Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks for the the good wishes Safariman, I'm at the touching wood, keeping fingers x stage at the moment. Great idea to get away from this weather, especialy for your birthday. Lucky for us living in the hills, above the coast we are OK with the floods, but 10mins drive away they have had some bad ones. I was laughing when I thought back to when I first started work at Rolls Royce as an apprentice photographer, and they equipment we used then, there's no way you would have got away with taking that on a flight with todays weight restrictions.
Have a fantastic, and safe trip, really looking forward to you bringing back some more great shots, and videos, and es[ecialy the stories you put with them.

HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY Safariman

HAVE A BRILLIANT TIME IN KENYA

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 305898  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 305898  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 506946  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 305898  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 305898 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks LW and WS
I have provisionally managed to get my luggage down to 14.5 kilos but it does mean my jacket pockets are bulging somewhat!!!

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm

SM, hope you pop on here again before you leave.

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip and already we are looking forward to you returning for your photos / stories, sorry  Embarassed  I must try and get more of my November trip done before you come back  Embarassed Embarassed  Safe journeys, I hope the weather is good and the sightings better.

How fantastic you are celebrating your 70th Birthday in Kenya, couldn't think of a better place, hope it's a good oen for you  cheers 

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 70th10

14.5 kilos, well done  Wink 

Good news re my footie team last weekend, we won 4-0 so are through to the cup final next month  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 71418  We've actually got another cup tie tomorrow (Scottish Cup) which is down in Glasgow, not going but it's live on the TV so will watch on there  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 853843 

I got a text from Lai on Tuesday to say they had arrived in Kenya but unfortunately not her suitcase  No   How many times has that happened to her !!!  

WS hope you are getting back to full health, slowly but surely  Group Hug 

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanks Doogs.
Unfortunate for Lai that her bag went missing. It is always likely to happen when you have to connect to another flight, luckily I fly direct from Heathrow so fingers crossed my bag should arrive at the same time as me!!! It would mean that Lai would have to go to the Mara without her luggage which is a real bind, not easy to buy essentials at a safari camp in the middle of the bush. Lets hope her bag eventually caught up with her.
Pleased to hear that Aberdeen got through to the League Cup Final, hopefully they can do the same with the Scottish Cup. Will you be going to the final?

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

I must drop her a text SM to see if it has arrived or has she been sharing Pete's shorts all week !!

Yes bus is booked for the Cup Final   Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 853843  Dad & I have Season Tickets so no problem getting tickets.

Have a ball
Doogs

Last edited by Doogs on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone  Very Happy 

Hope everyone is well and keeping warm this wet and windy weekend  Lightening Rain 

Oh no, poor Lai, no baggage, that's not good is it, lets hope by now it has caught up with her and Pete can have his shorts back  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683 when you ext text her Doogs please say HI to her from me.

Hope your feeling ok WS and your not feeling poorly again and hopefully the weather hasn't hit you hard in Wales.

Quiet weekend for me but i'm ok with that, a bit of R&R does you good  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480 

Have a good weekend everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Evening everyone  cheers I hope you all had a good weekend.

I think we have been very lucky in the North East of Scotland weather wise compared to many other areas of the UK.  Feel so sorry for all these people who's homes have been flooded, must be awful for that to happen.

I had a busy weekend, into the theatre to see Ghost with my friends on Friday night, it was good, working all day Saturday in the pub then Sat night I visited a friend for tea, a few drinks and stayed over.  We never got to our beds until 3.30am, plenty of yapping oh quite a few  drunken as well !!  Sunday was a very lazy day  Sleep 

Well my footie team did it again at the weekend and won their cup game beating the mighty Celtic on their own ground.  A huge result for us and we played great which was even better.  So that's us now into the League Cup Final and the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup  cheers Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 853843 

I forgot to text Lai over the weekend but I'll do it tomorrow to see if her suitcase turned up and if they are having a good time so far - can't believe that's a week she's been away, time flies !!  I'll mention you were asking after her LW.

Doogs  http://www.picgifs.c 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Oh I did forget to mention  . . . . .

Kenya here we come again in November  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 71418   Booked the trip last week  Very Happy   Heading back to our usual camp in the Mara but we're also staying for a couple of nights in the Kicheche Valley Camp, Naboisho Conservancy, very exciting.

http://kicheche.com/our-camps/valley-camp

We're allowed to do night drives at the other camp which we've never done before, can't wait for that.

