Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amur Leopard

+5
littlewid
Laikipia
whitestarling
RMorr50912
Doogs
9 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Amur Leopard - Page 8 Empty Re: Amur Leopard

Post  Prin* Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:50 am

Hello everyone! albino albino albino
Tiikeri and I were a little busy, first because my husband had traveled to Argentina AND THEN because he arrived lol! , but here are two videos of the girls, they are so big!
I hope all of you have a great week! cat

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks Prin* - finally had a good catch up with the clips. Those cubs have just grown and grown and really look magnificent.

Thanks for sharing.

I hope your husband had a good time in Argentina and that Tiikeri is settling in well.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 am

WOW They seem to be growing in leaps, and bounds Amur Leopard - Page 8 40683 . They are certainly shooting up. Great vids thanks Prin*. Hope your husbands had a safe journey, and Tiikeri is OK
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Hello Prin*

Just caught up with all your videos from the 15th to todays. What a difference in the cubs, from the ones on the 15th where they seemed content to leap on mum and chase her tail.......and mum sitting on them as if to say "i'm the boss of this game" to the ones in the den where they looked like 3 naughty kids who wouldn't go to sleep with one in particular being the one to annoy the others, I found those quite funny clips and then to todays clips where they have grown so much and I think in the first clip of today it's the first time I have seen any of them using the swinging hammock in a game of chase and leaping on each other, it was really wonderful to watch and then to see them in the last video climbing the trees, thats the first I have seen that with them but when one fell out I did give a giggle. They really are growing and exploring and they all look so well and very healthy.
Fantastic clips Prin*, I really enjoyed all of them.

Hope your hubby had a good trip and any new pictures of your little fellow Tiikeri?

You have a good week too fellow albino albino albino

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 am

Hello, friends!
I'm in a hurry right now, so I cannot show you my albino albino albino personality geek , but I'll compensate for this later on! rabbit
Tiikeri sends his love! cat

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh dear, oh dear - still lagging behind in catching up with this thread Embarassed
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Hello, everybody!
I hope you're having a great weekend!
My husband had a great trip, thanks, and dear Tiikeri is here with me.
We were watching the cubs, but now only Darla is available, and no problem with me, but Tiikeri seems to have lost interest and slept!
From yesterday, our cute Vlada!

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 pm

From today! Very Happy

Amur Leopard - Page 8 Capture_08252012_131511

Amur Leopard - Page 8 Capture_08252012_134418

Amur Leopard - Page 8 Capture_08252012_135818

And, for those of you who are interested, Tiikeri invites you to see him here: cat

https://picasaweb.google.com/111249165589664566102/TiikeriAugust2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJnHosXN2YiaMg&feat=directlink

Amur Leopard - Page 8 DSC07032

albino albino albino

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Prin*
I hope you are having a good weekend too and nice to know your husband enjoyed his trip Very Happy

Loved those little video clips, it's always lovely to see them having fun bounce

Just looked at Tiikeri's photo's......boy they are lovely, there are so many that are just beautiful but I do love the ones of him having a little wash and yawn I love you he was cetainly interested in your umbrella wasn't he and you can definiately tell he is a cat that likes his home comforts Sleeping and isn't it strange how all cats seem to like plastic bags.
Such a lovely selection of photo's and he is one very handsome boy......I just love him Group Hug
Thanks for sharing his pictures with us Prin*

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks for the clips and photos Prin* - wonderful to catch up.

Tiikeri's photos are lovely, such a handsome cat and he looks so happy.

Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Hello there, Littlewid I love you and Lai I love you !
Thanks for your kind words! Hugs
I am very happy that you enjoyed Tiikeri's photos. bounce
Today my husband took him to get his manicure and he behaved very well, even though the vet had said he used to turn into a tiger (which would fit his name, which means tiger in Finnish lol! ).
What I found most amazing is that the little one plays Hide and Seek, and enjoys it very much! cat
Tiikeri stays behind a wall or a door and peeks at me very quickly, with just one of his eyes wide opened :pirat: , and when I look at him he hides again, then, when I finally "find" him, he jumps very high. cheers
Well, enough of little cats and let's talk about the big ones! leopard in Tree

