Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more Baby Elephants

5 posters

Go down

No more Baby Elephants Empty No more Baby Elephants

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 am

No more Baby Elephants 210

Why this is important
In November, four elephant calves were caught from the wild, removed from their mothers and family group and exported from Zimbabwe to China. These elephant babies were sent to two zoos in China, Taiyuan Zoo in northern China and Xinjiang Safari Park in north-west China.

Sadly one baby has already died at Taiyuan Zoo, and the surviving male calf is very sick. The photos and video footage we have seen are very distressing; this baby is physically sick and given his condition and environment, suffering psychological distress. Elephant experts and vets around the world have expressed concern that he is very underweight, his skin is covered in marks and sores and the swelling under his belly needs urgent attention. He is in need of immediate veterinary care, but so far the zoo has refused all offers of help.

The conditions in Taiyuan Zoo are wholly unacceptable for keeping elephants. Indeed even modern zoos following the most up-to-date standards are unable to provide for all the physical, psychological and social needs of these large, socially complex, intelligent animals.
To sign the Petition Please click the link below
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/No_more_baby_elephants_captured_for_Chinese_zoos_1/

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

No more Baby Elephants Empty Re: No more Baby Elephants

Post  Doogs Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh my word what a pitiful looking picture Sad

"four elephant calves were caught from the wild, removed from their mothers and family group and exported from Zimbabwe to China" - that is such a disgrace. If they are born in the wild they should be staying in the wild not moved to a disgusting, stinking, dirty zoo in China Crying or Very sad

Signed Mad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:43 pm

I agree Doogs it seems as though the Chinese are not just happy to turn the animals of this world into medicine ( so called ), carvings, and food. They are now intent on destroying them in pathetic excuses for Zoos. If any Zoo treated their Pandas, that they allow other Zoos to have at exorbitant fees, and retain the right to have the babies, and the parents back. Like they are treating these baby Elephants, you could imagine what they would say Mad Mad
WS Mad Mad
Signed
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I feel quite Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil I am becoming so intolerant of the chinese and their disgusting appalling habits.

Signed and shared on FB and Twitter.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Signed and shared on FB.

I agree with what you have all said. I will add though that I have not time at all for the Chinese and the despicable things they do to animals and I for one wont be happy until the world slams down on them and puts a stop to it all for good.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Well said and I totally agree 1000%

4,820 signed now and they want 10,000 shouldn't be too hard to get this going.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

No more Baby Elephants Empty The Chinese problem will only escalate

Post  Chris-AWD Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Count now standing at 8603 - very low in comparison with previous campaigns, which I have signed.

I once participated in a forum with some Chinese people about rhino poaching.

This was very enlightening indeed.

We confronted them with scientific proof that rhino horn has no curative or medicinal properties and even posted a link to a post by Lixin Huang, President of the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine that stated unequivocally that rhino horn has no place in Traditional Chinese Medicine.

The discussions become heated between some Chinese person and us that felt despite the proof above that we – “westerners” had no respect for their culture.

I have no idea how we are going to resolve this escalating problem.

Chris-AWD
Chris-AWD

http://www.africa-wildlife-detective.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Sadly I agree, but we have to keep on trying otherwise what will happen? One day the Chinese will realise the rest of the world were right, I just hope that when they do it isn't too late and we have no wildlife left.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Unfortunately I think your right Chris, and it's not about having respect for their culture, it's about having respect for all life, and that means wildlife, as well as humans. What really cant understand is if they believe so much that Rhino Horn works as a medicine, and they cant do without it, is that they cant see that the way they are going there will be no Rhinos left in the world, so where will they get the Rhino Horn then. I just dont understand their mindset at all

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Chris

It is very disappointing that the count is so low. All we can do is to sign the petitions and to spread the word and keep doing it. The sad fact is there are so many petitions aimed at saving wildlife and I wished that wasn't the case.

There is so much scientific evidence out there to prove that animal body parts do not cure and do not have any hormonal effect and I suppose the trouble is we are battling culture. If we were just battling science or education I imagine it would be easier but culture is a different thing and it's not down to someones intellect or understanding of the science it's a driven and long standing belief but my hope is that one day and hopefully one day soon those beliefs can change and animals can live the free lives they were meant to.

I understand what you are saying WS, that if they genuinely believe that Rhino horn will save them, make them better etc what will they do when it runs out, I honestly believe they don't think that logically about it, it must be like trying to get a Christian to imagine a world without God, for them God will always be there, for them there is no conception to think otherwise and maybe thats how they think about the Rhino and if it's not then they will just move on to another animal and if thats the case they are proving themselves, unwittingly, that the Rhino horn is not the magic they confess it to be and they are doing it just because they can. I hope that we are able to stop them before their unwittingness (if thats a word) comes to fruition.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down