Doogs
 Cheetah 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 71418 Brilliant news Doogs you'vr really got something to look forward to now, and also The Dons Cup Final, I will be cheering them on.
At the moment we are in the middle of the storm forcast today for Wales, and the winds really  affraid Never heard it this bad since we've been here, they said highs of around 70 to 100 mph, and we can well believe it by how it is at the moment. There are all sorts of bumps, and bangs going on outside  What a Face . I think it will be a miracle if they electric stays on, so may be back later or not

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Sounds like a great weekend Doogs.........Yacking till 3.30am  affraid ......just love girlie gossip  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480  you said Ghost was good, is that just good or really good? the film was brilliant but I know stage plays can be so different. Yes please do say HI to Lai for me and fingers crossed her suitcase has turned up, there must be nothing more annoying than not having all your luggage on your hols.......and having to wear Pete's shorts of course  lol!  Well done to your team, they are obviously doing very well  http://i70.servimg.c 

WS it has been a mare here today as well, massive thunder and lightening storm at 5am accompanied by some massive hail stones and then 70mph winds but not as bad as your 100mph winds, I heard wales was going to get hit pretty bad, I hope you are all ok there and no damage. The weather just seems relentless at the moment doesn't it and for the people who are already flooded it must be so distressing for them.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 853843  A November safari Doogs  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480  how fantastic for you, I have just checked the link and it looks gorgeous, I bet your counting the days already. You, Lai and Safariman are becoming Super Safariers......if that's a word....and obviously not as in my typing its underlined with red  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683 

Hope everyone stays safe and warm in this wild and woolley weather.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:13 pm

cheers great news you will be cheering my team come cup final time WS - one easy song for you that you should be used to "Come on ye Reds"  Wink  I hope you and Mrs S are both safe and well and have weathered the storms where you are, they really are awful down south and in Wales, we've been very lucky up in Scotland to be honest.

Yes WS Ghost was good but not brilliant, not a patch on the film anyway. I think because it's a musical but apart from Unchained Melody we didn't know any of the songs, I wasn't mad about that. The special effects were very well done. I did text Lai the other day but haven't heard back from her, hopefully 'cause they are having a ball  Very Happy 

Glad you like the other camp we're going to, it's all very exciting and something to look forward to. I do like that word 'Super Safariers"  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 2224760601 

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:58 pm

Friday folkies  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480 

Fairly quiet weekend ahead for me which I'm looking forward to. Tea and a few  drunken with Mum & Dad tonight, my footie team are live on Sky tomorrow lunchtime so dad and I will watch that then the racing  Very Happy  Probably out for tea at night then working all day Sunday.

What's everyone else up to ?

How's the weather holding up ? We're dry at the moment but it is rather dull outside so no surprise if we end up with some  Rain before the end of the day.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend
Doogs  http://www.picgifs.c http://www.picgifs.c 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:36 pm

What a shame the only song you new Doogs was Unchained Melody, that is often the way with plays isn't it but t least it was a good night out. A quiet weekend for you  What a Face  that mkes a change Doogs  Very Happy  Have a lovely time with your Mum and Dad and hope your team do well  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480  and don't work too hard on Sunday but I expect all these shifts at the pub will be handy for the up and coming Safari trip  bounce 

The weather has been awful here and today has been no better. I have been up to the crematorium today to take some flowers to my dad and the roads on the way there were just so flooded, I needed my car to become hovercraft it was that bad  affraid  then as it was windy...blowing a smallgale actually I stopped in a garden centre to buy some plant ties to put over the flowers so they didn't blow away, well the flowers will be ok but numpty here slipped on the wet floor and had a massive fall onto my hip, couldn't move at first but thankfully nothing broken just incredibly painful and I've jarred my back and neck, with the state of my bones i'm lucky to have got away with just pain and bruising......the weekend can only get better  Wink 

Nothing major planned Doogs, shopping tomorrow but we are also expecting massive gales over night and tomorrow so may not be a good idea to be out and about but I have brought another gizmo, its called a Nutribullet and I actually got it off the TV from the High Street Shopping channel. I have never done that before but it looks fantastic and you make all these incredibly healthy drinks from fruit and veg, i'm really into all this stuff so tomorrow I will see about getting lots of yummy stuff to make some Nutriblasts, if anyones interested just google Nutribullet and you will see what its all about.

