Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Feeding Stations :):)

+8
Carson1
Doogs
Anne-Marie1981
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
12 posters

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 Empty Re: Our Feeding Stations :):)

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Sadly I did'nt manage to get any photos of those young, they all vanished rather quickly hope they were OK.
Some exciting news this morning though. I noticed our Woodpeckers Wilma & Fred were on, and off the peanuts every few seconds in turns, no sooner had one left the feeder than the other was on. I watched where they were going, and it was to a tree just across from the feeder. Although I could'nt see clearly because of all the foliage, their young must have fledged, and they were feeding them, and showing them where there was food. So fingers X the young will come to the feeder soon.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

That's a shame WS but it does seem to happen very quickly! Good news about Fred and Wilma, let's hope you get to see their family at the feeders soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Have you seen Fred & Wilma again WS or any of their Young?

I have been watching my feeder on and off today, it has been mental all day, this morning it was getting ravaged by the Starlings, the Sparrows were trying to feed but they were being chased off. I have a pair of Robins I believe that have been nesting in my neighbours tree, I think they have young in there and they were trying to feed this morning as well but stood no chance.
It has been lashing it down with rain all day but the feeding frenzy has been relentless, it is still going on now and I see no sign of it stopping.
I have got a few pictures but they have been taken through the patio doors so are not brilliant and they are on my phone, I have got the quieter times as during the mad frenzy's I have been watching.
I am sure the weather is encouraging the feeding and there is obviously young around as well. The mess made by the deposits of the fat balls is just huge but Nero keeps wanting to go out to snaffle them up.
Looked up your recipe for the fat balls today WS and have given it to my mum as well, she is also getting zillions of birds at her feeder and bird house that I brought her.......she has well got into feeding and watching the birds.
Right a few bad pics as I am rambling on a bit.
Mr Pigeon who waited his turn even though there is a starling on the fatball feeder and at one point there were two Pigeons in the tray feeding.
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 Img-2020
A small feeding frenzy going on here
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 Img-2021
These two on the top seemed happy to wait their turn whilst the one on the fatball had a huge meal
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 Img-2022
It is still bucketing down and they are still feeding, it has been constant as far as I am aware from 7.30 this morning, it's unbelievable.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 768480 Good to see you've lots of visitors and affraid not more rain, poor you.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 pm

The feeding didn't stop till 7pm Lai and it's now 10.22pm and it's still chucking it down with rain What a Face
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Wilma & Fred are still coming down on a regular basis, but we've not seen any young yet. The home made fat balls are better as they contain a bit more moisture than the bought ones, and if the parents are feeding young they need as much moisture as possible, because the natural food for young are catapillars, as they contain a lot of water content. But with all the rain you are having the catapillars get washed off the leaves.
Looks like a nice woodpigeon shot there LW, the starlings can be a bit of a pain stopping others feeding which is a shame. We have had a good day here weather wise, no rain, and quite a bit of sun, but the feeders are still manic as everyone is saying
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 am

Forgot to say I love the bird in flight photo Littlewid. Hoping it's stopped raining today!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks Lai, it was just a shame it was raining so hard and the pictures were taken on my phone so they are not that brilliant at all but I was surprised I managed to capture some wing flapping.

Glad Wilma & Fred are still feeding WS, at least you know they are ok.

It never stopped raining Lai, infact we have had floods. The feeder was having a right bashing this morning and they were still going when I got home......I need a good top up before I go to bed for tomorrow.

I have a family of blue tits nesting in my new guttering out the back, I know I could hear chicks and mum and dad have been doing a sterling job feeding them, I know they are all ok and have survived this dreadful weather because there is a right din coming from the nest when it's feeding time.
I can't see them but I followed mum and dad from them taking off from the feeder and bird house and saw where they were going, and thats right where the chirping is coming from.
Obviously I will leave them in my new guttering.......glad it was worth having it done for them Very Happy ........and then when they fledge I will remove the nest as it will block the guttering.
I will obviously keep an eye when they fledge to make sure no one gets into any trouble and they all stay safe.
it's sad the weather has been so awful but it does mean I have seen so many birds at the feeder.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

My thats busy feeders you've got there LW - but there's plenty of food on them so who can blame all the birds for wanting to come and visit you Wink

affraid you certainly seem to have had a lot of Rain down South, its a very different story up here in Scotland I can tell you, most unusual England has got the rain and not us. Great news that your Blue Tits are doing well, the more noise the better ! Great that you can leave them be until they hatch then remove the nest from your guttering. Fingers crossed they a fledge successfully Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 853843

Good to hear Fred & Wilma are doing well WS :)

Last edited by Doogs on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am

Hope your Blue Tits fledge OK LW. You said about how the Birds are feeding early, I did a run this morning at 5-00am, and as I passed our feeders I noticed Birds were already feeding, so they do start very early at the moment
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 am

Good to know your blue tits are doing so well Littlewid despite the rain, and definitely a good idea to remove the nest once they've all fledged otherwise you'll have problems!

