Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Buzz

4 posters

Go down

Meet Buzz Empty Meet Buzz

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:22 pm

I suppose I can call Buzz British Wildlife, Buzz is a Fly, yes I am talking about a Fly that had a very lucky escape today. I was sitting in my Summer House having a coffee as we had the briefest spell of sunshine amongst all the rain and thunder. My garden had all these puddles in it and I was sitting there thinking......Mmmmm that puddle has something splashing in it, so nosey parker here got up to see what it was.........and it was Buzz on his back in the puddle not being able to right himself and slowly drowning. Now I must admit I am not a lover of Flies as I think of the yucky stuff they spread but that had to be forgotten, this little fly was drowning and how he landed in the puddle I do not know but he had to be got out and pretty smart too.
So luckily a leaf had come off my Red Robbin tree, so I thought to myself, thats ideal for scooping him out with, so Red Robin leaf to the rescue it was, Buzz was scooped up and placed on the dry bit of the garden, trouble is, silly Buzz stayed on his back so he had to be flipped onto his belly. This done, he just stayed there for about 30 seconds and I thought, oh dear, his little lungs must be water logged and thats it, the end of Buzz, then his little back legs rubbed together and he wobbled forward, then after what seemed like an age he slowly opened his wings and wobbled forward again, he was making for a sunny spot, clever Buzz I thought, he knows the sunshine will dry his wings out and warm him up. After a few minutes with me and Nero watching closely I thought , well what next then Buzz and with that, he flapped his wings, took off a few inches and yes flew towards me, normally I would back off from flys but this time I stayed put as I got the feeling he was saying thanks for rescuing him. He landed in front of me and stayed there for about twenty seconds and then he was up and Buzzed off over the fence to live another day.......lets hope for his sake he stays out of puddles.
Heres a not very good picture of Buzz opening his wings for the first time but he is a Fly I will remember.
Meet Buzz Img-2068
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meet Buzz Empty Re: Meet Buzz

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Meet Buzz 40683 Meet Buzz 40683 Brilliant little story LW. Buzz could'nt have got into trouble in a better place. Right in front of a wildlife nut, whos also got medical knowledge, at one stage reading that, I though hey up I know what comeing next the kiss of life, and chest compressions lol! also I bet you did'nt know that when flies go swimming they do the backstoke did you Meet Buzz 40683 Meet Buzz 40683 .
Seriously LW, well done it may hav been only a Fly but a life is a life, and you saved one
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 am

Heaven knows how you do CPR on a Fly WS :What: He was a lucky little Fly and today I am sure he is enjoying the sunshine and as you rightly say, it was still a life and I couldn't have let him drown in there. I am really glad that I saved him and it was great to see him Buzz off over the fence Meet Buzz 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:06 am

cheers A lovely story of a wonderful rescue Littlewid. Buzz is one lucky little fly and I am sure in his fly like way is very grateful to you for saving his life.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Well done LW Meet Buzz 768480 Wont look at a fly the same way again!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down