Hope everyone has had a lovely Valentines day.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:44 am

affraid LW thats not good hope you are OK, you will be feeling really sore today it's always worse the day after, you take care, and with your fracture history, if your in any doubt about anthing get it xrayed, you take it easy today.
Had a rough week again this week, had to up my steroids, and go back to the Docs. Then good news is that my chest xray, and infection tests came back clear, so I'm now back on 6 steroid tabs a day, but I've also been given an inhaler, the combination really seems to be helping, I'm no longer getting out of breath when I'm coughing, and I'm feeling a lot better today. I'm also starting work with the Add/Mobile today, advertising Caravan Holiday Homes ( In this weather  scratch lol! ) still I'm getting paid for it.
Hope you have a good day today Doogs with your Dad watching the Dons, and the racing, and your not working to hard tomorrow, also you dont feel to bad today LW

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 am

Good morning everyone

We're back but guess what? Without our luggage!!!  What a Face  We had a tight connection at Amsterdam and only just made it ourselves so they had already said the luggage will follow, hopefully today  Very Happy  Sorry I couldn't text again Doogs to say all well and Safarilink kindly sent my case down to Mara North and with the help of one of the drivers from Offbeat Mara I had my case by lunchtime the next day. What a relief, as although the other people in camp offered clothes I was pleased to have my own. The funny thing was I didn't have to pay excess weight which would have been 15kgs over  Laughing 

I will try and catch up tomorrow as much to do, but hope you are all okay and not too battered by the UK weather, I believe it has been really bad in the south and see that we have many trees down here.

Take care all.

Lai  Group Hug 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:56 pm

http://www.picgifs.c Back Lai, we have missed you. How unlucky can you get, not having your case arrive when you get there and also on the return journey as well, socking but as you say, at least you didn't have to pay excess baggage  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480  Looking forward to hearing all you rnews and of course seeing all your wonderful pictures. Great to have you back.

Glad you are feeling better WS and hep your weekend of working hasn't been too bad for you and that the weather has been behaving and not causing any hairy moments with the Ad/Mobile.

It's been a lovely sunny day here and for once no rain or wind  http://i70.servimg.c it's made for quite a nice change. I'm not too bad today thanks WS, still rather sore and the bruising is really coming out but i'm ok  Very Happy 

Dancing on Ice tonight  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 853843  I so love that program and it made me laugh, I was watching the mens program the other night where they all have to incorporate the same elements and every single one of them fell, it made me think of our celebrity men and how steady they are on their skates.....I know it's not the same standard but it did make me chuckle  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683 

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:11 pm

http://i73.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480 Great to see you back Lai, that's a shame about your luggage problems, but at least you managed, and didn't get charged. Hopefully you had a great trip, and both had a deserved break, with lots of lovely memories, and pics. You get everything sorted at home, and the business, and come back when you have.
Glad your feeling not to bad LW, I'm sure it's painful though, the weather here's been brilliant after the horrendous stuff yesterday, and Pebbles the Add/Van behaved.
Errrr one word of warning LW don't even think about having a go at Dancing on Ice after your latest episode, your not safe on concrete  lol! 
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:35 am

Thanks  and good to be back, a bit hectic and 2 dogs needing care but hoping to catch up later in the week.

Take care all.

Lai

ps all luggage home and unpacked, ready for the next safari now (I wish)  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:24 am

Back home safe and sound after another fabulous trip to the Mara. The BA flight touched down at just after 5 am this morning and my luggage also arrived on the same flight!!! The washing machine is now in overdrive and I am starting to download some of the 2,000 photos and hour of video that I took. It should keep me busy for a little while. I had some great sightings of leopard and lion but unfortunately the weather was very cloudy which made photography quite challenging.
Glad to hear that Lai is now reunited with her luggage and I look forward to seeing her photos and posts.
Hope you are not too battered after your fall LW and with WS still under the weather WAA is getting a growing sick list!!
Doogs your team did well to get rid of Celtic and that should increase their chances of getting to a second final. Safaris to Africa are addictive and like you I find I cannot do without them!!!!
Will post some photos soon.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Welcome back Lai and Safariman, glad to hear you are both home safe and sound  Hugs 

Oooh LW sorry to hear about your fall, that sounded a nasty one but it could have been so much worse knowing your back problems etc. Just glad you are a bit battered and bruised as opposed to having any broken bones  pale  Mmmm like the sound of your Nutribullet, have you tried it out yet ? How good is that Ray Quinn on Dancing on Ice, he's amazing Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 71418 

Oooh too for your WS - they are going to have to give you a permanent bed in that doctors surgery !! Good news that your x-rays/tests have come back clear and your combi of the inhaler/steriods is making your breathing better, that's good news cheers  Hope you weren't blown away with your ad at the weekend  affraid 

Oh Lai, you and luggage, that's an incredible amount of times that's happened to you !!! Just shows you should always have a few bits and pieces in each others cases, just incase  Wink  No problem with not texting, I took it to mean you were having a great time  Very Happy  You and Pete must be glad to be reunited with the dogs again, were they good when you were away and no problems I hope ?

