Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Feeding Stations :):)

+8
Carson1
Doogs
Anne-Marie1981
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
12 posters

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 Empty Re: Our Feeding Stations :):)

Post  whitestarling Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:01 pm

http://i73.servimg.c  Thats great news LW your Collered Doves have really done a wonderful job this year in bringing up 4 clutches. I did wonder if this last clutch would make it as it did seem late in the year for them to have another set of eggs. But they have done a great job, and the mild weather has certainly helped. Hopefully as you say they will return next year, and though its sad they will leave your tree wont be completely empty, it will be full of wonderful memories from this year.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks for the update LW and great to hear all is still going well with the Doves. Hopefully, in a good way, that tree of yours will be bare soon Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Its been really wierd just lately here, we have had no birds for over two weeks visiting the feeders until today then we have seen two Collered Doves, a Robin, Crow, and Magpie. There has'nt even been any around outside the area, not even in the two lanes where we live scratch Dont know how the birds have been where you Guys live

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Well my two little chicks have finally fledged the nest. They followed suite like the others and practised their flying around the garden and then flew off for longer and longer but they always returned later in the evening but for the last two nights they have not come home, so I assume they are all grown up and I will have to wait until next hear to see if mum and dad return for more nesting.

It has been quiet for birds around here as well WS, a few Magpies and crows but that is about it, I havent even seen a Robin. I wonder if it has something to do with the mild weather? Maybe all the other birds will appear as it gets cooler otherwise its all a bit of a mystery scratch 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 pm

http://i70.servimg.c that's great news LW - great to see they had a good practice at flying about before they went the full monty Cool 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Great news LW, you have certainly had a great year with your Collared Doves and lets hope they return next spring.

I was standing at the kitchen sink yesterday, contemplating the washing-up when I noticed a young robin who decided to take a bath in the bird bath/water container on my feeder. It was a little strange as it had only just stopped raining and I would have thought some nice fresh rainwater would be preferable to a rather dirty bird bath but there again I am not a robin!! He seemed to enjoy the experience and eventually flew off looking decidedly dishevelled and in need of a good blow dry!!

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1040510

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1040511

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1040512

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1040513

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Speak about being in the right place at the right time, they are brilliant photos Safariman and what a gorgeous little Robin I love you

Thanks so much for posting Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:14 pm

http://i73.servimg.c Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 768480 Fantastic shots Safariman, he does look really soaked. Just wondered have you noticed that your Birds have gone quiet ?

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:38 am

http://i73.servimg.c  Safariman, lovely photos of your robin.

Yes, all is quite quiet here with the bird feeders, they come and go a bit but not nearly so much except of course the young pheasants. We still have 5 of them, + their mother and Fizal their father and one P'fer Ptolemy who has joined them and now thinks he is part of their clan. I have renamed him a Pheasidge as he's obviously confused (and so is Pete by my weird habit of naming everything that moves) Laughing 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:42 am

Yes WS it is a lot quieter than earlier in the year. I think that can be put down to our wonderful summer and early autumn. After the awful winter the birds were obviously searching everywhere for food to build themselves up for the breeding season. Then the summer came with an abundance of food and they didn't need our help quite so much. In fact I stopped putting out food for a while as the seed and peanuts remained untouched and started to rot and the birds were only interested in the tasty morsels, i.e. fat balls and fat pellets!! They seem to be slowly returning to the feeders as I presume the wild food is becoming scarcer. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Oh my goodness Safariman, my favourite bird and what simply stunning photos, I know he is a real bird but those pictures make you feel as though you are there with him right now, they really are amazing. He looks as though he is having such fun and he is a youngster isnt he but so gorgeous, you have captured so much in those pictures and I reckon you should send them into Autumn Watch or at least some photographic competition, they are worthy winners and deserved to be enjoyed by thousands. I for one, cant stop looking at them, he's beautiful.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I was just lucky, being in the right place at the right time!! But I must remember to clean the kitchen window as all this rain has made trying to take pictures through them like looking through a fog. And what you don't see are all the photos I have to delete just to get one or two decent ones!!!

