Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My photos

+2
Laikipia
whitestarling
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My photos  Empty My photos

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 pm

I thought I'd start it off with a couple of Scene shots I tried on my Camera today, after seeing it had different scene settings.
A view from the front of our Cottage
My photos  00310
and another taken just to the left of the one above
My photos  00410

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

My photos  Empty Re: My photos

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Nice scene photos WS and great views across the beautiful countryside in the first one.

So when you say different scene settings do you mess around with White Balance and ISO and do you use Auto focus or manual focus, shutter speed or aperture - you'll have to explain what scene settings are scratch

Lai geek
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm glad you posted those WS. Apart from them being beautiful views, it made me look at my camera. I never realised it has so many setting and I have just discovered what ISO is, for scenes in low light. Generally I have kept my camera on Auto and then just zoomed in or out. I will now have to start playing around with it properly and join in the camera club.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Lai/LW
I found on my Camera, that there is a number of pre-programed settings that you can select in shooting mode. The Camera does'nt have a manual focus, aperture, or speed settings. The ISO, is done automaticaly for the scene your taking.
These are the settings I have, Natural Light, Natural +plus flash, Smile, Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night with Tripod, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text, and Zoom Bracketing.
What I'll try to do is take a shot with each setting, then give a brief explanation, of what that scene setting does
The first two shots were taken on the Landscape setting, and it says this mode is for crisp, clear daylight shots of buildings, and landscapes.
scratch Just thought I should have taken the same shots, just on normal Auto to see what difference there was.
When I worked as a photographer, at Rolls Royce, and for David Baily doing wedding photography ( not THE David Baily My photos  40683 this was a Guy in Stoke on Trent who taught me Wedding Photography, which is an art in its self ) and also Function Photography, everything was done by a light meter. So all this Auto stuff is new to me as well
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:58 am

Good idea to try out all the different settings WS. Yes wedding photography certainly is a different world and not one I would want to get into What a Face I did a double take with the David Bailey Laughing

We'll look forward to photos and info.

I'll get around to some photos this weekend too unless the rain they are predicting is too torrential!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 pm

You have more settings than mine WS but I look forward to all your different photo's from the different settings......will give me an idea of what to do. I wont get much time to practice this weekend but I do have a holiday coming up soon so can get in lots of practice then.....I also need to try and work out the video one and then how to load it on to the forum....may need to ask you about that one WS.

I know this is slightly off track but in the house in London I have found all my dads original developing equipement from when he worked at Kodak. it really is old stuff and there is all the colourings for changing Black and White photo's into colour before colour film was available, it's all the kind of stuff that you would appreciate WS.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Does'nt look good according to the forecast does it Lai, think you might need a big Raining . Thought you might do a double take on David Baily My photos  40683 My two other claims to fame were. I photograped Notran Hartnells Models who wad the Queens Dress designer at the time draped around, and over Rolls Royce's, and Bentley's, It was 1963 I think, and there was a major Flue outbreak Mao, or Asian. The three senior Photograpers were all laid low with it, and I was the only one left to take the photos, the Boss was as sick as My photos  Fat_pi10 My photos  40683 , and I got a photograph of Princess Margaret, with Lord Snowden, and the hem of her coat had come undone, and was hanging down at the back. They were on a tour of the Factory

I used to use stuff like that at home LW, bet thats really interesting to look at. No problem with the Video just let me know when your ready

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:48 pm

It's stuff he used to use for developing at home as well WS, thats why it's all in the house, my Grandparents obviously never got rid of any of it, some of the equipement is rather large, not sure what we are going to do with it as I am sure non of it is ever used now for developing. We have also found some very early cameras and a few first Box Brownies.

littlewid-x-

Last edited by littlewid on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Might be worth having a Google on photographic equipment collectors, I know people do collect this sort of stuff
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Great piccies and I'm glad you've started the camera club,self help group is what we can all benefit from.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:17 am

WS I can't believe you said GOOGLE - I'm sure you meant Easysearch What a Face but a good idea, lots of people collect all sorts of different stuff and it would be a shame for it not to be appreciated Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:42 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed affraid Sorry I spelt Easysearch wrong Gulp
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:47 am

Sorry No Boddys Here! for you today WS

Lai drunken
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks TB, and glad you like the Camera Club as you say everyone will benifit from what others know.
WS

Ps Not speaking to you Lai No
My photos  40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:01 pm

albino albino albino WS - you'll not be able to keep it up for long you know how much you like a good albino

Lai lol!
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:56 pm

I tried some Wave crashing photos to day, using the sports mode, which it says is good for moving objects
This one was out of the windscreen, I did'nt want to get spray over the Camera
My photos  00211
The next two were out of the side window
My photos  00511

My photos  00911
I think they would have looked better if it had been a sunny day, and the sky blue to reflect on the water, but the waether was affraid
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 am

Great shots WS - sometimes sunny days aren't the best for photos although we all think they are. Presumably sports mode is a high shutter speed so it would be fun to take the shot on a couple of different settings to see the difference.

I love the third photo with the little bit of water splashes up above the waves (sorry i can't think how to word it Embarassed ) it looks like you've really caught the mood of the sea.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:29 am

Yes the third one's my favourite to, forgot to try a normal setting, as you say the sport mode will have a higher speed setting as its for moving objects. I also have a High Speed continous, and a Ultra High Speed continous shooting mode. Which is the one I took the Swallows on. in WS's Birds. I might try one those next time.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Those really are lovely shots WS. I really like the first one, I think you could almost hear the sound of the waves at force sending the droplets up into the air.
I don't have a sports mode but I do have one for taking pictures of moving children....well thats what it says, so i wonder if its the same thing. I will have to try it out in the school holidays with Lara & Kian.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm

I probably should, infact I know I should, considering where I am going on holiday but I'm trying not to get involved in all this technical stuff with my camera - I set mine on Simple Mode, point and click - so far the results have been ok !!!! Sorry ! Embarassed Embarassed

Great water shots WS Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 am

My photos  768480 Doogs - if it works then why change it? My photos  853843

Your photos are great - I sometimes wish I didn't mess around so much, I'm probably missing something, but then again, sometimes I just sit and watch instead.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:25 am

Nothing wrong with that Doogs, mines always on Auto, unless I decide to change it for a paticular shot, when I have time to make the change. The advantage of leaving it on Auto is that your ready to take a shot straight, away if anything happens suddenly. It may not be in the best mode, but you've got the shot, and not missed it.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks guys Wink :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:39 am

I tried some different shots yesterday at one of our local Rivers that runs into the Sea, using Auto, and Landscape modes to see the difference
Auto Mode
My photos  001110
Landscape Mode
My photos  00111
Aoto Mode
My photos  00711
Landscape Mode
My photos  007110
Auto Mode
My photos  002110
Landscape Mode
My photos  00212
You can really see the difference
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:47 am

You certainly can WS - there's a huge difference.

So which do you prefer using?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next