Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas!

+2
Doogs
Laikipia
6 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 Empty Re: Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas!

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:55 pm

http://i73.servimg.c  and http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c  http://i70.servimg.c  Happy days indeedy.

Enjoy your chill time and the town hitting Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 40683 

Lai Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601 

ps I love this Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601  one
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm

I got back in touch with the publisher a while ago and tonight she gave her thoughts on much of chapter 4 of TSP and wants to have a half hour weekly mentoring session with me. Yay!!!

But I don't have Skype, nor a sturdy computer. Connection problems shall be the death of all WAA associates hehehe. Hope I can get something up and running by Wednesday evening...
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Oh you must indeedy. Skype is brilliant and easy to install honestly, even with my awful BB speed and endless problems I still use Skype.

That's brilliant news G Giraffe  Giraffe  http://i77.servimg.c  R aka P Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 3525291757  king rabbit  albino  http://i77.servimg.c Onesie Man S http://i77.servimg.c  et al.

Lai queen rabbit  albino  http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:05 pm

http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c 

I am very happy Very Happy 

And let's do this too Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601 

Whatever 'Skype' I downloaded on Monday night was merely shonky lol. Once downloaded I was unable to find the actual file for it, and then my internet homepage settings had changed. Even when manually changing this back, it still loads up this new page, though that isn't a biggie.

I really do have one of the best besties in the world. Because how is this for friendship? I was meant to take him out bowling Wednesday, but after telling him of my excitement with the publisher on Tuesday and possible mentoring session Wednesday he immediately scrapped the bowling and even came around Tuesday night and installed Skype! He was laughing - sometimes in frustration - at how Censored my internet connection is though Laughing "How do you live with this?" Razz 

It seemed that Skype might not work anyhoo, since I couldn't use it to call my mates mobile for a test, nor could I buy myself any credit (needs more authorisation on my card, don't know why, I buy stuff with it online on Amazon confused ), but the publisher said that voice call could be used for free and maybe video call. So it came to last night and Jane had messaged me on Skype at 7:30pm, so yes, something was working! At ten to eight we tried video call but it wouldn't work, but then we tried voice call and it was great! I had nothing prepared except having the page open of chapter four with her notes, and one topic for me to add to get the ball rolling and away we went! I managed to keep her attention for over fifty minutes - quite a big deal for me considering that I am not the greatest in conversation - and she was perfectly easy to talk to. She really is a big fan of this project, and seems to have a lot of faith in me. To some degree that is why there has been so much feedback and in some cases criticism, because I am worth putting the time into as The Seriousness Police really does have incredible potential!

For the first time I spoke more about myself too, so my work and the dogs and so forth (I even touched briefly on a road I went down five years ago that I want to write in as a metaphor with Summer in book 2). She was interested in what I do, because she thought I might have been a teacher given the books storyline and my 'wordiness'; WOW nice compliment! So I spoke about my dad and she asked if I had had to go to his school and said no, but then we joked about the problems such a scenario causes and it was just really carefree discussion which was enjoyable. Just to talk to someone about TSP like this is really going to be of major assistance to me, as it encourages think processes more and will - hopefully Razz - get me back to writing more structured sections for it all. She would say something, and then I'd be like, "Well just on that point", or "since you mention that", so it is easy to trigger new possibilities with the book from within me, just because the entire project is so personal. It's so me! I spoke about my favourite singer Emiliana Torrini and how she jokingly says that she requires prodding sometimes from Dan Carey (her music partner) to "Write the lyric!" And this is like me just now, so she was saying that it might feel like she is putting too much pressure on now for me to write a new chapter each week or something to discuss on the Wednesday, but I insisted that this is exactly what I need, and that she can be my Dan Carey, which she liked.

So each week we can talk about a new chapter/section, an old chapter, or just speak generally about the project. Next week I might send her this small piece that I wrote about Weggy running around a track in the aftermath of the split with Summer, or perhaps the new classroom scene with Weggy and Kristina that I wrote recently.