Good news you and your luggage both arrived together SM  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 768480  2,000 photos and an hours video, superb  Cool  That's a shame your weather was a bit cloudy but I'm sure you've got many wonderful shots to share with us. Very exciting time just now to be an Aberdeen fan, thanks - but we've not won anything yet, still got that all to do !

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Glad you are back safe, and sound as well as Lai, and plus no problems with your luggage. Really looking for to both of your pics, and any videos, no rush, but if you need a hand with the washing Safariman let us know  lol! 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

http://www.picgifs.c  back Safariman and i'm pleased to hear you had a great time even though it was a little cloudy, darn those clouds eh! 2.000 photo's  affraid  we are in for a real treat  http://i70.servimg.c Good to know you didn't have any luggage problems and that you are home safe and sound  Very Happy  I am ok thanks, it was a nasty fall and the bruising is really coming out now and sadly the older you get the more stiff you get........Eeek did I just say old  Embarassed 

Doogs Ray Quinn is amazing and I quite like him this time round but I must say my favourite is Hayley closely followed by Beth but I would be happy for either one of them to be the Champion of Champions.
Yes the Nutribullet is brilliant and it does what it says and the recipe book is just packed with all different drinks and meals and it also gives a lot of sound health tips as well.

Glad the Ad/Mobile has been behaving WS with all those winds, i'm sure they are not built for flying  affraid Don't worry WS, no skating for me but funnily enough we do have an ice rink here at the moment but i'm keeping well away even though Lara and I love skating and we did it when it was here before, not this time round though  No  feet firmly on terafirma Mmmmmm not sure of that spelling scratch 

Lai you catch up when you have time, we know you have a lot going on at the moment so don't worry  Very Happy 

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Don't know what the weathers like where you are Guys, but its been a beautiful  sunny morning here in North Wales, what a nice change  Crying or Very sad its not going to last, back to wind, and rain tomorrow. As LW says Lai don't you worry about getting back on here you get everything sorted first. Hope the Dogs are OK, I bet they are thrilled your back. I wouldn't be surprised if you've got a few trees down in the woods with the winds we've been having. That last blast last week was a  affraid we had a 47kg Propane bottle blow over, and it just missed the car by an inch  What a Face , and when I got to the Doctors Surgery the following morning there was a 30ft Monkey Puzzle Tree on the roof, it had just missed one of the Doctors consulting rooms by a foot, and he was examining a patient, bet if he was constipated he was cured   lol! 

WS

Ps  Group Hug To Tamu hope she goes on OK with the Op
From Mrs S, WS & Poppy

Last edited by whitestarling on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 24 40683  WS that was so funny, that would be a sure cure for constipation  lol! lol! you were so lucky that canister missed your car, it could have caused a lot of damage for sure. The wind was rather dreadful wasn't it and fingers crossed we don't get anything like that again for a long time to come.
I think you had the better weather today WS, we had a bit of sunshine but it also rained and was cloudy, a real mixed bag, not sure what tomorrow is supposed to be like here but hopefully dry.

Lai I hope Tamu's operation has gone well today and that she is ok, we all send our love to her and hope she has a speedy recovery  Group Hug 

Hope everyone is ok and having a good week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Good afternoon everyone and welcome back Safariman - we had tent 3 how funny is that?  And in case Kapeen didn't mention it a leopard walked by one morning - wow it was fantastic.

Thanks for good messages about both Tamu and Kip and WS and Littlewid thanks for PM's.  As you realise I am seriously behind but dog issues are  taking over at the moment.

So Tamu had her Mast Cell tumour on her left ear removed,  she has many stitched but still has her ear thankfully.  It will end up a little pinched and folded but all being well she will keep it.  The vet called just now to say it was a grade 2 tumour and that hopefully they have removed enough tissue around it.  Also something else was rated 0 which is good news, sorry can't remember just now what she called it  Embarassed   Tamu is coping with her 'collar of shame' but spent the first 24 hours sulking.  Honestly I have never known a dog who can sulk as much as her.  She's on pain killers etc and the stitches come out Saturday week.

Kip tragically has had to have her tail docked.  This happened yesterday and I am so sad to see her lovely tail all gone but it was impossible to leave some as her thin greyhound skin is impossible to deal with.  She has a bandage and has removed her 'collar of shame' easily many times so is free.  One of us has to be here to make sure she isn't trying to chew the bandage.  Kip goes back to the vet on Monday for a change of bandages.

I really am hoping to get catch up next week.

Have a great weekend everyone and I hope the weather is okay wherever you are.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next