Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Foxes

4 posters

Go down

Training Foxes Empty Training Foxes

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Whether you agree with feeding foxes or not, this is quite something that this lady has trained the foxes she feeds to sit. I worry they may not hunt their own food but as they have cubs at least you know they are all being fed and it does give this lady enormous enjoyment in looking after them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Red_Fox#p00tv4zd

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Training Foxes Empty Re: Training Foxes

Post  whitestarling Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 pm

LW I'm sure I've seen this clip before. Either on the two Fox programes on this year,, or Spring, or Autumnwatch. Like you I'm not sure, I think the Fox's must also be getting food from elsewhere. Wether by hunting I do'nt know, but I hope so.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:39 pm

What an amazing clip, I wonder how on earth she taught them. I do hope the foxes don't get abused by other people realising that they are so obliging.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 pm

WOW that is a amazing but also slightly disturbing as they are wild animals but to contradict that again the woman is nowhere near the foxes so there is not really human interaction with them as such !! Confusing I know !! scratch

What I do think it does show is how intelligent the Fox are and also how similar they are to Scottie
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 pm

I think I have seen it before as well WS but I thought it was worth posting incase it may not have been the one shown on the Fox programme.

I know what you mean about human interaction Doogs, you wouldn't really want the foxes to become tame so they loose their natural wild survival instincts but this lady just seems to throw them food from her window. It does show how dog like they are and hopefully it will credit them with intelligence which I am sure many people do not believe they have.

My concern Lai was that people may feed them poisoned food if they don't like them being in the area. Not everyone is a lover of foxes (which I find hard to understand as I really love them) so like you I hope they do not become abused by people.

Foxes have had so much bad press but after the Urban Fox week I hope that clips like this that demonstrate how intelligent they can be may change a few peoples minds about them

littlewid-x- Fox
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down