Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trail Cam

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Trail Cam - Page 3 Empty Re: Trail Cam

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm glad that you're all enjoying them. Our pigeon is a bit of a character and I've been trying to get pics/videos of the Robin for ages and I was so glad when I did as he has been a bit elusive

I'm definitely doing the Garden Bird Watch and I'm hoping that the birds decide to visit me while I'm watching out for them
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:36 pm

new bird on my feeder today. it is a Dunnock or what used to be called a Hedge Sparrow also a video of our Robin

and our Robin

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:25 pm

I so love that little Robin PPH and he sang as well  bounce  he is just so lovely isn't he and I hope he hangs around for a long time. Now you have confirmed something for me. I can't count it in my hour of bird watch as I was watching my garden but as I went out a little bird flew across the road and as I was in bird thinking mode I thought, was that a Dunnock and now looking at your videos I am positive it was, so thanks for those clips but sadly I can't count him in my bird watch for today.

Keep the clips coming PPH as I am loving them  Very Happy 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi PPH

Hows your feeder and trail cam holding up with all this awful weather? it has been mad here the last couple of days with things getting blown everywhere. I haven't seen too many birds in my garden but I am wondering if that's because the ground is so soft they are getting the worms.

Have you seen our Pigeon and little Robin lately? I hope they are both ok.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:00 pm

I haven't put out the trail cam since the BGBW on the 25th January because of the weather. I'm hoping that we get a break, even if its just for a day, so I can pop it out and see how our friends are doing. I have seen Pigeon and Robin making quick visits in between showers so they are still around. I've also been given permission to put it up in work and I've found a perfect site for it, but again am waiting for a good day with semi decent weather so I can see if I can catch the deer and fox which hang around my work place. I'm hoping I can keep it out overnight so I can get good shots of them both of them after we all leave for home
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:07 pm

Good to know that our Pigeon and Robin are still around and doing ok, that's good news for sure. I don't blame you for not putting out the trail cam, this weather is just too horrendous, it would be awful if something happened to it.

How lovely that you have permission to put it up at work, that is really great news. It would be fantastic if you did manage to capture the Fox and Deer, lets keep our fingers crossed that they pay a visit whilst it's up.

I keep hearing that this weather is going to be with us for the next 10 days, so it may be a while before you can think about putting it up again but if you get the captures it will be well worth the wait wont it. I will now be waiting in anticipation for some good news.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm working from home tomorrow and the weather report isnt that bad. So I think I'll pop it out in the morning and see what I can capture :)

I admit I do miss the anticipation of coming home and looking through all of the pics/videos I get and also sharing them on here with you all. I saw the deer very close up yesterday. She tends to hang around the back of the building but I went out for a bit of fresh air and she was munching away at the corner of the building. She did notice me and was very curious and stayed looking at me for about 5 mins. I did have a little chat with her, she decided that I wasnt that much of a threat but didnt stay around for much longer. She was about 50yrd away from me and as much as I would love to get closer I don't want her to get too tame as not all people are as nice as me
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:14 pm

You are right PPH, not all people are as nice as you and it could get the deer into trouble and that would be dreadful. How fantastic that you were able to have a little chat with her and get relatively close but not too close as to unnerve her, that must have felt lovely. Lets hope she does show up on your trail cam when you get it set up at work.

Did you manage to get your cam out the other day as you planned or did the weather change? hopefully it was a good day and you managed to get it set up again and get some captures.
This weekend is dreadful if it's not raining and blowing a gale at the same time, it's just blowing a massive gale, hope it's better where you are PPH.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:56 pm

I did get my cam out today (forgot to do it yesterday) managed to get some videos of the Dunnock, Robin and of course our pigeons

All uploaded for your delight  Very Happy Very Happy 

I managed to get it in before the rain hit and I've also been checking out the weather report and Monday seems to be a good day for getting the camera out and I was thinking of putting it out at work and lets see what I can find
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:00 am

brilliant PPH, I will have a look at them all later today as i'm off out in a while. I'm looking forward to seeing them all and brilliant that you got the little Dunnock as well.

Hopefully Monday will be a good day and the Deer and Fox will make an appearance at work, it will be lovely to see what birds you have around there as well. Fingers crossed Monday is a good day and not like it was here all last night, I thought I was going to loose my roof, it has been horrendous all night and still mega windy this morning.

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:20 am

I set up my camera in work where the fox and the deer are seen. Something did set it of at 9.45pm but the camera had been placed to high for it to catch what it was Sad So I moved it on tuesday morning to a small wooded area at the front of the car park where again we've seen the fox and there was also a fox hole seen. Now I didnt get a pic of a fox but I did get some birdies and also  albino albino albino albino 

Here is the link to the album

https://plus.google.com/photos/100227069702111384952/albums/5980208282892236465?authkey=CNOGw6vFrMCMOA
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:18 pm

I looked at all your other clips PPH from your house and then forgot to come back on and comment on them but I do know I loved them and ive watched all the trail cam clips so far.

I have just had a quick look at these from your work and I am soooooo excited, Rabbits, Robin and Black Birds and I need to sit quietly and go through them all properly but I couldn't resist a peek just now. That Robin has such a red breast and the Rabbit is so large and healthy looking. I am looking forward to going through them all one by one and I know I will be smiling.

Shame there is no Fox or Deer but maybe another time you will capture them but I am really grateful you did this and there are so many wonderful clips and pictures to see.......my viewing for this evening for sure. Thanks PPH  Trail Cam - Page 3 768480 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi PPH
I have just caught up with the last few I needed to see, they really are lovely clips. I do love rabbits so much but I must say I think the little Robin is my favourite, I am still stunned by how red his breast is, he really is a fantastic little bird. The size of the rabbits still astound me, they must all be doing so well in their little area.

