Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest

4 posters

Go down

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Empty Llama Park - Ashdown Forest

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 pm

I thought I would give myself a little birthday treat, so today I took the day off work and went to the Llama Park in Ashdown Forest. This is simply an amazing place that has over 100 Llama and Alpacas and also a wonderful herd of Reindeer. I had never been before so was really looking forward to wandering around the 30 acres and having a look in the Alpaca shop and the south American shop plus having coffee and then lunch.
I took my mum with me and when we arrived we went and had coffee plus a yummy cake and then with cameras at the ready we were off on our travels.
First Llama of the dayLlama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_242
These next two were offering side views and semi full face......they knew what they were doing Very Happy
Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_243

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_244

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_245

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_246
These two Alpaca were on top of their mound surveying their teritory
Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_247
This baby Reindeer was so hard to capture, everytime I had her in shot she moved and blured the picture or just ran off, this is the best I could do today, best backend of the day Very Happy and one feeding behind another reindeer.
Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_310

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_312
(The Reindeer in this pic with the baby is called Dandy.....but more about Dandys story tomorrow, it was one of those once in a life time moments)

Some fluffy antlers
Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_313
And some more antlers
Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_314
Dandy
Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_315
A very cheeky face but sooo smiley
Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Kian_316
After this guy we got very distracted by Dandy, so much so that lunch ended up being at 3pm and we were very lucky as they stopped serving lunch at 2.30 but they knew that Dandy had been the reason we were off with our time.
After lunch we had a good look round the shops, some nice cardigans for £200+, I didn't buy a cardigan but I did buy a Pachamama, a lovely pink knitted jacket/cardigan that is lined and padded and has a hood and will be fab for nero walking. Lots of the Alpaca stuff was gorgeous and the fur is really soft and one thing about Alpaca fur is that is is only what is shaved off of them and then spun etc, the animals are not killed for their fur and it is sooooooo soft but costs a fortune.
I will be going back again and definiately at Christmas and if anyone lives near enough to visit I would so recommend it.

More on Dandy tomorrow I love you but for now, that was my birthday
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest Empty Re: Llama Park - Ashdown Forest

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Birthday, you kept that one quiet LW - Hope we haven't missed it, don't remember seeing the reminder at the bottom of the page Llama Park - Ashdown Forest 45922

Sounds like you and mum had a great day LW - you must have if there was cake and animals involved Llama Park - Ashdown Forest 40683 Loving your pictures, they are great. That little rendeer looks so adorable I love you

£200+ for a cardigan, YIKES affraid Your purchases sound nice though and good to hear the Alpaca's are not killed for their fur, we like that :)

Looking forward to hearing more about Dandy, sounds as though there is an interesting story to tell.

Doogs cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 am

Glad you had a good day LW, and the weather looks as though it was good for you. Will have to check the pics again tomorrow, for some reason a lot of them are not showing on my PC scratch , but the ones I have seen are Brill. Birthday Hmmm hope you have'nt kept it a secret.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 am

Glad you both liked the pictures Very Happy the weather was lovely WS, it was a nice sunny day, they did predict a little rain but it never happened. The knitware was expensive Doogs but also so lovely, it was also all modern.The little Reindeer was gorgeous but she never really stood still but she was funny to watch, you also got the feeling she knew she was being watched a lot Very Happy I will post about Dandy this evening I love you
It was my Birthday yesterday and a brilliant one it was too Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 am

Llama Park - Ashdown Forest 45922 Birthday ??? I missed it Littlewid. Just back from Brussels and very intermittent Broadband at home and work so didnt catch up yesterday.

Hope you had a wonderful day, it looks like you did, some really stunning photos and lovely crisp, pin sharp close ups of those beautiful alpacas.

Thanks for sharing.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 am

Got to see all the pics now LW, they are really good loved the ones of Dandy. Seems LW kept her birthday quiet, you know how some of these old biddys are sensative about their age Llama Park - Ashdown Forest 40683
WS
PS The backend of that Baby Reindeer reminds me of somebody scratch
ROFL
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Glad you all liked the photo's, the Llama's and Alpacas are just adorable and the Reindeer are a delight. I will surely be going back there again and want to take Lara & Kin at Christmas.

Me sensitive about my age WS......don't think so No I thought 25 was something to shout about Llama Park - Ashdown Forest 853843 Razz Razz Razz

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down