The main issue is really just Summer's age and emotional growth, and we got to joking of the difficulties concerned with attempting to convey that Summer has aged emotionally as well as physically, but at the same time still trying to emphasise that she is still childish. These are naturally contradictions, but then I recalled a small part of a scene that I re-wrote, and had sent Jane, and so we discussed this, and eventually I came around to this new idea for the scene to Universitycorn's hut with Summer, which will help with emphasis on her becoming a woman. And with that I realised there was something else I hadn't even discussed at all, and that I can have a brand new scene to explain what hasn't been explained about Summer's new clothes (since she only arrives in Iceland with those on her back), though I don't know what to write for that scene yet, but it should be on her first day out about town with Weggy and Breezyweezy.

Jane also bought up the fact that her publishing group came to a conclusion that Summer came across as a bully! I couldn't really work this out, remembering that the Pig-Out story was considered to be so, but then I remembered that this was actually Weggy's story to Summer. Summer is sarcastic sometimes, and we've already talked about removing much of her content with Sam the sparrow. But it's just good to discuss any possibilities and any way that my characters might be perceived by others.

Jane really loves the Summer character and the project theme as a whole, so it's terrific that it is all back on again Very Happy Every Wednesday 8pm. Don't forget Gregory!

G http://i70.servimg.c R Reading 

P.S. With the publishing group they (or even just Jane, they have a few editors) have 30 plus writers they are dealing with, though strangely only two from Australia. Most are from the UK and the USA.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:33 pm

That all sounds very exciting and well done to getting nearer to publishing it GR Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 768480 you made me smile with skype, the first time I installed it, which was eons ago, I had my friend on the other end of the phone incase I needed to get out of a pickle Very Happy  I nardly ever use it now, maybe we could have a WAA skype party sometime Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 853843 Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 71418 Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 853843 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:26 pm

A WAA Skype party = Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601 Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601 Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601 Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601 http://www.picgifs.c 

Because this really would be one of the best things in life to do! So yes we should most definitely do it. And if we can get the video call going we can all wear onesies and embarrass WS....and then convert him to them!!!

But imagine if there were five of us on there at once....with all of those albino it will be difficult to get a word in Laughing 

But seriously LW, I really would love to have this Skype party, so perhaps later on in the year confused 

GR http://i77.servimg.c 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 am

WHAT A RIDE IT’S BEEN – PART TWO

Just recently we had a famous retirement take place; that of Andreas Kloden. Though even when stepping down off that stage, he still looked most elegant. Even model like. And that wasn’t just because of those red and black Radioshack colours. Oh, and there might have been some white there too.

He put the Grand into Le Bornand.

“It’s so sad to see you retire,” I uttered.

“Why is that? I’m no longer a spring chicken.”

“No, you’re more of an autumn one. And you’ve still got such great legs!”

“Thank-you Beach Boy.” There was an awful lot of smirking going on. “How did you know that I was an autumn chicken?”

“I’ve checked out your profile, been doing background checks; you know, the works. I like Morse, Mulder, and Mars. I’ve always liked investigation. Anyway, now that you’re stopping playing the game, will you be able to take in more of the autumn air around you?”

“Possibly. I’m not sure how much retirement is going to change things.”

“Well I just want to say that I thought it was great what you did in the Alps this year. I mean second on that stage was a wonderful way to cap off your career. Not the ultimate mind you, but having said that, after so many second places, perhaps now is the time for you to become the ultimate winner? After all, there are even greater prizes than the yellow jersey.”

“Yeah, there has to be more to life than riding a bike,” he chuckled.

“Don’t worry, there most definitely is,” I assured.

“I can always watch it instead,” he pondered.

“No! Watching cycling can be a grand waste of time,” I said half-jokingly.

“Even though I’m retiring, can I still tookah from you too?” he wondered.

“Maybe. You’d have to try to possibly fly. To not be so cool as to hold back.”

