Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

family problems

+2
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
6 posters

Go down

family problems Empty family problems

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't normally put this kind of thing on here but just in case I have to disappear off here for a bit I thought I'd better let you know

At the end of last week I found out my grandad (mum's dad) was taken into hospital as he wasn't looking after himself, or letting anyone else look after him, and it was so bad he had to have his leg amputated. I don't know the full story yet but considering he hasnt been in the best of health for years and that he is in his 80s I'm preparing for the worse.

I then found out today my nana (dad's mum) was taken into hospital yesterday with a bad angina attack, again she is in her 80s and has had a bad heart attack before and has to use oxygen so again I'm expecting the worse

On the good side the members of both our families are tough, stubborn and always pull through, and I am lucky that at the age of 36 I still have 3 out of 4 grandparents still alive but if anything does happen then I may disappear off here for a while.

Ive also not heard about the job I went for the other day and I'm worried if I do get the job then I might have to have time off work and it won't look good. Especially as I live 120miles away from my family so its not easy to go up and visit
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

family problems Empty Re: family problems

Post  Doogs Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:51 pm

That's not good news PPH, never nice when close members of the family are ill. I hope, as you say, that their toughness will get them through this difficult time.

No problem if you can't get on here, your family comes first.

Will be thinking about you.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Thats such a shame PPH, to hear one is ill is bad enough. I hope they recover soon, and things work out. Thanks for letting us know, we wont worry now about you, if you suddenly vanish for a while
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:05 pm

thank you, one good thing that will come out of this is that after years of unsuccessfully trying to get my grandad in a nursing home (which he needs to be in but is to stubborn to admit it) he now has no choice as there is no way he can look after himself.

Although I dont want to be the person or be anywhere near him when he is told this
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks for letting us know PPH and so sorry to hear your news, I hope they will both be okay and we'll be thinking about you, don't worry about vanishing, we'll look forward to you coming back when you can, family first always.

Lai Pai Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:28 am

I'm sorry to hear your news PPH. I hope everything turns out OK for you. Don't worry about disappearing, we'll be here when you come back. Thinking of you.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and I'm sure the rest of the family will have peace of mind when you do get your Grandad into a Nursing Home. It will be strange for him at first but I'm sure given time he'll settle in and you never know, he might even quite like it.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 pm

So very sorry to hear your news PPH. It's so tough when family becomes unwell but having two great aged family members unwell at the same time is extra hard. With lots of good care i'm sure your nana will get over her Angina attack but i'm sure after having had a heart attack before she was pretty scared, all being well she will recover well and be home soon.

Your grandad sounds like a tough chap, like many men his age. He has obviously tried hard to look after himself but not wanted to give in to being unable too, older Adults can be stubborn as mules sometimes, it's the way they were brought up and what that generation had to deal with. But now the time has come for him to accept a bit of help, yes he may grumble at first but with time I bet he will secretly love it and enjoy the company and the knowledge that he isn't alone in his house anymore.

No worries if you dissapear, we have all done that from time to time and as already said, Family always comes first, your friends will be here when you are back. Glad you let us know though so we don't worry.

Thinking of you and your family and Best Wishes to your Nana and Grandad.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm

I found out today that my nana is out of hospital and back home, so thats one of them out of danger.

I don't know about my grandad as my mum is not the best at giving news but to be honest she is a nurse so she is probably busy and as the saying goes 'no news is good news'

Living away from your family is on the whole good as my family is typically large and very Welsh, but its situations like this that makes me feel so out of the loop
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Glad your Nana is back home and ok and i'm sure your Grandad is doing fine too, as you say, no news is good news; i'm sure your mum would have contacted you if there had been any change to worry about, so hopefully all is going in the right direction.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down