Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government want YOUR view on our Natural Environment!

3 posters

Go down

Government want YOUR view on our Natural Environment! Empty Government want YOUR view on our Natural Environment!

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Wanted - your views on nature

The Government has launched a Natural Environment White Paper discussion document to ask for your views on nature. The White Paper will outline the Government’s vision for the natural environment with practical action to deliver that ambition.

You can help send a strong message about why the White Paper should:

* Provide a framework to restore the health of our wildlife and the natural processes upon which we depend eg. for clean air and water;
* Ensure the protection and enhancement of our existing wildlife sites;
* Maintain momentum to implement the Marine Act and identify Marine Protected Areas;
* Support people and communities to value and take action for wildlife.

There are several ways to take part:

* A short online survey;
* Respond to the full discussion document; or
* Write to your Member of Parliament (click here to find your MP).

The deadline is Saturday 30th October. You can find out more at www.playyourpart4nature.org.uk or download The Wildlife Trusts leaflet.

It would be great if you could mention The Wildilfe Trust and our Living Landscape visions in responding to the consultation.
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Government want YOUR view on our Natural Environment! Empty Re: Government want YOUR view on our Natural Environment!

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:25 am

Interesting find SM and one I shall look at properly later.

Thanks for posting.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Government want YOUR view on our Natural Environment! Empty Re: Government want YOUR view on our Natural Environment!

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks SM. I've had a read and a listen and now I need to gather my thoughts to comment, I want to do it responsibly.

Please note this is only for England. The White Paper does not cover Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. If anyone living here wants to make a comment or has questions they need to contact their Local Wildlife Trust.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Its nice to think we may have our point of view listened to, but in the long run everything comes down to money and with the amount of cuts that is happening at the moment I cant see how the results of this consultant will align with the current economics the current government is enforcing on their departments.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm not sure either SM but in my book, never give up trying, if we dont submit our opinions we will never know and if people don't bother then why should the government.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:40 am

Well said - and I agree

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down