Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

5 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:36 am

My guess is pink, each year we seem to predominantly have pink, but then again ...... scratch I have to be different and go for Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 45922 ..... Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 Sweet10 any of these colours cheers

Lai Laughing

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:18 pm

I don't know if you ever watch any flower/garden programmes but last night I Sky+d the RHS Hampton Court flower show and they've just had a bit on Sweet Peas Very Happy

Learned a bit about them - I had no idea there were 3 types (+ the wild one)
Spencer - old variety and heavily scented.
Grandiflora
and scratch I've forgotten the 3rd

Anyway it was interesting to see the display and all the beautiful colours.

ps Littlewid mulch is good.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:49 pm

So i'm on Pink, Mrs S is on Lilac........I think thats a good call too Mrs S.......and Lai is........Cheating.......or do you call that hedging your bets madam lol!

I inspected mine too this evening, they have grown since wednesday I believe but still no buds. I'm feeding mine Tomato food as well WS, I read on the internet it was good for PEAS, so thats what I brought the other week but I may now be looking for some mulch as well......got to try and do your best for your PEAS Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 768480

We are expected heavy rain over the weekend so I hope they don't get too much of a battering and I hope Mrs S's and yours Lai don't suffer over the weekend with the weather because I think the rain is pretty much wide spead over the country.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Ours have had a real battering today affraid The heavens really opened, and its been like it all day. The tide was in, and it was a high one, which caused the river in the village where we lived, to back up with all the torrent of water pouring down off the surrounding hills. That made the river burst its banks, and flooded the road. When we came through the houses at the side were in danger of being flooded. When we got home the pond water was pouring down the lane it was like a log flume.
Did'nt have a chance to check the Peas, but we're thinking of planting rice Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:48 am

No Poor you WS. Our river was fit to burst last night so those poor little Kingfishers, I hope that if they had a nest it has survived.

I haven't checked our Sweet Peas today, but suspect they took a hammering with all that rain - ok so I'm a bit it could be pink it could be lilac it could be red it could be ..... ? Very Happy

I'm now going to be bold and say WHITE cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 pm

WooHooooooo Lai says White bounce so we have Pink, Ooo heck did Mrs S say Lilac...will have to check that......and Lai says White......now we have to wait and Shocked

Hope both of your PEAS are ok today, I saw all the rain and floods on the news last night and it was terrible, we have so far got away with it and I have just checked my PEAS and they have grown again, they are shooting up but no buds as yet.

WS you made me laugh about growing rice lol!

I wished I had seen that programme Lai I didn't know there were different varieties of PEAS, it would have been great to have seen the programme.

Fingers corssed all our PEAS survive the weekend and look spritely for Wednesday flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I went out earlier whilst the sun was shining to talk to the S. PEAS and to check on them. A battering yesterday but looking okay, also removed some pesky bindweed that's wrapping itself around them and not helping What a Face

It's raining now so hopefully no flooding and the S. PEAS start flowering.

Hoping Mrs S's are okay over those Welsh Hills and haven't suffered too much in the rain.

Fingers crossed yours start shooting soon Littlewid cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Flippin eck Lai, you must have hawk eyes, it took me ages to find that bindweed, seeing as Benjamins not doing his job properly Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 am

I was up close and personal with the S. PEAS WS - willing them to get on and flower, with an emphasis on white/cream being the first one to flower. Please note I said white/cream now as I am not sure there is a pure white!!!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Mrs S You the man (woman)

The first 3 are .....Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 Sweet_15

definitely lilac Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 Sweet_16

just spotted a little bee coming in for a look (blurry i know but i was focusing on the S.PEA).

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 305898 Mrs S

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks Lai at least I got the colour right. Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 305898 on getting the first blooms. Well done.
Mrs S
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 71418 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843 WELL DONE MRS S Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 768480 LILAC it was Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843

Loving those pics Lai and congratulations on getting the first flower 's they are lovely and I really like the shot of the little Bee buzzing into the photo, just brilliant.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 305898 to both you and Mrs S Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:07 pm

A new addition today was a purple one - no time to photo but will check tomorrow, hoping for more ....

Anyone else any S.PEA update/news ?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:08 am

Nope not yet they've been fed talked to, shouted at, and pleaded with but zilch, they're still growing upwards though. Wonder what the next colour will be
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 am

Statistic. This thread has been viewed 199 time since the 20th June scratch
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 am

There must be lots of PEA lovers out there then WS Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 768480

Mine are growing up great and.........I really think there are signs of buds this time Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843 I will check them out later and post the Wednesday pic. They got their feed on Monday and they too have been talked too and told they look lovely, so fingers crossed I am right about the buds Very Happy

I'm going for Mauve on your next flower Lai flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 am

Sadly first thing this morning it was tipping down so I didn't go and inspect the S.PEAS but I will be sure to go with my camera a little later and see who is next in the colour chart Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 45922

Loving your stats WS cheers I reckon Littlewid's will be next to flower Wink sorry Mrs S

Lai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Nipped out quickly, quick flash of sunshine and here's the selection of 6 S.PEAS that have come out so far

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 Sweet_17

taken on my mobile so a bit blurry but we've got .... lilac, pink, cream and purple cheers

Lai flower
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 71418 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843 What a lovely selection Lai and yours are doing so well, they are beautiful and I bet they smell gorgeous too......you are streets ahead of me.

Mine have got a few buds on......i'm sure this time Very Happy but I cant get a good enough pic with my mobile so I will just have to wait and see how they develop and then get a pic.
Heres mine today, Like you I had to wait for a bit of sunshine, we have had dreadful rain and thunder and lightening today and the PEAS have had such a bashing over the last week or so but they are growing which is good.
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 Img-2062
Excuse the black curley head at the bottom.......guess who Very Happy
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Just showed Mrs S the pics Lai, and she went WOW they are lovely. I think your will be next as well LW, no sign of buds here No although they are really high now. Mrs S says I've got to pic the next colour What a Face So I'm going for Skybluepink with yellow spots.
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 00115

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 40683 WS - you are definitely hedging your bets, amazing to see how tall yours have grown.

Yours look good and sturdy despite all the rain Littlewid.

I'm going to have a bet on when they flower. WS I reckon Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 45922 14 days from now and Littlewid Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 45922 10 days from now ................ Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 am

WOW your PEAS have really sprouted Mrs S but I wont count on your first flower being the colour WS thinks it may be No No No that would be a first and you could win a medal for that Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 40683

Ooooooo 10 days till mine flower, I will have to tell them that Lai and maybe give them an extra feed Very Happy .......so I have 9 days from now.......the countdown is on Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 2 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 am

What a Face Littlewid - I do love a good bet, but think I could be waayyyyyyy off there Laughing I need to go and check mine later and see if we've any more and any red ones yet.

Lai flower
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm

I think I need 9 days of sunshine Lai to get some flowers. We have had loads of rain and after quite a sunny start this morning it soon turned back to heavy rain again and I am sure they need the sun to help them on a bit, so I will just have to wait and see what they do.

A Red S PEA would be lovely......fingers crossed one appears very soon, you've more chance of that than WS's next colour choice lol!

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

I Agree Littlewid, WS was a tad random with his latest guess! We've sunshine so off to inspect S.PEAS now and report back.

Hoping you get sun soon, otherwise they'll never flower What a Face

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next