Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet the newest member of the family!

3 posters

Go down

Meet the newest member of the family! Empty Meet the newest member of the family!

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Meet the newest member of the family! 46910

TT and I adopted ourselve an early anniversary present. Meet little Mee Chok.

This is his story from Boon Lotts Elephant Sanctuary:

Mee Chok (Blessed) was just twenty months old when BLES successfully rescued him. Previously known as Pheung Yai (Bumble Bee), this baby elephant had known nothing but the inside of the filthy shack he was chained and shackled in. He was snatched away from his birth mother when he was just a few months old, so that the owners could start breaking him in. He was put with another adult female who showed no interest in him and he was never allowed out of the broken down stable. Chained, shackled, and highly distressed, Mee Chok had wounds on his face and ears, was dehydrated, and thin. He was lashing out all over the place, angry and confused by being confined and restricted.

Katherine shared the plight of ‘Pheung Yai’ on Facebook and hundreds of people instantly took the baby elephant into their hearts. Photos and messages were sent around the world and donations flooded in for his rescue.

A large contribution was generously made by The Elephant’s Umbrella Fund, and in just two weeks, the total funds needed to save ‘Pheung Yai’ were successfully raised!

This little elephant is now embarking on a new life, in a new home, with a new family — it is a brand new start for him. So, it was only right he should be awarded a new name. Pheung Yai was christened (Plai) Mee Chok which means ‘Blessed’ upon his arrival at BLES. This was an obvious name choice for Katherine and Anon. They were inspired by the hundreds of people who came together and played a part in this rescue. Blessed to have your friendships, blessed to have your support, and blessed to have the elephants.

Mee Chok was instantly adopted by Pang Tong and Lom and the three of them are never more than touching distance apart. The transformation in Mee Chok has been incredible. In less than 24 hours, that frightened and aggressive baby was gone. Comfortable with human touch and surrounded by loving elephants, Mee Chok has proved to us all what it means to be truly blessed.

They are urgently trying to rescue a disabled elephant from being sold for forced breeding so if you are interested in helping you can donate on their website:

http://www.blesele.org

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Meet the newest member of the family! Empty Re: Meet the newest member of the family!

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:07 pm

SM he is ADORABLE, what a lucky, lucky little elephant he is, from his dreadful start to the new family he now has and in the safe hands of all at Boon Lott. What an incredible Anniversary present, well done to you and TT Meet the newest member of the family! 853843 I will definiately give a little something to their rescue programme. This is an amazing organisation and they so need the help and support. OOOOO I love little Mee Chock I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meet the newest member of the family! Empty Re: Meet the newest member of the family!

Post  Laikipia Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:39 pm

That's wondferul SM - i follow BLES on FB and have been reading about the poor disabled ele. Honestly it is so sad, but lovely that you have a new addition to the family. Mee Chok looks so sweet and how great to be free and cared for now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:59 am

Couldn't bear the thought of that poor disabled ele being used for breeding so have sent a donation this morning. It just never ends all this hardship and abuse of these lovely animals.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks for sending the donation Lai. This rescue is a race against time to stop her being sold to the breeder. I have everything crossed they do it.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:50 am

So do I SM - i felt sick when i read the piece on FB from BLES. I am beginning to despair about mankind Evil or Very Mad

But the positive is your little ele is now safe and being cared for so there is always hope - looking forward to your updates on Mee Chok.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down