“Not everything is so black & white.”

“Yeah, I’d say it was more black and red.”

There might not be any more general classification, but why not move onto another GC?

He eased away. There was a spring in his stride. He looked, dare I say it, graceful.

Watch this space.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:17 am

BIRDS

From far and wide they flocked. They flocked to this water fountain. It was….interesting. It looked worthwhile at least. So that’s why they approached. That’s why so many feathered fancy’s took their chances at this water. Or not really chances; most didn’t give themselves much of a chance. From a brief glimpse it was usually clear that their coin wouldn’t be found here.

For most there luck was out. And most didn’t stay for long.

It had taken a long time for this water fountain to be created. It had taken a long time for it to be sculpted. It was really only in the past two years that it had taken shape, and truly shown its identity. It had become so beautiful during this phase, that it was a kind of curse. It seemed that no bird could drink there for long, and be totally carefree.

None except for the blue crane.

She came and she conquered. That’s what they say historically. She made this quaint little place on Earth hers. Most of the other birds didn’t really know her; in fact to some she was almost like some sort of mythical figure. A ghost bird. But even those who never saw her knew full well when she had drunk from these waters; for the colour of it became the most brilliant of blues. Corundum. Confident, cookie cool corundum.

Only the rest saw it as algae. To them the fountain was now tainted. They could only poison themselves by attempting to drink from it.

Nevertheless, isn’t the answer in the attempt?

It must be.

For the magic is in this space, between meaningful communication.

And so it was that along came a mysterious bird. She approached from rather out of left field. There wasn’t even a batter up when she did so. But she called for one to come out.

And play.

So deciding to be upfront, she asked the fountain if he wanted his windows washed.

“Oh no, I am not looking to have my windows washed at the moment.”

She went ahead and washed them anyway. She had to really stick her neck out to do that. She must have had a long one.

“Are you an ignorer of warning signs?” he queried.

Obviously so, for she began to drink from his waters. And they weren’t just sips. These were big large gulps.

“You can’t do that! You can’t tookah from me!”

The bird looked at him and smiled.

“Why are you doing this?” the fountain asked.

“I can see that you have a better outlook on life,” she uttered matter of factly.

“Better than?”

“Better than most. You are interesting. Entertaining, quirky and sincere. You sprout so much.”

Goodness, Gracious, & Me.

“Well I am a water fountain. It’s what I do.”

“I’ve got a nickname for you,” she whispered. “Water Fjords. You like?”

“Absolutely!” he beamed.

“But what is your name?” the bird asked in a pleasant and polite manner. “I mean your real one?”

“It’s Growlerson!” he roared with joy. “I’m a new type of cat empire.”

“I like the sound of both of them.”

He could not agree, but their points of differences were to him, charming. It’s what you are like. It’s how you say it. That’s what it’s all about.

Besides, differences in interests can make life more interesting.

“I personally value emotional intelligence much higher than mental.”

“Thank-you for giving me credit there,” he smiled.

“But I didn’t specifically do that!!” she exclaimed. “Sorry, I can overuse exclamation marks. And Oxford commas. They’re serial.”

“Don’t you mean Oxford coma’s? From serial killers? Or at least attempted.”

“I beg your pardon?”

“There are a lot of murders in Oxford. At least Inspector Morse, Lewis, and Endeavour have told me so. Nevertheless, the folk that hang around these parts tend to be most prim and proper, so any comparison of yourself to them language wise would be, I think I’m right in saying, most flattering.”

“It is comma you idiot!” she declared with a grin. “And Vampire Weekend even sang a song about it.”

“I don’t care much for vampires.”

“I know. You think that the world is being overrun by the valentino kind.”

They both smiled. Big, beefy smiles. Unlike his form of transport.

“I like that you aren’t afraid of the punctuation police,” he smiled. “And.”

“And what?”

“Nothing. Just and.”

There was further smiling.

