Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chui The leopard

5 posters

Go down

Chui The leopard Empty Chui The leopard

Post  Ghost2k25 Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm

I have many recent updates on Chui and the territory he own. On Facebook a page called "Mara triangle", posts pictures of him. The spot pattern matches also his non-shyness attitude toward vehicles alludes to his childhood being on "big cat"

Ghost2k25

Back to top Go down

Chui The leopard Empty Re: Chui The leopard

Post  whitestarling Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Ghost
Welcome to WAA. We all love our Leopards, ther are so many that are, and have been our favourites. We do follow Mara Triangle news in our Blog section, but to be honest I've not heard a lot about Chui. I will have to check it out on Mara Triangle. When you have been a member for 7 days you will be able to post links to Chui's updates here so we can all follow him

WS
Whitestarling

Last edited by whitestarling on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi Ghost, welcome to the Forum cheers I do tend to keep up to date with the Mara Triangle's FB Posts but haven't done so so much this past few days due to being ill. So, on checking this is what they posted the other day:

"I was with a friend of mine from Narok side today and just found out that our big boy "Lemayian" was called "Chui" before he came to MT. He is around 50km sign, Olare Salt Lick area all the way to TZ border. Usually we see him around salt lick".

A regular to the 'cat' pages on FB, Sarah Skinner posted this: "This is the same Chui, son of Bella. It was around 2 years ago that it was doscovered he was in the MT and hence why he is more habituated to cars more so than many other, more shy Leopard. He grew up in front of the BBC cameras into a stunning male and so glad to see he still calls the MT home, lovely shot"

Here's the shot:

Chui The leopard Chui10

How totally wonderful if this is Chui after all this time cheers I seem to remember him having a very distinctive 'necklace' - it was like 4 dice if I remember rightly, must check on that :study:

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Soory Ghost, I did'nt realise it could be Bella's Chui never thought of that thanks Doogs. There must be some pics or videos from Big Cat Dairy on You Tube that will show if he has the necklace, its worth checking on
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:56 am

I've managed to find a clip from Big Cat Dairy showing Chui when he was young, just about ready to leave Bella, and go on his own.

I've taken a couple of pics off the video to see if it helps with identification
Chui The leopard 133

Chui The leopard 215

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 am

WOW That's wonderful news that it is Chui son of Bella, after all that time, how fantastic to have news of him.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Aaaaah that was a lovely clip WS and great to see two of my all time favourite Big Cat Diary Like a Star @ heaven - Cheza and Sala I love you I love you I adored them Very Happy

Good photos - That first one shows a distinctive pattern on Chui's neck that would easily identify him. The bit I was referring to is just below that, it's as though he (and all leopards) have a 'necklace' one. Will have to dig out my BCD Book and see if there are any pictures in there but Thanks so much for these ones
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Welcome to the gang Ghost. It's a very fun place to be.

I have checked out the Mara Triangle page and it looks great, so thanks for mentioning it.

A word of warning: You are kinda stealing Lai's thunder with this leopard thread lol!

Another word of warning: We are rather silly around here Razz
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Chui The leopard Empty This has to Be Our Star CHUI

Post  Ghost2k25 Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 am

Here are some variants which I strongly believe point to this leopard being Chui
1. The comfort Lv of this particular leopard with vehicles(stated on the fb page)(males leopards are known to be even more secretive than females
2. The Age description, this leopard is rumored to be around 9-10 year old, matching Chui's age
3.The spots marks
4.Curiosity factor(behavior), if I'm not mistaken on this or some other fb page,there is a picture of the leopard hunting some sort of birds on the riverbed(something similar to Chui's behavior when he was a curious cub)

Overall I am very excited to finally know Chui is alright and strong, I honestly never really formed a connection with his older sister olive bevause I never witnessed the close moments and memories as Chui did with hos mom,the legendary queen, Bella. It seems just like yesterday Chui was a overgrown cub fooling around in his moms territory.After sadly losing Bella in 2009, I believe I've gained part of her back with Chui. Chui is probably the only Leopard star besides olive still alive, Shadow(half-tails)daughter is believed to have died in the summer of 2012,according to Pepe on JC forum. I wonder where and how are Olives cubs including the males Kali and Paha? Seems to me like Binti has diassapeard, and so have most of olives pasts Cubs? Does anyone by perhaps also know what happened to Shadows daughter, I forgot her name starts with S. I'm amusing she's dead, bevause her mom lived to be 16 and she can only be a few years younger?

Ghost2k25

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 am

Her name was Safi Ghost. She was not like Half tail or Zawadi/Shadow she was rather shy of vehicles. She featured in Big Cat Dairy 3 series which was filmed in Nov / Dec 2000, and Safi was at the age when she was beging to hunt, so as you say she's getting on. I have'nt found any further news, but this is one of the clips of her from that series.

I think we all agree thats Chui, it was Doogs saying about his necklace that we were looking for just out of interest.
This is a Link to Jacksons Blog, with pictures of Chui from Jan 2010
http://jacksonlooseyia.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/habari-jema-chui.html
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 am

What are you like GR? Was that another hint at me getting on with my photos Laughing

If I could stop albino albino here I might just do that ....................

Lai silent
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 am

Hint hint hinty Lai! Razz

leopard in Tree Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:22 pm

As I am typing I am waiting for Youtube to upload a demo slideshow from my recent trip to Zambia .....

Lai leopard in Tree
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down