Akra and Freya afraid of cleaning and catering, as always; little Vlada enjoys some time with Mommy; everyone having a nice time near the stump.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

albino albino albino

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Hello again, friends! Very Happy
A kind Estonian lady went to the zoo and shared some pix! I love you

Amur Leopard - Page 8 110

Amur Leopard - Page 8 310

Amur Leopard - Page 8 210

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:12 pm

WOW Those pics from the Estonian Lady are brilliant thanks for putting them on for us to share. I have'nt had time to catch up on your videos or Tiikeri's pics yet as I'm working over the weekend, but the one you put on here of him looks lovely.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:52 am

Good morning Prin*

Thanks for the 3 clips, it's lovely to watch these leopards, their markings are just so beautiful and they are such magnificent big cats.

The photos are superb, really wonderful.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Enjoy your weekend.

Lai albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Prin*

I hope you have had a good weekend and lots of fun playing Hide and Seek with Tiikeri, what a playful little fellow he is Very Happy cat and I love that he gets so excited when you find him bounce

I wonder if he is more settled with you and your husband and thats why he is better behaved at the vets :?:

Loved all 3 of those clips, they really don't like the houswork being done do they No and the leap in the last video was brilliant, they really do know how to have fun don't they.

The pictures from the Estonian lady are simply gorgeous, it must be wonderful to actually be able to see them.

Thanks so much for the clips and the pictures Prin*, Have a good rest of the weekend and a nice week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 am

Hi littlewid! rabbit Yes, Tiikeri seems to be more and more settled, thanks! Today we decided to let him out for the first time and, to our surprise, we didn't need to call him back with food as his previous owner used to do. He wandered around the building but then came home on his own, the little darling! cat Besides Hide and Seek, he's also having a good time playing with his transport box! Maybe because it's made of paperboard or because the size just fits his own, I don't know, but he absolutely loved it! cat
Now to the bigger cats!

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks Prin* - i'll do another weekend catch up with these clips.

Glad to hear that Tiikeri is having a good time with you. Cats make me laugh how much they love boxes I love you

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Still loads to catch up on here Embarassed

WOW those photos the Estonian Lady took of the cubs are brilliant

Loved your slideshow of Tiikeri Prin, he looks so happy and settled in your home. How brilliant he was good getting his manicure and that just sounds so sweet he loves to play hide and seek I love you When you get a cat that's as playful as that you can just sit and watch them for hours, they really do keep you entertained Amur Leopard - Page 8 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Prin* albino albino albino

I think Tiikeri going out for the first time and coming home without having to be called in with food, just goes to show how settled he is in his new home and I bet it was a relief for you and your husband that he came home without any trouble cat
Mine too love their travel box..........as long as it's not for a trip to the vets, they do not like the car and meow all the way there......and Tiga has a really loud voice Very Happy ......lets hope as it's paperboard that Tiikeri doesn't try and break out if he needs a trip to the vets What a Face

Loved all those videos but what made me smile was in the first one, our Leopard family didn't even seem to realise that they were being watched from the sidelines, they just carried on playing and leaping on each other Very Happy
The little cub in the second one gave up fairly quickly on her meal, she just wandered off and left it didn't she and in the third and fourth video, I take it that was early morning? I did notice that they seemed less playfull at that time, they just seemed happy wandering around and laying down.......and doesn't the grass look longer in that early morning light.
Then in the last one they were back to messing about and climbing up the stone wall, infact when they go over the wall you realise how big their enclosure must be.
They seem to be growing all the time and they do look so lovely but my favouite thing about them is when they are playing in the hammock like they were in the first video.

Thanks for all the clips Prin* and have a good rest of the week and more fun with Tiikeri.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Thats a good sign Prin*, Tiikeri coming back the first time out really shows he's happy. Thanks for the Vids, love the interaction between the Cubs, and Mum. They really are getting big now, not sure if the Cub eas eating something or it was something he was palying with, in the last one.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:25 am