“What happened before?” she inquired.

“Sunrise? Sunset? Or Midnight?”

“Me. What happened before me? Because you were fragile. I can see that you have been.”

“It doesn’t matter. I am feeling stronger by the day. Just call me the Canterbury Windows Stoneking,” he joked.

“I’m not quite sure that I follow,” she acknowledged.

“Well, maybe you’d need to throw rocks to break my glass now!” He smiled. He felt kind of chuffed. Really he did. He puffed out his chest. So okay then, it might be difficult to determine the chest of a water fountain, but trust me, he puffed it out. Maybe he wanted to be a bird too? Perhaps a puffin? And this mysterious bird was on the same winglength. She really did understand, for she was getting stronger too. And her fight was a much tougher one. Oh yes indeedy.

“Rocks can shatter glass!” she agreed wholeheartedly. “Especially if they’re combined with opera, Mister!”

“But then they let the ghosts out, and they can go to town!”

He had won back his brownie points. It was like they were dancing. To old school jazz. He has never particularly liked jazz.

But he exists to be influenced.

They were horsing around. You could feel a draft. It was warm rather than cold. A wind of change?

It did not appear as if this encounter was going to be brief. And she had already drunk in so much, algae or not. They both agreed that the glass was half full.

There wasn’t a fence up. And he didn’t feel scared at all. But more impressively neither did she.

She gazed at him, and took another sip.

Maybe Pelly can?
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:57 am

cheers  I am behind again with this thread Suspect  so will catch up later today GR

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:18 pm

BIRDS - PART TWO

She came a little closer to him still. She even took off her glasses. That didn't appear to figure into the equation though, but it was a sign. A sign that she could see him more clearly now. In actual fact she could now look inside of him. That was made possible by the fact that he was now looking at her. Looking at her with interest. Hence she could look inside those eyes and see the make-up of his soul.

To he it's the words that are most important. To her it's the visual, and I'm not talking in the vane sense. It's how her beautiful brain makes sense of it all.

Pelly went silent. She could dance - even on the tennis court - but maybe he couldn't.

"You aren't going to speak to me anymore are you," the fountain stated more rather than questioned. He wasn't angry. He wasn't even upset. He felt happy enough, but he felt....ghostly. So he totally understood.

"But whatever do you mean?" she said innocently. "Aren't we having a pleasant evening?"

"Yeah, and I'm glad we did this. But something isn't right. You are a very sweet person; a loveable person. I can really see that. So surely I am still capable of loving. But if I'm not capable of hurting then I'm just not playing by the same rules as the other. If I was to get to be with you tonight - and if you'd let me then I surely would be - then I would love that, it would be totally lovely, it would certainly mean more than just Censored , and then we could actually try for so much more; but well, if you stopped seeing me, stopped talking to me, then in a week's time you just wouldn't matter much at all. It would be water off a ducks back so to speak. But maybe it wouldn't be like that for you. I just can't be influenced now like I used to be. At least not as far as strong long term influence goes."

"That's okay," the bird whispered. Pelly really was lovely.

"I'm sorry. I'm rambling as much as I did earlier about TSP. And I don't know what I was thinking getting that sticky date pudding! I've really snookered myself like Kernel Jessep haven't I?!"

"I still like what you are like," she said kindly. "No matter what."

"Thanks Pelly. But just one more favour from you please. Could you tell me what you saw?"

"What I saw?"

"When you looked inside of me."

She lowered her eyes. "I saw nothing."

"Exactly! I knew it. There was no treasure there at all."

"No that's not true at all," she confessed.

"Well why did you say that you saw nothing?"

"I'm a woman; we pretend like that sometimes, I don't know. What am I meant to say? That I saw corundum of the strongest kind in all directions. Well almost all. That there was the bluest of skies above the bluest of oceans, and that there was the bluest of cranes to boot. Only I knew that I couldn't boot it, unfortunately," she joked beautifully gently. "It fills up everything. There isn't room for anything else. Not really."

