Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan

+2
princesspurplehippy
whitestarling
6 posters

Go down

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan Empty Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:10 am

With all this beautiful weather we decided to have a trip down the North Wales coast towards Anglesey, and ended up at a small village on the coast called Llanfairfechan ( Literal translation The parish of the Church of St Fechan ) it's right on the coast, and has one of the many nature reserves along the North Wales Coast.

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 02310

The photo shows all the different Coastal Reserves.

A river flows down from the Snowdonia Mountains above the Village in between the car park, and the Nature Reserve
the rocks in the river have been carried down by the force of the water coming down over the years, but as you will see the water is lovely, and clear

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 02210

There were loads of Mallards, and their young on the river

All the young were quite advanced, but you could just hear Mrs S talking about the little lonely one, that a lady was telling her about, and we found it a bit father up the river with its Mum

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 00410

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 00510

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 00610

Not sure if this was its Dad, but it was seperate from the other adults

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 00310

Got some more to post, but its getting a bit late will post them tomorrow, Swans, and Cygnets

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan Empty Re: Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm

such a cute little duckling Very Happy Very Happy 
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan Empty Re: Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Wales is so beautiful WS and it looks a wonderful place to visit. The photo's are are really nice and i'm glad the little duckling was not on his own. I tried looking at the video but it said an error had occurred and to try later, not sure if it's my pc or the video but I will try again later.
You are right, the water is clear isn't it and im looking forward to the Swans and Cygnet pictures.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 2224760601 Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 2224760601 Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 2224760601  just got the video to play so it must have been my connection. Thats a cracking video WS and so lovely to see so many Mallards. The water looked clear in the pictures but you can see how clear it is in the video. So pleased I got to see the clip http://i73.servimg.c 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 pm

http://i73.servimg.c WS, what a lovely selection of photos Cool   

What a perfect place to go on a beautiful day, it's very picturesque.  

Look at little Chesney he's adorable I love you I love you

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Looks to be a lovely place to spend a few hours LW particularly if the weather is good.I suppose if all the little chicks that hatch out survive, we would be over-run with them. Nature seems to have a way of keeping things balanced as long as man does not poke his nose in too much!!

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:56 pm

I forgot about posting the rest of my pics taken at Llanfairfechan, with mithering about Forum probs, then my router What a Face 
This is the view from the bridge on the other side as it runs out into the Menia Straights, just as it's joining the Irish Sea, I'm sure those two Mallards would'nt be there if the river was in full flow, or they could end up in Ireland Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 40683 
Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 02010

The other side of the bridge as you enter the reserve from the car park there is a shelter with three boards detailing all the different birds you can see along the coast in English, and Welsh
Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 01810

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 01711

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 01611
The Pen, and Cygnets
Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 00810
One of the Cygnets
Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 01111
Close up of Mum
Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 01411

Coastal Nature Reserve Llanfairfechan 01210
A short 30 sec Video of them

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Lovely pics and video of the swan and cygnets WS they always look so very photogenic that you cannot help but take photos of them!! The cygnets look quite grown up and mum and dad have obviously done a great job feeding and protecting them.

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Stunning photo's WS, great to see the birds in English and Welsh, thats a great touch isn't it. The close up shot of mum is just gorgeous and she looks as if she new you were taking the photo, you can see the wter dripping off her bill. The Cygnets do look fairly old and incredibly adorable.
The video is smashing, wonderful of the family but I also liked hearing the gulls and the Mallard and Pigeon made me smile by keep trying to stay in shot of your videoing, it was quite comical Very Happy 
Thanks for sharing that WS.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:55 pm

cheers more great photos and video WS, thanks for posting. Those cygnets are just lovely I love you

Ducks, swans and pigeons all on your clip Cool

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 am

http://i73.servimg.c  and Thanks  WS. I must have missed this thread while I was away. Wonderful photos and clips and what a great place to visit.

Thanks for sharing.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down