Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the prodigal member :)

4 posters

Go down

Return of the prodigal member :) Empty Return of the prodigal member :)

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm back :)

I'm sorry I've been away for so long but I have a good reason really.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned before on here but about 11yrs ago I suffered from Lupus brought on mainly by an allergic reaction to antibiotics and also not helped that I was working hard and not really resting. Well recently in work due to 'restructuring' we've ended up with half the people and double the work. This led me to working a bit harder than I shouldve done and starting to develop what seems to me felt like lupus like symptoms. So I was a sensible girl and went to the docs and promptly got told off and signed off work for the rest of september and told I could only go back to work in october if the doctor thought I was better as she thought that I may have been having a relapse and didnt want me to be as bad as I was last time

So I've spent the last few weeks at home trying to de stress and getting better, I went back to work last tuesday and although I'm not 100% I do feel  a lot better and what is good is that my team leader said that if I want to I can spend a few days a week working from home.

Anyway I have missed you all and I'm sorry I went away for so long

Bad news since I've been here is that I didnt get the Commonwealth Games volunteer job but good news is that I did get tickets to the final session of the Rugby 7s so my dad and I are having a daddy/daughter trip. I've also decided to do 'Go Sober for October' which means I am giving up drinking alcohol for October to raise money for MacMillan Cancer Care
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Return of the prodigal member :) Empty Re: Return of the prodigal member :)

Post  littlewid Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 pm

HI PPH

Its good to have you back, we have missed you. Sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell. I remember you saying about having drug induced Lupus when I mentioned about mine, its a nasty thing isnt it. Have you just been resting or have you had to go back on medication? Hopefully it was just rest that you needed. It's really good that your employers are being very understanding and are looking after you, thats needed in the work place. So you look after yourself and take it easy.

Sorry to hear you didnt get a volunteer place but tickets for the Rugby 7s sounds brilliant, you and your dad will have a wonderful time and well done on doing the october stop drinking, its a great cause, I hope you raise lots of money cheers 

Glad your back Very Happy 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi PPH
Sorry to hear you've not been well, work stress is not a nice thing, and manifests itself in different ways in different people. I know I've had a few high stress jobs in sales over the years, pressure pressure pressure. Hopefully your feeling better now, and its good that work are trying to help, its good to know they at least understand your problem.
Shame about the Commonwealth Games, but at least you tried, and its great you have the Rugby 7s tickets, hope you, and your Dad have a great time.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Just rest for now LW as the doc thinks that as it just the overwork thats bringing on the symptoms and they want to keep an eye on me to make sure and if the rest doesnt help then theyll discuss medication. I'm hoping that by recognising the symptoms early I've done enough by resting to stop it coming back.

We'll just have to see how the next couple of weeks go. Last week was hard as I am finding I tire easier than I used to but I have more energy than I did before I was signed off work.
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Great to have you back PPH and sorry to hear of both your health woes and also not getting the volunteer job at the Games, most disappointing Crying or Very sad If there's anyone who knows how you feel with regards to lupus it's LW, she is the one that would understand fully what you are going through.

Your dad / daughter bonding day at the Rugby 7's will be great, I'm lucky I get to do it most weekends with my dad when we go to the football.

You look after yourself and take it easy, don't run before you can walk !!! Wink

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Lets hope rest is all you need PPH as the meds can be pretty rough to cope with. I presume if they do need to start anything they will put you on Hydroxychloroquine as that helps to combat the fatigue but if they do, make sure your gp prescribes Hydroxychloroquine made by sanofi it may be written up as Plaquenil but that is the branded version, quinorec is the cheap generic version and is hardly ever tolerated, so be careful what you get if you need anything but fingers crossed the rest is enough. Please be aware that although it was Lupus like symptoms and not a full blown attack it will still take time to recover properly without knocking yourself backwards, so if you need to work from home or only work part time to start with, then do it, dont rush things, you will still be in a delicate way and it wont take much to knock you backwards, so please take care and if you want or need to ask anything then please feel free to message me, sadly I have loads of experience with Lupus, so im here if you need anything.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks for the advice LW

I have an appointment with the doc next friday (18th) to see how I am getting on being back at work. I've been finding it not too bad in work, although I have noticed my mid afternoon slump has been a bit worse than normal so i'm just making sure I don't overdue it too much.

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Sensible not to overdo things PPH, take it slowly and look after yourself and let us know how you get on at the drs.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down