Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Feeding Stations :):)

+8
Carson1
Doogs
Anne-Marie1981
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
12 posters

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 Empty Re: Our Feeding Stations :):)

Post  whitestarling Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:24 pm

You were right about the Squirrel LW, he loves Mrs S's fatballs

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 71418 Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480 Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 71418 that was brilliant WS, that squirrel was making a real feast of Mrs S's fat ball, he was clinging on for dear life and wasn't going to stop feeding was he Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 40683 the amazing thing is all those different birds feeding together, just brilliant. An amazing video and thanks soooooo much for uploading it.......i'm going to watch it again now, I loved it. Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Well I put 3 of the larger fatballs out today WS and I have one left, which is not bad going as it has been really sunny and dry so I imagine they have also been collecting insects.
One thing I have noticed though is there is less mess from these homemade ones, the other ones (brought ones) as pecked at like mad but loads was also going on the floor, this time the floor is clean.......so looks like everything has gone into the birds little tummys Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480 ......I will surely keep making the homemade ones and I really enjoyed making them as well and the advantage is, you can really mix them up for the birds so they get a huge variety of food and it must keep them interested as well.
So again, a HUGE thank you to you and Mrs S cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Some shots of one of our Swallows nest, they are not brilliant as they are on maximum zoom, and the cropped as well. This first one was where I was shooting from. I know it's not the feeders, but they are on the otherside, so thats the connection Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 40683
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 01011

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 00212

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 00312

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 00511

This is a short Video, not that clear, as I said maximum zoom, and the nest is in shade under the eaves, so it does'nt make for easy exposure settings, with all the light around

Also our resident upside down Squirrel was around this morning
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 00111

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 am

Those are brilliant pictures WS Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480 and to be taken at quite a distance they are amazing. How wonderful to have a swallows nest, I have never seen one before apart from on the TV and now yours so I loved that.
I am always amazed at how the nest doesnt fall off the walls and I must admit I find it quite scary, in the respect that I think they may fall off, but it's how they have always been so it proves my worries are not founded.
Loved the video cheers I really enjoyed that WS, I wonder how many little chicks they have?
Good on Mr Squirrel for coming again to the feeders, I bet that little guy can't believe his luck.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm not sure if there are chicks in the nest or not it's a difficult angle to see anything, but time will tell. Our woodpeckers, are still around visiting, I'm sure there's more than one juvanile. There was a juvanile, and the female on today, but the rain was so heavy could'nt get a pic. I need to get a real close up of the young one like on the last page eyeball to eyeball, to see if there's a difference
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Sounds as though you have had bad weather today WS, shame, its been lovely here today, a little windy but sunny.
I do hope there are chicks in the nest or maybe they are getting ready for chicks, as you say we will have to wait and see.
Fingers crossed you get to see if there is more than one Juvenille woodpecker and if you get another eyeball to eyeball pic that would be fantastic.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:30 am

Lovely photos of the Swallows WS - you are so lucky to have them. Cheeky little squirrel helping itself to the bird food What a Face

Weather really windy here today but the birds are still coming in to feed, and P & P were in first thing which always makes me smile.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:02 pm

It's been windy here all day as well but nice and sunny too, so all in all not a bad day. My feeder is still going crazy, the birds love the Fatballs made from Mrs S's recipe and they are eating a ton of seed, raisins and meal worms too, keeping up with them is hard work, it's like a 24hr cafe Very Happy it's so lovely to see them though and I have two resident pigeons who also come and feed, i'm sure they are Mrs & Mr and they seem so sweet as well but they are hard to get a picture of, if there is any sudden movement they are off but I will try and capture them, I know they are pigeons but they are also very cute these two.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Meet Whilma & Willy

I had got a couple of seperate shots of Willy last week
Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 00313

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 00414
But this evening just as we were about to fill up the Feeders I got both of them together

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 01110

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 01310

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 01410

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 pm

WOW WOW WOW Those are stunning pictures WS and what a fantastic video as well, just lovely Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480 Is that a first for WAA, two Woodpeckers feeding at the same time, I think it might be Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 71418 Really fantastic WS Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480 WS - great photos and great clip and definitely a WAA first. Our woodpeckers don't share the same feeder ever, far too greedy!

Lovely to see Whilma and Willy together.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:04 pm

WS what kind of woodpeckers are they. Its just they have different markings than ours.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:44 pm

They are Great Spotted Woodpeckers SM. The reason for the different marking are that the one on the left is the Female, and mother to the Juvanile on the right, thats why we have two on togther because they are related, and the young have not long fledged. If you look at the top of the juvaniles head its Red and that shows its juvanile, but if you look closely you will see the black feathers underneath are starting to come through
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Having read through the various posts and enjoyed the lovely photos, I thought I would add a few of my own. They are all taken through the kitchen window, which means I spend most of my time trying to keep the window clean and with all the rain it is almost a daily job. The problem I have with my feeders are the wood pigeons which snaffle all the food in no time, leaving nothing for their smaller brethren!
The pics. of the goldfinches were taken on one of the few occasions when the sun came out this year and I can only boast a single woodpecker and not the two of WS.

