Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes

+2
Laikipia
Anne-Marie1981
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 Empty Re: By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Oh the geese are funny. They wouldn't let me in and out of the car park on Friday!!! lol! Both video clips so click to view Very Happy

On my way in
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 Th_18thJune2010002

On my way out
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 Th_18thJune2010049

Can I just say I don't normally drive while holding a camera making a video clip! It was just so funny I had to capture it. Poor little hop a long though Sad he does seem to be moving a bit better in this clip.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 Empty Re: By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Saw them again on Saturday. I wasn't able to count though. I was in a bit of a rush as I was put on taxi duty for the evening. lol!

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 19thJune2010010

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 19thJune2010009
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Wow there are a lot of geese/goslings, they are lovely to see. The video clips are great, obviously they are so used to cars they aren't worried at all Very Happy

Thanks for sharing Anne-Marie

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Your exit video made me smile Anne-Marie, the Goose sitting down so you couldn't get out, so funny. Lovely clips and pics again, there are alot of them arent there, so wonderful to see.....please keep the updates coming....just love them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:29 pm

They were near the road again today, but didn't seem to want to cut off my exit route! lol! I really can't count them now, you also can't tell the difference between adult and baby

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 21stJune2010017

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 21stJune2010018
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:41 pm

The have grown haven't they Anne-Marie, it is hard to tell the difference, the parents have done a wonderful job with them all......maybe they didn't block your exit because they know you will be back.....wonder if they see you as one of the family now Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sambuka Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Lots of nice pictures again. The video was funny with them stopping you from leaving. I really like the second picture of today. sambuka
sambuka
sambuka

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Great pics again AM, and they have suddenly shot up havent they. Do you know just for a moment I got the impression that the ones lookin up are saying There goes that Mad Woman Driver again lol!
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Oh WS!! lol! mad woman driver, tut! Doesn't everyone drive along filming a flock of geese?? Embarassed Embarassed
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:19 pm

Managed to do a head count at last. All present and correct.

While I was taking piccies of the swans who should appear
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 23rdJune2010018

They had been startled and were heading down to the part of the lake where the swans were feeding. I tried to get them all in one shot but the sun was just to bright.

Next thing I know, a pheasant runs past in front of them
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 23rdJune2010016

Finally they headed back the way they came from and got on the water
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 23rdJune2010033

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 23rdJune2010034
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Glad they are all present and correct Anne-Marie, that a brilliant picture of them all crossing the road.
Mmmmmm trust old pheasie to get in the way and scare them, mind you they were larger in numbers so maybe he was the one who was scared Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Only two families to start with:

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 24thJune2010012

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 24thJune2010013

Then along came the 3rd family. Slightly delayed
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 24thJune2010015

This is hopalong
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 24thJune2010016

And you can see how high out of the water his leg is, compared to the other gosling
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 24thJune2010022

Who you looking at??
By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 24thJune2010023
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Gorgeous photos - they have such wonderful faces Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:09 pm

That leg is wonky AM!

At that age they also have a little mohican of baby down on their heads. So cute.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Aren't they cute cheers and their little mohican's are adorable! I think their faces have so much character.

As mentioned in the Tiggywinkles thread, I emailed Rockingham Forest Trust and I have just had a reply from a ranger

Hello Anne-Marie

In answer to your first question we do have a link to a animal hospital based in Little Irchester. The staff at the hospital are very good and are usually on site within an hour of us notifying them.

The Goose (Grey Leg) in question has been highlighted to us by other members of the public. We have investigated it however it is still quick enough to avoid capture by ourselves. The bird is still swimming and feeding OK, it seems to only have an issue on land. Whilst the goose is still with its family we try our best to leave it alone. Our intervention is the last course of action as it could effect the rest of the family.

We will continue to monitor the situation and when we feel that it will be ok to intervene we will see what can be done.

If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards, Geoff

I personally don't think its quick enough if you really wanted to capture it, but I understand their reasoning behind leaving it alone. I just hope it sorts itself out, I hate to see an animal suffering.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks for the update AM!

Im glad they know about it and are going to monitor it, but I, like you, hate to see anything suffering. It looks like it is back to the human intervention issue. When is it the right time?

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:09 pm

So pleased they got back to you Anne-Marie and i understand their reasoning for not taking it away from it's family but i really hope that it will be okay and maybe they can catch it soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Lovely pictures again Anne-marie and also for the news. Like the others have said it's good that they know about it and are monitoring it, I suppose they leave alone because it is safe in the water and it is feeding and doing well, taking it away now may not only upset the family I suppose but also it may be rejected and picked on when it returns, so if its doing ok they will leave it alone until it possibly ventures out on its own and then capturing it and putting it back wont cause it any harm, you just hope that whatever the problem with the leg is isn't untreatable by the time they do manage to capture it.
Lets wish him well and hope he stays safe in the mean time.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:11 am

No piccies of the geese either i'm afraid. I'm pleased to report hop-a-long was hopping a little less so hoping he's on the mend. Did have a chuckle on Friday, I was walking Millie past the long grasses and all of a sudden we heard a rustle, and running out came the big family of geese, 12 goslings and 2 parents no more than 5 foot in front of me. I've never jumped so much!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:06 am

What a Face What a Face i bet that made you and Millie jump Laughing

pleased to hear that hop-a-long is less hop-a-long - maybe it will right itself and all will be well for him/her.

thanks for updating us.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Just catching up AM really look forward to seeing your pics of the family's It is a shame about Grey Leg, but as they say as it seems to be feeding OK, it's proberbly best to leave it for the time being. I suppose early intervention can sometimes be a bad thing in the long run. Lets hope his improvement carries on
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Glad that hop-a-long is on the mend Anne-Marie, I hope he continues to do well. That really made me laugh about the Goose family running out on you and Millie, think I would have jumped too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks for the update on our injured little fella. Hopefully he/she will keep improving.

I can imagine the start you must have had at all those geese barrelling out at you.

Shocked

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:12 pm

I've just had another email from the ranger at Stanwick Lakes. I'm so pleased he is keeping me up to date.

Hello Anne Marie,

Just a quick note to bring you up to date with the grey lag gosling in question. we have kept a careful eye on the young one and have noticed it has made a remarkable recovery getting about without to many problems (just a slight limp) . It is keeping up with he rest of the family and I think will continue to get stronger . These birds are very resilient and in this case has we suspected leaving the family of geese alone was the best course of action. thank you for your concern I hope that all is well with you.

Regards, Geoff

Geoff Watton

Stanwick Lakes Ranger
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:13 pm

And a couple of piccies from yesterday. Didn't want to get to close to them and disturb them!

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 29thJune2010008

By popular demand ... Goosewatch ... from Stanwick Lakes - Page 3 29thJune2010011
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next