Page 3 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Sorry I haven't done any emails/letters to newspapers yet only petitions. Will get onto it soonest.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 am

OK Guys I've sent my email to the Daily Mail, a word of warning, do'nt include any internet links in your emails, your message gets blocked. I had to delete some that I put in.
FB Update
International Fund for Animal Welfare - IFAW · 231,113 like this.
Monday at 19:28 · ..EGYPTIAN ZOOS: We thank everyone for their concerns for the animals in Egyptian zoos. IFAW contacted the Zoo & Egyptian Wildlife Services administration last week to inquire about the troubling reports that surfaced here. Additionally, IFAW offered support for any animal in need of emergency medical care. We are also planning an assessment visit in the weeks to come. We will keep you posted on any new developments. - J.C. - IFAW
https://www.facebook.com/IFAWHQ/posts/10151096118710365
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 am

That sounds positive from IFAW.

Thanks WS - I will bear that in mind and get my e-mail to the Daily Mail done today.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:01 pm

That is a positive reply, well done WS cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm seeing reports that there have been protests in Egypt at the zoos! And hearing the Media in Egypt is going to run a story. I'm at work now so can't really investigate more until later but this sounds like good news!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Lioness is being STARVED - Page 3 768480 That is if it is true is really good news Ronnie. Let us know what you find out later, when you're not at work !!!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:28 pm

WOW that's brilliant news, hope you can find out more later Ronnie Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:49 pm

That does sound like good news Ronnie, I hope it is true and it's also a good statement from IFAW too.

lets keep up our campaigns, we don't need this slipping at all. Look forward to hearing more news when you have time to post Ronnie.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks Ronnie more good news if its true, and I realy hope so. Dont forget Guys keep sending email out wherever you can. We need to keep the pressure on. I've noticed a drop in views on this in the last couple of days. We dont want it to become yesterdays story, because thats what evryone in authority hopes, that the story will go away. We need all the meadia help we can get for these animals
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 am

Updates on Born Free FB page.

and also on

https://www.facebook.com/RescueAnimalsInEgyptZoos

Hey guys, the past two days were crazy, as you may know we had a meeting with the senior officials who supervise and running Egypt zoos, they were willing for this meeting because of this campaign (4555589r) don't worry about those numbers as my cat walked over the keyboard. I think she want to give a message, maybe this is the number of people she wants for the petition and (r) for rescue ,any way , lets go back to the meeting , we told them about the zoo’s condition in details we showed them photos and asked for urgent solutions , of course there was a denial and even accusations but at the end we come to a settlement , first we will work directly with the keepers , we will start a crash course on how to deal with animals, we will make sure that any kind of mistreatment or abuse towered the animals will stop immediately we will monitor the situation in those zoos closely and will report directly to the senior officials also we will work with vets on a recovery course for all the sick animals and we will monitor it’s progress , also we will work with zoo’s officials to improve the animals habitations in general , this is only a start , it is not huge , but it’s a good start. We will be there, we will be part of the solution.
For me I will start working on Kafr El-Shaikh zoo, working on SAMAR, ANTAR & ABLA and another lion KHALED cases, I will share our progress in that .
So thanks everyone who stood by ours and every organization who backed our cause, this couldn’t be done without your help!

If you haven't signed this here is another petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/786/840/821/rescue-animals-in-eygpt-zoos/

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Thats at least some good news thanks Lia, it does seem as though things are starting to move at last, also there is news that the Egyptian Gov is going to close all 7 Zoos
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:24 pm

That's a good positive reply from Born Free. It certainly sounds like the public expressing their thoughts / feelings on this awful situation is at last being acted upon :)

Thanks for posting Lai
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 am

Update
Help rescue animals in Egypt Zoos · 2,375 like this.
11 hours ago · ..Manal El Sanadi activist and animal lover wrote about her second visit to Alexandria zoo :
My second visit to Alexandria zoo with Mau Gawad Hamada and her lovely friends they had prepared food from the previous night trays for cats, carrot and peanuts the zoo is empty due to ramadan holy month, the visitors ar very few we started with the two chimpanzes they were kept inside locked in one room I took the advise of Helen and did not get them soda got them bottled water thought they will be happy especially that the guards put them bananas, water melon and melon. One of them was screaming hitting the bars jumping like crazy, they said he is happy I thought he is miserable and complaining about something, his screams got me hurt. The guards know us by now although I only went last sunday, forgot to mention that we felt we were supervised from far, you do not actually see them, but you feel them. At the time we arrived to our beautiful lions there were around 5 or 6 men including their big boss outside as if they were waiting for us, as soon as we entered they were inside and magically you find fresh meat distributed to all the kingdom inside. I do not think the quantity is enough but I am not a professional. Looking around the lions are not at the same places like last week, a cage covered with metal, asking why and I was told a lioness delievered how many true or not I only saw the mama picking her food from the bars. Took our way to the cats cages, caged cats are almost begging us to cuddle them and feed them. Mau and her friends asked the guy to put the trays and he did. Cats and kittens are running to eat they know the sound of the food coming. There were two ostriches in a vry tiny cage infront of the cats cages fed them some carrots they were swallowing them not eating, maybe that is their way!! For sure there was no space to run. We headed to the rest of the lions, some of them were eating and the rest there was not a trace heard some voices, their guard appeared asking him about the lions he mumbled that they are inside while disappearing again. Monkeys that was the best part although some of them need more space, they ate carrots and peanuts. Few of them had babies????. My pleasure was to see the bears with fresh water coming from a douche although not enough but at least they had something that they did not have last week and surprisingly a guard with honey and little pieces of sweet potatoes. I had the pleasure to feed them some with my own hands. Wolves disappeared and also three bears (no one to ask), the american bear is a beauty and probably the guard she had yesterday was somebody they got from March did not speak or understand our language. Have you ever seen in your life flamingos that live with few drops of water that I have seen yesterday. Camels were untied, but the rope was still on their necks. They knew we were coming, some efforts were done, but the rest of the week and the lack of food and water, the disappearance of animals questions I have that do not have replies

Looks like they know people are watching, and trying to put a show on
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks WS - such a sad read

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:08 pm

I agree WS, it sounds like a show to me too. The eyes need to stay on them and hopefully they'll accept the help they've been offered.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks for that WS, they are certainly aware that they are being watched and it's disgraceful they are trying to make improvements only when people are watching Mad They are being watched and they should be aware that people are now onto them for their cruel and disgusting behaviour towards the animals Crying or Very sad Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next