"But you said almost all. And almost can be a very important word."

"Oh that. I saw pink too. It wasn't hogging your world anywhere near as much, but nevertheless it's markings were clear."

"Fighting the good fight," the fountain whispered. Was there anything else? Any Autumn leaves?"

"I can't say that I saw any," Pelly said. "It might have been just the air. It's hard to tell, as the blue was really so overwhelming."

"Which makes it hard for anything else to make a mark," the fountain spoke while nodding.

There was a pause. "Thanks for all of this anyhoo, Pelly," he began. "You've been a positive influence regardless of what happens from here on in. For I have a strong storyline idea for TSP now."

"So I am going to be in your book?!"

"No. That idea is still about her. But I also like what you said about polar bears being an introduced species as the explanation for their existence in futuristic Iceland, so I might run with that. Regardless I will run with smiles, thanks to my past positive influences."
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:57 am

RUNNING REPAIRS

"Toe the line, Mister!" came a voice.

"But why on Earth why? It's not something pointless is it?"

"I am inspiring you," she answered. "And no, it is not!"

"But it's raining," he responded meekly.

"So? Your dogs can't go out in this, and that means that this is most definitely the time for you to get your running shoes on. The saying is that when it rains it pours, not when it rains it paws."

"That's only funny with the visual," he joked further.

"See, already seeing things from my perspective," she announced. "Now step forward, but whatever you do don't jump the gun. You know, like you did this morning."

"Yeah I did a little," he confessed. "I just don't know."

"Don't know what?"

"Don't know when I will be dateable again. I will have my doubts about my dateability until a worthwhile woman shows me otherwise. But I'm in no rush. It will happen when it is meant to."

"When?"

"Yeah, it's going to happen again. I'm pretty damn sure of that. And boy oh boy is someone going to be lucky when that happens. Cause I'm totally prime real estate."

They both smiled.

"Ready, set, go!"

And he was off.

Yes it was raining. But it's better when it rains sometimes. And as he huffed and he puffed he felt alive. He felt happy. He got that running high, though of course it was assisted by the Angels & Airwaves from his Ipod too. And he thought of what she had said. Of how earlier this week she had questioned him about why he didn't still go running at all. Because he can. And because it can bring about such a natural high. And really, a part of his decision to make this jogging journey was bought about because she - currently at least - couldn't. So he decided to appreciate the fact that he could.

And as he ran and felt his legs roll over - and still have that old bounce somehow - and those arms circle forward, he felt like a train.

And just maybe, a new one.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 am

Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 768480  Caught up with 4 different episodes now. Although I must confess I maybe confused confused  good reference to Morse, Lewis and Endeavour Laughing 

Good to see you are writing, I am assuming these are all short stories?

Mrs Kipia
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:41 pm

"Although I must confess I maybe confused" - possibly same here Laughing 

But I enjoyed this recent writing, or relatively recent. The first of these four stories had the basis for it born some weeks ago. And yeah, they are all just short stories; they aren't going to be a part of The Seriousness Police Razz 

This Wednesday was my final mentoring session with the publisher for a while, as she takes a break from this over the holidays. We will recommence in late January. As I was saying to her, it works out well for me, as I am just so snowed under with work that I don't think I can even work on the book until my xmas holidays, and by which time it will be a case of doing MAJOR catch up. I have a lot of organisation to do, and that I want to do before I necessarily need further discussion on the whole thing. More and more though I am getting a better grounding for where it is all heading; the storylines now appear to be set in stone to some degree, and I am very excited about it all. It's going to be a fair bit different to the original version, but also still kinda the same. Plus recently I also have gotten some better framework for my leopard tale, though of course no time to actually do anything proper on it! Oh well; I have my timeline really laid out for that now, so I basically know that stories conclusion, whereas in the past I didn't really know what I was going to do for the ending, or at least I hadn't thought much about it. I plan to throw the 'wangaratta' element of TSP into the leopard tale, that's for sure.

