Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 Empty Re: Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 pm

From Governors Camp FB Page - 11/01/2013

"These great photos were sent to us by Marike Godwaldt and Jan Hoekstra, they wrote to us to say "Thank you very much for having a wonder stay at the Sabyinio Lodge!" . Many thanks to Marike and Jan for sharing their photos with us".

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/media/set/?set=a.548854405126785.130469.127029937309236&type=1
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 Empty Re: Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Oh My Goodness Doogs, they are just so adorable aren't they, Gorillas are such expressive creatures and it's almost as if they love having their photo's taken.
I really enjoyed those Doogs so thanks for the share.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm

From Governors Camp FB Page - 25/01/2013

This lovely Gorilla trekking film was sent to us by Mike Ross of Africa Travel and features Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge and the Gorillas of Rwanda. Many thanks to Mike for sharing this with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHFDpq41854&feature=youtu.be

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Gorilla News from Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge..

24 January, 2013

It seems old man Guhonda the Silverback Male in charge of the Sabyinyo family had another surprise for us. At the very ripe age of 41, he has fathered yet another youngster! The newcomer is just under a month old and looking very healthy.

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 Gorill11

Clients that went trekking yesterday had awesome experiences in Kwitonda, Umubano and Agashya families.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 71418 Thanks Doogs, that was a great clip ........... and makes you want to go and visit for sure.

How wonderful that Guhonda is a father again at 41 - that really made me smile.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm

He must be some (fertile) Silverback Wink Laughing
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Gorilla News from Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge...

15 March 2013

Golden Monkeys are found in the forests of Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda. A trek to see them is a wonderful addition to your gorilla trekking safari as they are gregarious and extremly playful creatures as Nelis Wolmarans, manager of Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge found out when he went to see them recently. Many thanks to Nelis for sharing these wonderful photos with us.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.582500515095507.1073741839.127029937309236&type=1
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Amazing faces on the Golden Monkeys, thanks Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

From Governors Camp FB Page - 26/04/2013

GOOD NEWS. Despite fighting in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), the population of mountain gorillas continues to grow in the Greater Virunga region. A new census shows the region now has a total of 880 gorillas up from 380 in 2003.

The region extends across parts of the DRC, Uganda and Rwanda. The bad news is that local tourism has taken a hit because of the hostilities

http://i77.servimg.c http://i77.servimg.c http://i77.servimg.c
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Good news and of course bad news re the tourism which is bound to suffer due to hostilities. I really hope these gorillas stay safe and continue to thrive.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I Agree totally Lai
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 29, 2013 11:22 pm

A trek to see the Hirwa Gorilla Family

Taken at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge, Kinigi, Rwanda

These photos were taken on a trek to see the Hirwa Gorilla family. The dominant Silverback Gorilla of the Hirwa family is called Munyinya was originally a member of the Susa group which at that time was the largest gorilla group in the Virungas living on Mt Visoke. Munyinya was often in trouble with the Susa Silverback as he often mated with some of the group’s females. One day, Munyinya left the Susa group taking with him 2 of the group’s females and, over the next few months, slowly moved to the Mt Sabyinyo area but collecting other females on the way. Just under 2 years ago twins were born to one of the Susa females, closely followed by the birth of twins in Munyinya’s group! It is highly likely that Munyinya was the father of both sets of twins. Photos are courtesy of Dave Richards relief manager Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.610936825585209.1073741873.127029937309236&type=1

WOW Some amazing photos WOW

http://i77.servimg.c http://www.picgifs.c http://i77.servimg.c http://www.picgifs.c http://i77.servimg.c
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Oh Doogs those are just brilliant. A visit there is right at the top of my wish list. Beautiful photos, and amazing to see Munyinya so happy with his family, and that they are doing so well.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 pm

I would sacrifice a trip to the Mara to go and see these wonderful, beautiful animals in the wild, so I totally agree with you WS. I really hope I manage to do it one day (before I get too old and unable !!!).

There are some amazing pictures in this collection, wonderful to capture the interaction between the family members and WOW how close do the tourists get to the Gorillas, AWESOME Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 am

WOW Amazing photos and news. Pete is itching to go and see the gorillas, we have some friends who are going this October after their Mara trip with J & A so if they say it's totally awesome perhaps it should be on our list. I am not sure why I am hesitant, I think it's the getting there and the humidity and heat, I find that quite tough!

Like you say Doogs, while we are able Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 30, 2013 1:27 pm

I am not sure why I am hesitant,
I think it's the getting there and the humidity and heat, I find that quite tough!
It would be worth it though Lai for one trip Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 30, 2013 6:39 pm

I know Doogs, you are right, I am being a wet lettuce Laughing

As I said, it's on Pete's wish list so we'll be there before you know it Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri May 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:38 pm

A trek to see the Hirwa Gorilla Family...

http://www.governorscamp.com/blog/trek-see-hirwa-gorilla-family
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Doogs. I must pass this link on to Pete.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:23 pm

. . . . . and let us know what he says Lai Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:23 pm

He wants to go Doogs. I'm waiting until our friends come back in October, they are visiting Rekero with J & A and then on to Rwanda to see the gorillas. We are a tad alien Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480 Excellent news Lai Governors Camp Collection - Rwanda - Page 2 768480

Must admit I'm a tad envious alien as well hearing about your friends trip in October. You'll have to let us know how they get on and if possible get a couple of pictures to post on here
Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:53 pm

I will certainly hear all about it and will share their thoughts Doogs. Not sure who they are going with though, they've added it on to their J & A trip or maybe it's before scratch.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:42 pm

From where we crossed the Park boundery, we trekked for about an hour and twenty minutes before we reached the trackers who has been sitting with the Sabyinyo Family since very early that morning. We found the 16 strong family with majority of the group still in their nests where they settled the night before. Some of the youngsters were playing about while the adults were finding the strength to remove themselves from their warm beds. Sounds a lot like us humans, doesn't it? After about 10 minutes, GUHONDA finally lifted his head and starred at all the onlookers before giving a grunting OK for us to be there. Shortly after that we were surprised by new Mom, KAREMA, showing off her 10 day old baby. Everyone huddled to one side to get a glimpse of the little one. The tiny pink face was only in view for about 10 seconds before it was carried off into the thick underbrush. What an amazing feeling it was to see such a tiny little baby in a species that has seen the brink of extinction. Dian Fossey herself believed that the Mountain Gorillas of the Virungas would not see the turn of the century, but thanks to her efforts and the awareness she created towards this amazing species, I was able to now stand in the home of the Mountain Gorillas and witness this incredible sight. The rest of the family started moving around while feeding on the lush green vegetation. Guhonda waited around for a few more minutes before he too got up and started feeding. We followed the family as they went about their day. A little ways off we came across GIHISHAMWOTSI, the second in charge Silverback. He carried a few minor bitewounds, most probably from a fight with Guhonda. The dominant Silverbacks in a family don't take kindly to their subordanants breaking rank. Gorillas heel remarkably well though. They would self-heel from wounds that wou ld have us humans hospitalised in intensive care or even worse. All too soon our 1 hour came to an end and we were given the command to pls take our last pictures as it was time to leave the Gorillas

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151894639978488.1073741832.195591128487&type=1
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next