Same here WS - the birds are at the feeders so early now and we're getting through loads of food. Pip and Persephone are still in the garden and Pete found one of them on top of our African breeze hut first thing, obviously a good vantage point to check out the garden Very Happy

We're a bit the same Doogs, Cheshire is normally one rainy county but Sunday was fine as was yesterday and so far so is today. Fingers crossed it lasts.

Littlewid I hope the weather improves for you in the south.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Amazing that all these birdies are up bright and early looking for food - 5am is early for the birds but thats even earlier for humans WS !! affraid

Good to hear Pip and Persephone are still in your garden Lai Cool
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Not really Doogs. When I said I did a run, I forgot to say it was to the toilet, and I saw the Birds as I passed the kitchen window Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 40683 I've got a couple of pics of some new fledglings, just starting to find their own food on the feeders, but I cant get them on at the moment as the Forum is updating, will try tomorrow
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 pm

The pics I promised on the last post
Young Greenfinch taken through the window, so not to clear
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 00110
These are outside ones of young Blue Tits, sat there for 1/2Hr before they came on to the feeders
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 00410
This ones my favourite
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 00712

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 pm

WOW WS - gorgeous photos all of them. Newly fledged birds look so lovely and fluffy still. Well done for sitting still for 1/2 hour - mind you it looks like the sunny was shining and the sky was a perfect blue.

Thanks for sharing - more please ............... Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 768480 Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 768480 Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 768480 Those are brilliant shots WS, you wouldn't know they had been taken through the window. They look so gorgeous don't they, baby birds are just so cute and its wonderful they have fledged ok. Thanks for sitting still and capturing them.

My Blue tits are still there and as noisy as ever. The feeder has been busy today but not as mad, I think its becaise its been sunny and dry, hopefully they have been catching caterpillers for their meals today. I will let you know when they fledge but at the moment they are sitting still.

Pleased to hear that P&P are still enjoying your garden lai and the hut must be a fantastic vantage point as they are quite huge huts aren't they.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:02 pm

P & P were still around this morning and hanging about our garden, not using the ground feeder but picking up bits and pieces that fall off the feeders. They normally come in again around now ....

Yes the hut is quite large! The Pied wagtails like the roof as well Very Happy

Good to hear your blue tits are okay and enjoying some sunshine Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:49 pm

WOW WS those are great pictures Very Happy very cute and your Greenfinch is very clear considering it was taken through the window Cool Your patience definitely paid off waiting to get those.

Good to hear your Blue Tits are still going strong LW and that P&P were around today Lai cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am

Pip & Persephone invited Portia Partridge over last night, Portia came without Ptolemy but was quite happy playing gooseberry Very Happy Still waiting to see if we have any eggs/babies.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:09 pm

That's quite a mouthful Lai !! lol!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:01 pm

I Agree Doogs, I have no idea why I pick such ridiculous names but it makes me chuckle cheers

What will I do if they have babies? scratch

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Pppp,& Ppppp. & Ppppp, & Ppppp confused scratch Dam I wished I'd read this earlier, before I started on the Boddies
WS Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 40683 WS

I think it makes us all chuckle Lai the names you have picked - babies names - oh dear Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 615959 Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 615959 Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 615959 Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 615959 Laughing
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:38 am

I am not sure these Partridges know what they are doing - they seem to wander here and there looking very pretty but don't seem to be getting down to the business of eggs and little P's Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:20 pm

A couple of pics from the feeders this morning, we had so many different species on, I have'nt got time to post them now, but I will later. Again the pics are through the window. First one of our two young Squirrels.
All that food will go to your head SON
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 00811
If you've never been Eye to Eye with a Juvanile Great Spotted Woodpecker
This is what it looks like
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 00412
and from the back
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 25 00311

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next