Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PBS Nature The White Lions

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PBS Nature The White Lions - Page 2 Empty Re: PBS Nature The White Lions

Post  littlewid Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Glad your feeling better Lai Very Happy .........i've still got the itches to talk about this but gonna have to keep scratching till Doogs has seen it Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Come on Doogs get your finger out we're all gagging PBS Nature The White Lions - Page 2 40683 . Wondered why you were up so early Lai hope your feeling better
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Wed May 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks guys for all the kind words, but I knew everyone would love it as much as I did. The only thing I'll say until Doogs get a chance to see it is, how surprised I was at the end! Very unusual, and I think what makes it such a good story.

Ronnie

PS. Love the link on the homepage!
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Glad you like the link Ronnie, so far there has been 266 views of this on the Forum, the number always shoots up with a Home Page link, so there's proberbly been alot more people looking at the video. As you say the ends a surprise, I've emailed Chad Cocking from Motswari to see if I can get a current update on the Pride now.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 am

Reply from Chad, from Motswari Blog

Hi White Starling!

Thanks for the message, and yes indeed those are our white lions, now famous across Europe! Sadly though, we haven’t seen them for some time Sad and have had no news on them, so really not sure how they are doing!

You are not the first person to ask about the white lions, and I really do need to make an update for everyone! So I shall try over the course of the next week to write up a short synopsis of the current state of affairs regarding the pride and their movements, so you will see it on the blog shortly! Thanks for the idea :)

Regards

Chad
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Guys - feel free to speak about this - I'll make a point of not looking at the thread until I've watched the programme !! cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: PBS Nature The White Lions
whitestarling Today at 10:42

.Reply from Chad, from Motswari Blog

Hi White Starling!

Thanks for the message, and yes indeed those are our white lions, now famous across Europe! Sadly though, we haven’t seen them for some time and have had no news on them, so really not sure how they are doing!

You are not the first person to ask about the white lions, and I really do need to make an update for everyone! So I shall try over the course of the next week to write up a short synopsis of the current state of affairs regarding the pride and their movements, so you will see it on the blog shortly! Thanks for the idea

Regards

Chad.

Posted this again, so it does'nt get missed on the last page
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 24, 2012 1:22 pm

PBS Nature The White Lions - Page 2 768480 well done WS - that's brilliant to contact Chad, let's hope he does an update on his blog soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Fri May 25, 2012 2:03 am

I agree with Lai, great idea WS. It will be interesting to hear more. I'm not too surprised to hear that they haven't been seen recently. They are such a small pride in a dangerous area and I would think tend to keep a low profile. Hopefully that's the case and all is well for them.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri May 25, 2012 5:24 pm

I think I've found Matimba and Kanya's theme song

WS PBS Nature The White Lions - Page 2 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Brilliant that you messaged Chad WS, lets hope he has some news soon.

They really are brave mums aren't they, a few times I had my heart in my mouth with this family. Lots of tears shed when one of the brothers died after the attack, that was just so sad but so touching how they all said goodbye to him, I am so pleased they were with him when he died and didn't leave him alone.
The male coming in at the end had me at first thinking he may have been the cubs dad but obviously not but at least they now have a protector which is fabulous for them.
I know I will be watching this again it had me captivated all the way through.

Thats a great Theme tune for them WS.......Sisters are doing it for themselves.....those girls surely did didn't they and with great style too bless them.

Fingers crossed we have more news soon.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sat May 26, 2012 3:25 am

I totally agree LW! When the male cub was injured it was very touching how the entire family tried to encourage him and never left him. I was also impressed by the fact that when it was said and done they all seemed to go and pay respects. I really thought this was something you guys needed to see as trying to describe it just would not have the weight of seeing it yourself. I was very surprised when the male came in at the end without malice towards the cubs, but by then I would guess Matimba and Kanya would have been about ready to mate again anyway, plus the two white girls would also be almost mature. Seems the timing was right.

WS, that is about the perfect song for those two. Two females with the hunting prowess of these girls deserve a song by two females of equal singing prowess!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sat May 26, 2012 4:25 am

I just got some information on the three males who were constantly harassing Matimba and Kanya. They were known as the Timbavati Males. There is now only on left. This info is very reliable. Seems the group I'm in and asked the question on Chad is also a member. He responded to my question. Hopefully when he updates his blog we will get more info on what happened to them.

Ronnie

PS I just got a little more info from Chad. He reports seeing the remaining Timbavati male earlier today looking "fat and happy". Still not sure what happened to the other two though. I keep having to add to this post because I keep getting more info from Chad. Seems these males are Matimba and Kanya's brothers. I'll see if I can get more info when I get home from work.
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat May 26, 2012 6:23 pm

PBS Nature The White Lions - Page 2 768480 Well done Ronnie, it's great your in touch with Chad as well. The more info we get the better idea we have of whats happened, between the end of the documentary and now.
This is a short extract form Motswari Blog on the 3/12/2010.

PBS Nature The White Lions - Page 2 Wa121

The link below shows the whole article, explaining the interaction, and relationship between the different prides in the area, and our White Lions, including the Male Lions involved, it start before the Xakubasa pride was formed up untill the end of the documentary. It's a long read, but if you have the time well worth it.
http://motswariblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/xakubasa-pride.html

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 27, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks WS. I didn't get a chance to look at this yesterday but will have a read later today as it's a long one.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2