There also could even be a part two of the leopard tale one day, but that all would depend on what happens in my life; it would have to be something huge to make it worthwhile enough to carry on with that tale.

Hmmm...too much rambling...again! Off to work soon for a Saturday catch up.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:38 am

ROFL  G Giraffe  Giraffe  http://i77.servimg.c  R P Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 3525291757  et al.  They always say there is a thin line between genius and insanity Razz 

That's great news that the mentoring sessions are going so well and also probably good to take a break for a few weeks, gives you time to regroup and relax for a bit.

I think you should go with the flow regarding a part 2 of the leopard tale, see what happens and the lie of the land (or your life Laughing )

It's good that work is busy for you on the one hand but not when you've got other plans afoot!

I hope Saturday was okay, as it's evening for you now Very Happy 

Mrs Kipia E http://i77.servimg.c  et al
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:55 am

If I am loved hippo heapsy enough again then there certainly could be a second leopard book!!

That could be epic! Razz 

I walk that thin line Lai; occasionally falling through the cracks Laughing 

Yeah, not really in the mood for book work just now; in fact this has arguably been the laziest weekend ever! But I've still had my joyous moments http://www.picgifs.c 

And I might have other plans afoot too, as thinking of travelling in January due to having to take extra time off work.

Destination could be anywhere!

Saturday was okay with work. Still well behind, but at least got some things done.

GR Giraffe tongue (an old signature, but a goodie) 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:21 am

Don't we all G Giraffe  Giraffe  tongue  R Laughing 

Sometimes you've just got to chill and take time out Sleeping 

Mrs Kipia S http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:17 am

TRUE COLOURS

Some say that God created the world in one week, but to The Boy, there couldn't possibly have been a bigger one.

Than the one he'd just lived.

Perhaps he never really had experienced life as a teenager, for many say that your teenage years are the best years of your life. Well if that really is so, then perhaps he is re-living those years now. The Boy - though a man - really is a boy indeedy.

He does know one thing. Life cannot possibly be any more meaningful than this, at least not without he and his loved one creating their own offspring. He will put an asterix against that, because he just doesn't know that feeling, and as always he tries to see things from another perspective; to be open to all possibilities.

After he strode out with the pooches for the days second walk he decided to take a slightly different route. Still local - still home - but different streets. And he realised that wherever he goes, some thingys will always be there in his world.

For they arrived at another German Shepherd, and it was enthusiastic to see them. Abso Censored lutely! The Boy was reminded that wherever he may roam there will be a German Shepherd by his side.

Because they are both barking mad for each other.

Another block was wider, and it was public. Yes, it was another playground. Wherever The Boy may roam, in whatever age, there will be playgrounds in his world.

He approached it, and sat and swung on a swing minimally - a little hard to do big swings whilst holding the dog leads, as well as without having your loved one there to give you a hippo hugey shove - for a couple of minutes. He giggled so sweet, whilst taking in the other equipment (not sports mind you) that stood in his midst. There were numerous colours. As is common there was a little green, and of course some blue, but predominantly this playground was brown. Not the most stereotypical beautiful of colours, but beautiful to her. Beautiful to The Girl. The Girl who loves The Boy for all of his true colours.

As they continued their peaceful stroll Bella and Leo continued to smile, and the latter would typically bark with bravado at any creature. Heck, if Leo lived long enough ago, in an entirely different age, then I could see him not taking a backward step even for a T-Rex! But ages matter not. It's character that's important.

If you throw an n into one of those aforementioned words then you can find even more proof about life's ultimate truth.

That it is what beats in your chest, and who it beats for, that really matters.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Very profound P  Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 3525291757  and possibly one to read twice to understand the inner meaning.