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 40683  Safariman, same here Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 853843 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Well you keep cleaming those windows Safariman becuase I really enjoy your photos Very Happy 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat May 24, 2014 9:39 pm

I've had a bit of a quandary recently where I put out a full tray of mealworms and within minutes they are devoured my Starlings. Now I know that they have babies to feed but the little birds dont get a chance. By accident I found the answer, mix the mealworms in the tray with a standard seed mix and the Starlings have a problem seeing the mealworms. They do get food but at a slower rate so they leave some for the smaller birds
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Good thinking there PPH. Starlings do tend to bomb the feeding stations a bit in general anyway don't they but Yes I imagine with babies to feed they are going to be a bit more voracious in their attack but now at least they are still able to feed and also feed their babies but the little birds also stand a chance of getting food  cheers 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 am

new colourful feeders bought today

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 <a href=Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 10426510
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat May 31, 2014 5:42 pm

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 768480  PPH - those are very colourful. I wonder what the birds will think  lol! 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 pm

The bird feeders have been very quiet this spring with only a voracious wood pigeon and the occasional starling as visitors. I have even been having to throw food out of the feeders that has gone mouldy or with the seed feeders that has started to sprout!!
However the last couple of days everything has changed. I think this years new crop of birds has finally fledged and is on the lookout for food. I have seen Great tits, a young Goldfinch and hordes of Blue tits as well as a robin. It made me clean the kitchen window inside and out to try and get some photos. The weather hasn't helped with constant heavy showers but the occasional burst of sunshine makes all the difference to the pics!!

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010110

Great tit

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010111

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010210

Young Blue tit

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010211

How many Blue tits?

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010212

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010213

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010214

It is difficult to know at times which are the parents and which are the fledglings!!

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010215

Not much room on the feeder

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010216

Coming in to land!!
I didn't realise I had captured this until I looked at the photo on the computer, just goes to show you shouldn't be too quick to delete a photo.

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010217

A curious Robin wonders what's going on!!

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010218

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010219

The Wood pigeon who will eat anything he can get his beak to!!

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Another array of wonderful pictures SM - I especially love the one with your caption 'How Many Blue Tits'. There's plenty of food for them there so no wonder they are now coming regularly to you - strange it has taken them so long though scratch 

Great 'inflight' shot and you're right you should always look closely before deleting  Wink 

Lovely little Robin too  I love you 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks Doogs.
It has been very busy on the bird feeders the last few days with all the newly fledged little ones. At one stage yesterday morning I had 12 Blue tits and 4 Great tits plus one bemused young goldfinch all on the feeders at the same time!!! Unfortunately I couldn't get any photos as it was pouring down and very dark even though it was breakfast time.
I have put together a short video showing some of the visitors to the feeders over the last few days.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:31 pm

Just caught up with this Safariman. Great photos especially through a window, you'll have to let me know what you clean your windows with  Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 40683 . Love the one of the Blue Tit on the feeder looking up at the window, looks like its saying what are you looking at  lol! and the last one of the Wood Pigeon reminds ne of one of the Chickens in The Great Escape cartoon movie. You've certainly got some different visitors coming to your feeder station in the video. You feeder looks the same as ours, sadly my feeders still down after all the gales we had. I need to find a new way of securing it, at the moment its been standing in a marble patio umbrella base, but I cant pack the tube solidly enough to stop it swaying, and we haven't got any grass or soft ground to put it in  Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 45922 scratch .

WS

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:20 am

http://i73.servimg.c  Safariman, lovely photos and what a huge array of birds and newly fledged birds. We're just seeing all our fledged birds too, so many and it's just wonderful to see them at the feeders.

Thanks for sharing.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 am

The feeders are still busy, particularly with newly fledged Blue tits and Great tits. Some of them look incredibly scruffy as they get all their adult feathers. Did have an unusual visitor yesterday when a Magpie landed on the feeder. They are huge birds and very beautiful, in fact they are one of my favourites. The Wood pigeons who try and scoff everything they can, nested in my neighbours garden and are raising 2 huge chicks. I tried to get some photos but there are so many leaves and branches in the way it is difficult to get a clear shot.

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010510

A scruffy Blue tit

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010511

A young Great tit

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010512

Great tit

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010513

Young Blue tit

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010514

Magpie

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010515

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010516

A not very photo of the Wood pigeon chick on the nest

Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 P1010517

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:38 pm

Lovely photos again SM, love the one of the Blue Tit taking a piece of peanut from the feeder, and that did look like a very scruffy Blue Tit  Our Feeding Stations :):) - Page 34 40683 I don't think you could get a much better shot of the Pigeon Chick in the position the nest's in. Lovely to have so many young around, sadly I still haven't been able to resurrect our feeder yet so we are missing out, we just have a tray on top of the a bunker, but we have a new family of Squirrels around, and they re getting most of the nuts, and stuff

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next