Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global March for Lions

4 posters

Go down

Global March for Lions Empty Global March for Lions

Post  whitestarling Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:37 pm

On the 15th March 2014, People across the globe are Marching for Lions.
The aim of the march is to raise awareness around the industry of “canned hunting
”.

CANNED HUNTING
is a practice that is legal in South Africa, where lions get bred in captivity, hand reared for use in the cub petting industry, then when these tame lions are big enough, shot in an enclosure often drugged, for an enormous sum of money.

People around the world are calling for the South African government to ban canned hunting.
“Our goals are to have trophy and canned hunting banned; to get lions on the Endangered Species List where they belong, to stop the export of lion bones to China, to stop the import of lion trophies in to USA and EU” – says Christine Jordaan who initiated the idea of this march.

The Core Objectives:

To raise global awareness about the critical plight of South Africa’s lions
Two pronged approach:
Within South Africa: To stop the canned hunting industry

In every other country globally : To  pressurize national governments to stop the importation of lion parts

To Sign the Petiton click the Link Below
See more at: http://www.globalmarch4lions.org/#sthash.kHGZabHM.dpuf

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Global March for Lions Empty Re: Global March for Lions

Post  littlewid Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:06 pm

WS, Chris Mercer speaks very eloquently about Canned Hunting. It is a despicable act and one that only goes to show the weakness of the people shooting the Lions. To shoot a drugged Lion just shows how cowardly and disgusting that person is. It is cruelty in one of its most extreme.
I really hope that the petition and the Marches have an invaluable impact on what is happening. I have signed the petition.
The second video is sickening, to see such a wonderful creature drugged, lying peacefully by a rigged kill to be shot is gut wrenching and to make it more agonising for the lion, he wasn't even killed out right, so many shots fired to kill him, my heart just screamed.

Chris has the right approach to cut off the big part of the canned hunting industry by getting Lions put on the endangered list and cutting out the Americans and to also make it more known that petting Lions only breeds the canned hunting industry and to raise awareness that tourists going to so called sanctuary's is also feeding the industry.

I am sure, that like the person who shot the lion in the video, many of them are just taking pot shots as they are not trained marksmen, I would dearly love to take pot shots of these people and give them a slow and painful death, the saying is, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and do unto others as you would have done to you.

I have much respect for Chris and although I can't March on the 15th, I will be sending up a prayer for all our beautiful Lions and especially those in Canned Hunting Farms. I just wished I could do more as I feel very inadequate at the moment.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks WS. Truly shocking that this is still considered acceptable.

Shared on FB and Twitter. Sadly no march in Manchester.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  radhu Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:46 am

Shocking!!
signed the petition!
i would rather punch the fellow shooting the lion than filming this video!!

shameless , i thought this was banned long back
radhu
radhu

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Thank you for signing the petition Radhu and I believe there are many others who would love to punch the guy and probably do worse than that. Lets hope the Marches today have raised the awareness of canned hunting and eventually it will all be stopped.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down