Have you put the trail cam back up at work and if so, have you managed to get the fox or deer yet?. It would be great if you have but if not it would be just a lovely to see the Rabbits and birds again. I have really enjoyed looking through all of those and again i'm really grateful for the time and effort you have put into that, Thanks PPH.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 pm

I havent put it out at work again because I've been really busy on a training course. It looks like the weather is going to be getting better so my plan is to buy a tripod or maybe a monopod and put it very close to where the deer wanders around. The problem is that with all the rain the ground is so wet and slippy that I may have to wait for it to dry out a bit.

I'm hoping to put it up over my bird feeder again as the birds are going through the food at an amazing rate. I'm not sure if its because the natural food has run out but a tray of worms which used to last me a few days are now going within a day so I want to see who is eating it all. I think I'll pop it out there tomorrow and keep it out there over the weekend
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I managed to get a few videos of our pigeon which I am putting up now. I left it out overnight and I caught an early morning visit from a Starling

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi PPH
Sorry I have been off for a little while so I have only just caught up on here. I don't blame you for holding off with your trail cam at work and either tripod or monopod until the ground is a little drier, it is still so wet isn't it. It would be fantastic if when it is drier you manage to capture the deer or maybe even the fox but you don't want to risk your trail cam at the moment.

Mmm who's eating all your food scratch  could we hazard a guess it's our Pigeon  Very Happy  once they start feeding they really go for it but then again it could be the starlings, they are manic eaters at times aren't they. It will be interesting to see who it is, one thing is for sure, I reckon it is not the Robin.

Thanks for that little clip of the starling, lovely to see and I will catch up on your most recent clips on your album when I have more time, I reckon it will be over the weekend as I love to sit and watch them one after the other and I don't like to rush through them as I enjoy seeing them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:00 am

I put it back out in work yesterday but I only got one video, luckily that video was of a very happy  albino 

I've left it out for tonight and see what I get. I'm going to see if I can get a tri or monopod this weekend

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:29 pm

That's one bouncy bunny PPH and I am still amazed at how lovely and big they are and they look so well don't they, that one is a gorgeous size and looks incredibly healthy which is just fantastic.

Hopefully there will be lots of visitors getting caught on camera tonight, fingers crossed. Good luck with whatever you choose for your trail cam. I have a monopod for my camera but I would also like a tripod but they are heavier to carry around.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:34 pm

I decided to change where I put my camera at home and move it lower down to see what visitors I get on the ground (secretly hoping for a hedgehog but no luck there) but I did catch a little mouse. I inserted an arrow to help you see it

Trail Cam - Page 3 <a href=Trail Cam - Page 3 Ek000412" />

link to photos

https://plus.google.com/photos/100227069702111384952/albums/5959188612374366353?authkey=CKPdj9K-m8arlwE
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:36 pm

A few more videos from my camera at home

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdvnYwzoA-grSKgnNG_1i1Pyy6W24cknw

(please let me know if you get bored of them all  Laughing Laughing )
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Bored!!!!! don't be daft PPH. I have just caught up on your photos and they are delightful. How could you get bored of seeing our Pigeon, little Robin and the Starlings and I believe a Blue Tit in there as well. Loved the cat passing through  Very Happy  and there were two Robins on the ground together, how lovely was that to see. Also our Pigeon on the ground too, he is really pretty. The Male Blackbird was busy too. The little Mouse was clear in the slide show and i'm glad you posted him
A great ide to have your cam on a ground view and worth having another go with it there I think.
Just need to watch the videos you have posted today.

Please don't stop posting them, I do love to see them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:02 am

I've recently put our 2 trail cams out in the woods where we hoped badgers might be passing through again and this is what we found.  Just struggling with Youtube so here's 3 short 30 second clips.

This badger seems to have a bad leg

Lai  Fox http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:19 pm

http://i73.servimg.c  Lai, 3 lovely clips although as you say the first Badger does seem to have a bad leg. I tried t see if it was the same Badger in the second clip as he was walking ok, lets hope it is the same one because then we know he is ok. I loved the way the fox marked the flowers and then the Badger did the same thing.......a battle for territory maybe  scratch 
They were really great to see  Very Happy  are you going to leave them there for a few more days ?

Thank you for taking the time to capture them and then post them, from the sounds of things from you, Safariman and WS posting onto youtube isn't easy.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks Littlewid.  We definitely have two different badgers, one with the bad leg and then the other one.  I have more clips but youtube was playing up so I need to rename them, as it kept saying I was uploading the same clips What a Face  which I wasn't  What a Face 

We've put the cams out again in the same woods but at a different angle for the latrine and what looks like a recently dug sett (it could of course be fox or at worst bunnies) so I am going to leave them there for another few days and see what we find.

They don't seem to mind sharing the same area although perhaps with young they would, I guess scent marking just shows who is around.

Lai  http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:55 pm

As there are two different Badgers Lai, lets hope the one with the bad leg improves and it doesn't hinder him. It's quite nice that they don't mind sharing the same area but then I suppose on Simons Badger cam he gets foxes there as well, so maybe as long as they don't constantly meet up they will be ok but as you say, it may change with young ones.

I'm glad you have left them out but moved them slightly, it will be interesting to see what you get........I wouldn't mind few bunnies as long as the foxes leave them alone  What a Face 

When you have time with the clips Lai that will be just fine, I know you are busy and by the sounds of youtube its a real pain.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum