Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urban Foxes

3 posters

Go down

Urban Foxes Empty Urban Foxes

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Here is another story of an urban Fox apparently entering a house and biting off a babys finger. Whether that is true or false I don't know. What I do know is it will now spark a huge debate about uban foxes. Boris Johnson is all for a cull on urban foxes whereas Chris Packham says that wont stop urban foxes, we need to stop putting rubbish on the street and into street bins. I do believe if the streets were cleaner they would not venture so far into suburbia, however we are also taking more land so the fox is running out of space.
This is the same as big cat stories where humans are killed by predatory cats, however, although some of those cats do end up being killed there is never a cry to kill all Tigers, Leopards, Lions etc so why after a few very rare incidents should there be a mass cull on foxes.
Of course I understand how distressing this incident and others that have been reported must be but I don't think a mass cull on urban foxes is the answer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276187/Fox-attack-Neighbours-hysterical-screams-animal-bit-week-old-babys-finger-slept.html#axzz2KLWS5HPZ

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Urban Foxes Empty Re: Urban Foxes

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:41 pm

I've seen this on the news this morning, and it is true. The urban Fox exists because as you say LW of all the food thats so easy to find for them, its exactly the same for the Rat population, and they carry much more threat than Foxs, through diseases, and infections. There are also many people who love the urban Fox, and feed them, and incourage them into their gardens. Attacks are extremely rare, and if you know there are Foxs in your vicinity the take precautions, it could have been a Cat or a Dog that could have sneaked into the bedroom, and caused injury to the baby. So dont blame the Fox blame the society we have created, and live in
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:26 pm

I so agree with your last sentence WS, we are to blame and not the Fox. I know I am a fox lover 100% but I think again people will be quick to damn the fox and that is not fair on the foxes as these attacks are very few and far between. I think it's another case of humans wanting to blame the animal for everything instead of taking some ownership for what we may have caused.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 am

Urban Foxes 615959 I posted on this thread yesterday but can't see it today scratch We are 100% to blame!!!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down