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1030210

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1030211

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1050010

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1050011

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1030310

One of a pair of collared doves that are regular visitors.

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 pm

I have exactly the same problem Safariman, our feeders are right outside the window, and keeping it clean in the weather we've been having is a affraid . Those are great shots, I can tell the difference in the quality of your camera, and mine. We dont have a problem with Wood Pigeons strangely enough although we are right in the country. The usual Squirrel problem, and one Crows who loves the fat cake, but we've bought a new Squirrel proof feeder ( well it says it is ), and I've turned our feeding station, to try to block the Crows takeoff space. Thanks for sharing the photos, would love to see some more
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 am

Lovely photos Safariman, thanks for sharing. We've too many woodpeckers, must be the family but they create chaos!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely photos safariman, they are surely a delight. The Goldfinch is spectacular and I love the little Collard Dove and at least you do have a Woodpecker, sadly I have not seen one round here.

I must ask as your pics are so good, are you a very good amature photographer or was it your job? I only have a little digicamera ( not that I can seem to find it since all my building work) so my pics would never be that good and at the moment I am relying on my phone, even though every capture I take is special to me as it is capturing a special moment for me that I want to remember, but I would love to be able to take photo's as wonderful as those.

The birds I seem to get in my garden are the Starlings, who gobble everything, Blue Tits, Blackbirds a little Robin did come a few times and I do have a couple of Wood Pigeons who i call Mr & Mrs and surprisingly they are not the greedy ones, they wait on the fence till the others have eaten and then they zoom in and clean up what has been dropped and then start at the feeder, they are a lovely couple.

Look forward to seeing more of your pictures safariman.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Littlewid, most of the time I just point and shoot and hope!! I work on the principle of, if I take enough shots some are bound to come out. My camera is a Panasonic G2 which has an interchangeable lens. I have always taken photos but only for fun from a very early age, my first camera was a Kodak Box Brownie. Now I only tend to take photos of wildlife when I am in Africa plus the occasional shot in the garden or of my grandchildren although I very rarely photograph people. Whatever camera you use, as long as you enjoy the results that's all that matters. Every photo you take however it turns out should be special to you as it captures a unique moment of time that can never be repeated.
I have added a few more birdfeeder pics below and will post some more safari shots soon.
Safariman

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1040810

The blue-tit at the bottom is the adult!!!

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1040910

A greenfinch

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1000210

A young starling just starting to get its adult feathers

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1000310

A greedy wood-pigeon
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Still on catch up so looking back over this thread.
WOW is all I can say WS and Safariman to your photos, they are excellent and how wonderful that between you you've managed to show us such a variety of beautiful birds (and a squirrel) fantastic. Thanks so much for sharin, really enjoyed looking at your piccys Cool
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Lovely photos Safariman - the last one is brilliant

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Oh boy, more stunning pictures safariman, how I would love a little Greenfinch like that to visit my feeder and I adore the photo of the Blue Tits, to me that is a cracking photo, and I must say, I am never too sure why lots of people don't like Pigeons, I know people see them as messy pests but if you truely look at them they are beautiful and their colourings are just gorgeous and I think they have really pretty faces, I don't believe they are as loved as they should be.
I have had plenty of juvenille starlings in my garden and although they do seem to ravage all the food I do really like them, that is a wonderful photo of his adult feathers coming through.

From you, Lai, WS & Doogs we have some really special photographs, you all have the midas touch with cameras and taking photos and I truely love seeing them all.

Funnily enough my first camera was a Box Brownie but not the very first ones, my Dad and Uncle both worked for Kodak so over the years I have seen their cameras change and I recently had to clear my uncles house and the amount of cameras through the years and photographic equipement that belonged to him and my dad was just amazing. I suppose I should be a better photographer myself and I keep promising myself a better camera and one day I will upgrade but I do love my little digi cam and for me it is all about capturing the moment and enjoying what that moment meant, it would be a thousand times better if my pics were good but capturing what I do take makes me smile anyway but I am always eager to see photos from others who do take stunning photos, so the more that you, Lai, WS & Doogs post just makes me Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 71418

Look forward to seeing more of your safari ones.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 am

My friendly and ravenous woodpecker returned to my feeder and kindly posed for a photoshoot, although he did stick his tongue out!!
Safariman

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1050012

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1050013

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 P1050110
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm

WOW Loving those Safariman. What a beautiful Woodpecker WOW
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480 WOW Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 26 768480 WOW with photo's like that safariman you can forgive him for sticking his tongue out, they are stupendous ( tried to think of an apt word for them).Loving the little red feathers on his chest just coming through and also the last one, apart from capturing his tongue I love the detail of his whispy feathers, just brilliant.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next