Mrs Kipia E  http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:28 pm

It's been a dream Summer for me thus far Lai, and it's less than two weeks old  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

WOW 

I believe that one day I will write a part two of the leopard book too  http://i70.servimg.c 

G  Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601 R Giraffe tongue 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:27 am

http://www.picgifs.c   Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601  - all the smiley's are off just now so a big yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for Summer GR

Lai

ps I am sure you will indeedy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 pm

The Seriousness Police - Sneak Peek (or Peak, both work, nice double meaning)

Yea was wine country, and whilst Summer didn’t care for alcohol, she did love all the greenery as far as the scenery goes in the fields that came with it. For Summer was a vegetarian.

Public transport travel took up a significant percentage of her daily life. Buses would take her to school, and when she wanted to go elsewhere, often she would take the train/tramline. To get to her stop it was just a five minute walk downhill; past the house and garden shop, the magic lounge (though Summer couldn’t for the life of her work out what was magic about it), the shoe cobbler (which came in very handy for her extracurricular activities) and so forth. The line that she often caught was the Birdsang. Yes, that’s what it was really called. But it was perfectly apt and all, for whenever Summer was feeling a little blue, she could just be taken away from her city for a little while by the singing birds, and her life’s song would sound all the more sweeter once more.

Because music is the best way to express life, as we all know.

Heading out in the opposite direction was a different story. Some people may not know this, but the backdrop to Summer’s home district is actually a very hilly one. So moving away from the train line, Summer often liked to head onwards and upwards, in hiking mode.

Mountaineering in the bush was fun. So okay then, it would have been even better if she’d had a ‘bestie’ to walk with her, but she didn’t really have one, and certainly not a friend who wanted to hike. But alone time was good too, and we all need that sometimes. And Summer loved to trek on this trail.

The area that Summer would venture to was full of autumn leaves on the ground – at least when they weren’t on the trees – and Christmas trees surrounding her, plus little birds flapping about all around. She liked to take her treasured camera – given to her as a generous Christmas present from her family – to these parts and snap away, though even with increasing expertise it was most difficult to ever capture the tiny birds, for she could never get them to stop motion. It was rare for them to ever stay still for more than five seconds, and so by the time Summer had zoomed in, they were gone.

The birds weren’t great for photographing, but they were positive for the landscape in general. The constant movement of colour and cheerful chirping gave the feeling of a happy aliveness.

Summer gave her hill the callname of the leader berg. She got sick of being asked of just why she often went there, so she began to answer with, “I’m just playing follow the leader.” It was even more apt really, for in many areas of life Summer led the way. Oh yes indeedy.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 2224760601  You're awake P  Forum Fiction - Merry Xmas! - Page 10 3525291757 G  http://i77.servimg.c  R  http://i77.servimg.c S http://i77.servimg.c   http://i70.servimg.c 

I am glad Summer is still in your thoughts.

Mrs Kipia E  http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks Mrs Kipia  Hugs 

I am actually glad that she still is too  I love you 

http://i77.servimg.c R

flower  flower  flower  flower 

gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:11 pm

What Would I Do?

What would I do without my warming woos?
Without their caring companionship which seems to have no bounds?
Without their constant love and play which makes my day?

The way that they always greet me when I arrive home
Gives me the constant reminder that I am never truly alone
The way that they smile when they are all happy and content
Let’s me know that I am doing something right, that’s their message sent

I cannot love them the most, some thingys are just impossible due to perfection
But I know that these fabulous furries are the ones that fill up my podium
Maybe I don’t love them enough, though I try to give more than the bare minimum
One thing is for certain, they give me their absolute maximum

The way that Bella attacks my face with kisses in the evening
May look disgusting to some, but really it’s loving and pleasing
The way that Leo settles down, and nuzzles into nap
Would have lovers of human-canine relationships exploding into claps

What would I do without my warming woos?
Without their play fights and antics that make me laugh?
Without their meaningful distractions from the worries in my world?
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:37 am

http://i73.servimg.c  GR - your love for your two pooches shines through.

Mrs Kipia

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next