Thank you very much for your nice words about Tiikeri! Group Hug
Now he's been out four or five times already and not once he gave us trouble, but it was today that I was finally convinced he's really happy with us. cat
Every time my physiotherapist arrives, he goes to the door with me to greet her rabbit , and when she rang the bell today there was some noise in the upstairs floor and I heard his previous owner's voice, so I said "See? It's your mommy!" and let the door open for him to go to her, since he's used to go there in his outings. But to my surprise he didn't, he just stared a little and then came back in and started observing what we were doing, even though the door stayed opened for some fifteen minutes. I dont get it I know he's happy here too, but I always thought he'd try to run away back to her if he could! lol!
Hey, littlewid, your cat's name goes with Tiikeri, even more so because his nickname is Tiik now! Does Tiga have a topic of her own? I'd like to meet the little one! Very Happy
The black and white videos were very early in the morning, so they were captured with the infrared tech. Cubs were still kind of sleepy! Wink
I am not sure either, WS, if the baby was playing or eating, but they do play a lot with their food, Momma Darla didn't teach them not to! tongue
I'm glad you liked the slideshow, Doogs! We finally put the safety nets, so I'll try to upload some more pix tomorrow. bounce
Lai, I had no idea how much cats liked boxes! They sure have a lot of fun with them! cheers I hope you like these new clips:

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Prin* Very Happy

Well that just goes to prove how happy Tiikeri is with you and your husband, he obviously really classes your home as his home; a little sad for his previous owner I should imagine but wonderful for you and your husband and to be truthful, as you are his new owners now it is just as it should be, that he is very happy in his new home bounce
Tiga does have his own thread, he has picture in his thread and Splodges thread and I believe in Bentleys......the boy gets everywhere Amur Leopard - Page 8 40683
If you look on the Home Page in Pet Chat and Videos, you will find his thread....Tiga, My Maine Coon Boy. I have just posted some new ones of him but not action shots, he is either eating or sleeping.....he is one very lazy chilled out cat Sleep
How great the Tiik and Tiga are almost one of a kind with their names. Ginger Cat

Loved the videos, I always have a giggle with them messing in the Hammock and aren't they becoming good tree climbers as well. The den cams always make me smile because they are usually quite sleepy in there like in the first clip and I love the way they huddle together. The second to last video was brilliant with the little cub jumping up to the cam, it gave us some good face shots.

Thanks for the info on th previous videos Prin* and you have a good week and look forward to the next lot of clips Amur Leopard - Page 8 853843 and a big Group Hug to Tiik from all of us here.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi Prin*

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the clips. These amur leopards really are magnificent.

Good to hear Tiik is really settled in now, he's obviously found himself a wonderful new home with you and your husband.

Have a great evening.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:05 am

Hello, my friends! Very Happy
First of all, I was very happy to be introduced to adorable Tiga... cheers
What a handsome fellow he is! cat Littlewid should be very proud! bounce
As to Tiik, something rather strange happened yesterday.
Sometimes, when we are petting him, I guess he gets tired of it and he moves his head in a different way and this is his "Stop sign": if we do not stop, he gives us a small bite. Amur Leopard - Page 8 327467
As my friends who have cats said it was normal cat behaviour and it doesn't hurt - it's a very soft bite - I never thought much about it.
Besides, as Tiik's previous owner told me the vet said he was a little testy because he had been abused, I always think "Poor Tiik" and it's ok.
But he was a little strange yesterday. :?:
He ate much less than his normal share - maybe because I changed his salmon flavoured food to chicken, but the neighbour said he's used to it as well - and he was vocalizing more. :|
When my husband tried to pet him, he refused and my husband let him be, but Tiik started to run around the house, so husband thought now he wanted to play and went looking for him, but Tiik all of a sudden came from under a table and bit him on the leg! No
Husband then sprayed him with water the way my neighbour had told us to do when Tiik misbehaves, but I felt very uncomfortable with it... Because I think Tiik did it because he was afraid and punishing him would get things worse. Amur Leopard - Page 8 615959
No bites today, but he's still eating little.
Funny thing is when I put the food on my hand and give it to him he eats, so it puzzles me. scratch I haven't changed his bowl nor washed it with any cleaning product, and I have also tried to put the food in other bowls, including the water bowl, which he was using normally, to no avail. silent
To the bigger cats now! leopard in Tree
I am very sorry: I thought I had posted these September 2nd videos, but now I realize I haven't - silly me! pale

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 am

I don't know if you guys already saw it when the leopards turn on the light at the "kannu" camera.
It stays on for about a minute and goes off again.
I like it because we can see the cubs in a different light, not daylight and not infrared either.

We can see the lights turning on from 1:45 on.

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next