Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

+3
whitestarling
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
7 posters

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  littlewid Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 853843 Great to see Charlie and Tom back and reports of mating already, thats so exciting. Looking forward to seeing some more baby Peregrines. Thanks for the videos WS and I loved seeing Charlie making the most of the puddle by having drink Very Happy I will be trying to keep an eye on this cam for sure.

Great to see our fox family again, I haven't been able to check for a few days. Yes it is Brun that likes to sleep on the shed, his Dad Art was our first shed sleeper and he still sleeps up there but little Brun has really taken over but thats Brun in your picture WS.
A little while ago Gill mentioned that she had seen Fleur and Art Kiss chasing, I haven't heard any more on that and she did think they had mated. I hope that is the case, have you heard anything Lai?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:10 am

No I haven't Littlewid, I'll check Gill's Twitter page.

I did see this via Simon King's Twitter page - re Charing Cross hospital,
This makes disturbing reading, for people, and peregrine falcons. Can anyone substantiate this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/charing-cross-hospital-has-hardly-been-saved--and-the-decision-to-cut-its-services-will-have-a-terrible-effect-on-public-health-and-medical-training-8493715.html

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Wow, that is disturbing on both accounts. As a wildlife lover and lover of the Peregrine Falcons I am obviously concerned for the Peregrines that have nested there for years, it will be a huge disturbance for them and could potentially affect their breeding.

Working for the NHS this is something we went through a few years ago, the planning of the closing of our A&E and having to travel miles to one and making our hospital a local hospital rather than the excellent Emergency Hospital it was and losing all our core emergency services. We too had a few years of battles and the huge campaign of the "Save Our Hospital" it was a horrendous time for everyone. Thankfully we remained an Emergency Hospital and then another hospital joined forces with us with us remaining the the lead in Emergency care and an even bigger A&E than we had before and we now excel and lead in many unique treatments. We are also in the final stages of becoming a Foundation Trust where we will have the right of say as to how the Hospital is run and how we spend our money, we will not be governed by the government or another Hospital. It's a huge change in how things have run in the NHS for years and sadly some Foundation Trusts have not really done too well under their own steam but you get a feeling for your on Trust and I reckon we will be exemplary.

I hope the "Save Our Hospitals" truely gets behind Charing Cross. it's a wonderful teaching hospital and has a lot to offer, I am a little stunned it isn't already a Foundation Trust.

In the end whatever happens is out of our control, it's up to the local residents and MP's to fight the cause of the hospital. However if they fail it could be dire for humans as travelling to an A&E miles away can be the difference between life and death (thats one of their strongest fights against it) and it could also mean a lack of breeding and homes for the peregrines. very sad indeed all round.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 pm

This is really sad news on both accounts human, and wildlife. In the case of A&E's its happening all over. Sorry I'm a bit tied up wuth the Pub, but I will try to come back to this next week.
Thanks for the Link Lai
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:11 pm

City Fox new Blog update - New Arrivals & Farewells
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 116
http://www.wildlifewhisperer.tv/whats-new/292/1716
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Great link and update, thanks WS. It's lovely that Gill follows the foxes so closely.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks for that WS. I read it the other day and thought I had posted on it but it must have been a time when the phone rang and I forgot.
I knew I hadn't seen Missy around for a while so that explains things and I posted a pic of Buster with a new little female a little while ago.
Gill has done a great job keeping everyone up to date on the comings and goings and now we are in March we may soon see some little cubs. One thing I am pleased about is that Brun has stayed around to be little helper, I do rather love Brun I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 Mwsnap23
The shed is empty at the moment but it looks like our fox family are going to try and start confusing us. Yesterday it was Lotty & Brun on the shed and two days ago it was Lotty & Buster. I think they are going to start trying to play games with us now Fox

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:16 pm

lol! Keeping us on our toes!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Thanks for checking LW, it's certainly all change. Nice that Bruns still there, I know he's one of your favourites. I think Lotty might have to change her namme to Floosy Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 pm

MMMMMM think I might have to agree with you there WS, she certainly loves the boys I love you maybe this time next year we will be watching Lotty with her cubs......but who will be the daddy!!!!

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:02 pm

I think this is Tom the Triercel ( Male ) Peregrine difficult to tell when they are not both together, and you cant see whether there are rings on the legs. He has been sitting on the parapet for ages with a kill, and just keeps looking around, he's not eating, so I think its a gift for Charlie his mate to cement their relationship
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 Ww11

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks WS. Lots of updates on Tom and Charlie via Twitter as well, looks like they are doing well.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 am

From Twitter this Morning
They mated twice on the ledge, including quite early morning where Charlie had been roosting flic, and its snowing there at the moment Snowing
Its also snowing at the Foxs place, a quick 20sec clip of one cold Fox this morning

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:42 pm

You're Tweeting now WS cheers

Thanks for the updates and clip.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for the update on Charlie and Tom WS cheers

I think that clip of the fox may be Brun, Missy used to love sleeping there but she has not been such a regular lately and it does look like Brun but it's not his usual spot either.

GOOD NEWS though, it says that Lotty has had cubs, it was posted on Twitter about 9pm yesterday......little cubs Fox http://i70.servimg.c lets hope its not too cold for them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:55 am

http://i73.servimg.c that's wonderful news. Fingers crossed for them.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:42 am

WOW Great news LW thanks just checked, and they think she's under the other garden shed not the usual one. Charlie & Toms first egg is due anytime now SK is guessing tomorrow
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Oh My lets hope it is tomorrow, thats so exciting. I need to keep a closer eye on Charlie and Tom.

Just checked the Fox cam, well I have for a little while now but no sign of our family of foxes, if they have any sense they are staying warm and hopefully the little fox cubs are all safe and warm too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 am

Charlie has laid her first egg of 2013 today, the guessing game now is how many will she lay
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 Cxh10

No sightings of the Fox Cubs yet. So we have baby Foxs, and Perergines to look forward to

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Saw that on Twitter this morning and didn't post it Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 615959 What a Face Embarassed affraid so thanks WS for being on the ball

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Errrr thats not a ball Lai, it's an Egg confused
WS Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 am

http://i73.servimg.c ROFL WS - you're a s http://i77.servimg.c and I keep walking into these ...... Laughing

Lai

ps no change just now Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 Mwsnap20

The muck on the lens is peregrine sn*t! Charlie sneezed the other day! Egg clearly visible though

Perfectly normal for first peregrine eggs to remain unattended. Incubation won't start until 3rd or last egg laid
from Simon King Twitter

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Still only one egg. I did know that about incubation only begining after the last egg is laid, Phoebe Humming Bird is the same. I suppose it must apply to most Birds
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 am

Two eggs now via SK Twitter yesterday cheers
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 21 Mwsnap21

Lai

ps also good to follow https://twitter.com/FaBPeregrines on Twitter for news and updates and photos.
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next