Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Doogs Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Yikes affraid LW to the blackout ! Sounds like the furries kept you safe and warm though Wink

I spent 3½ hours in Debenhams last night doing Crimbo shopping pale That's the bad news, the good news is that I've probably done about 90% of my shopping in the one night Very Happy I tend to go there every year as there's some really good savings to be had.

Had a text from Lai Pai today. She's having a great time in Zambia. Very hot although this morning they got a tiny drop of some welcome rain. She's seen lions & leopards but no cheetah (none out there). She had a visit to a school & testile factory today which she enjoyed. Jonathan Scott is a Like a Star @ heaven and she's learning lots from him. She says hi to everyone Group Hug

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA a lot lately. Both bosses are out today so thought i'd have a sneaky catch up and it seems like i have missed lots. Lai Pai is in Zambia? How exciting! Looking forward to lots of piccies when she's back. Doogs woohoo you're back off to the mara, we're looking at June as a possibility for a return to the Mara but we may book last minute, see how the finances are and other things.

Right, need to go further back to catch up on everything I've missed!! Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Hello AM, good to hear from you Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843

Hope you manage to get caught up on there, plenty to read about :study:

Hope you do get back to the Mara next year - June is a heck of a lot cheaper than the high season in July.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was fairly busy with the footie and a party/BBQ on Saturday night at my sisters - didn't get home until 5.30am !! affraid Yesterday was a bit of write off as for some reason I wasn't very well !! drunken Embarassed
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Great you managed to pop in AM while the boss's were out. We've missed you
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Evening All Very Happy

Ooooo sounds as though your head may have been suffering yesterday Doogs 🤢 but as long as you had a good time thats all that matters Very Happy How did your team go on Saturday?

Is anyone else a Twilight Fan? I went to see the new movie yesterday and it didn't disappoint. can't make up my mind over Edward or Jacob :What: both very "oh yes" in their own way I love you Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843 .........actually I think it's Edward Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 768480 . Now got to wait another year to see part 2 affraid

Hope everyones had a good start to the week. I'm doing a 4 day week this week, got my little 5 yr old Nephew coming to stay on Saturday night, so getting all the boring stuff done on Friday so we have the weekend to have fun and a party night on Saturday evening. He is a massive Strictly Fan and Xfactor Fan so lots of treats and singing and dancing on Saturday night and I hope Nero has his walking legs on because Kian has great plans for him too, infact I think he's more excited about spending the whole weekend with Nero than actually staying with me Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 ........heres hoping Kian and Nero don't get up too early on Sunday morning Sleeping

Nice to see you popping on AM, hows life treating you?

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Twilight Fan affraid I hate it when the hour goes on, beats me how anyone can love Twilght apart from Bats of course. A Nephew who loves Strictly affraid That Boys not being brought up proper, you should be taking him to watch football matches Ooooops Embarassed sorry I forgot your an Arsenal fan. affraid affraid now were back to horror films confused confused
WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:02 am

Feel better now you've got that off your chest WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes you guessed very right LW - fuzzy head and all the rest affraid pale Good at the time but not so good the day after No As for my team on Saturday, pass, next question (that should tell you everything ! Crying or Very sad Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 )

I've never seen any episodes of Twilight so no idea who Jacob or Edward are scratch

Sounds like you're going to have a very busy but fun weekend with little Kian Cool I'm sure by the end of the night on Saturday he'll be well ready for his Sleeping and won't be up early as he'll be tired from all his exertions with you and Nero Very Happy

Horrible dull, dark, dreary day up here to day.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Afternoon everyone

Hope all well with you all. I'm back from a FAB-U-LOUS safari in a very hot Zambia. Zillions of photos to sort and delete and go through at the weekend.

Will try and catch up tomorrow but just popped in to say hello.

Lai Pai Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843 WELCOME BACK LAI PAI Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843

It's great to have you back, we have missed you. Sounds like there is loads to tell us with a Zillion photo's, can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics.
I imagine you are noticing the difference in temperature, how hot was it in Zambia?.....hotter than here cos today I had to scrape the car for the first time this winter.
Looking forward to catching up. Nice to have you back

littlewid-x- Very Happy
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Lai Pai, great to have you back Group Hug
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 Welcom11

Very much looking forward to hearing all about your trip to Zambia and of course seeing some of your photos.

We're having incredibly mild weather up here so surprised to hear you had to scrape your windows this morning LW affraid Frosty Tongue
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Thanks Littlewid and Doogs. It was a shock coming back to even a mild UK, Zambia was soooooooooooo hot, in the late 30's all day and night with no respite. We slept with wet flannels on our heads and wet kikoys over us, never used the duvet or even a sheet. Quite a picture!

Will catch up on Monday properly, off to the ballet tonight and being taken to Edinburgh on the Northern Belle train on Saturday to see the Royal Yacht Britannia as a wedding present with some friends so it's all go Laughing

Missed all the banter from WAA but look forward to the usual albino albino next week.

Have a good time everyone - and fingers crossed for the weather and no scraping the car Littlewid.

Lai Pai lol!
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:05 pm

That sounds VERY hot sunny LP !!! Too hot at times ?

Have a great time at the ballet and ooooh a trip on the Northern Belle to see the Royal Yacht Britannia sounds brilliant, have a wonderful time. We did the RYB a few years ago and enjoyed it. Hope the weather stays kind for your visit.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 Good one Lai Pai but don't worry i'm taking good care of my new car Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 768480

Wow what a busy weekend you are having but it all sounds so FAB-U-LOUS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843 what Ballet are you seeing? I love the Ballet. Never been on the RYB so really looking forward to hearing all about it next week and your trip to Zambia as well......boy that was hot.

I'm off work tomorrow getting everything sorted so I don't have to do anything whilst Kian is here and going out with my mum for a bit tomorrow as well, a four day week is really nice Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418

Have a good evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Group Hug WELCOME BACK LIA PIA Group Hug

Sorry I did'nt say welcome yesterday, it was my last day running the Pub, and by the time I got home it was to late to come on. Hope you have a great time at the Ballet, and at least you'll be watchingn Strictly proper Dancing Dhhhaaarling Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:08 am

It's good to be back, i've definitely missed the WAA albino albino and WS's humour dahhhhhhhhhling.

We saw The Nutcracker, Pete's never been to the ballet before so it was a new experience for him and my mother was a ballet dancer in her youth so of course she loved every minute of it Very Happy

To be honest, yes at times it was too hot, we were up at 5 out by 6 (wildlife allowing, as we had buff boys outside our room one morning, eles in reception two mornings and hippos outside our room morning and evening affraid ) We were back in for 11 ish for brunch and out again at 4 back in for 7.30/8, having had sundowners by the river, which was truly fantastic, so much to see drunken During the afternoon we had a talk and slide show from Jonathan, Phil and some of the others - details later. No point being out in the intense heat, the animals were all flaked out Laughing Mostly in the evening we were late back having found leopards, a honey badger, genets and so much more. Being able to do night drives adds a whole new dimension to what you can see.

Mild day here today so fingers crossed we all have a good weekend.

Really looking forward to our trip to see RYB - might take a camera, but I think I am all photo-ed out at the moment What a Face

Catch up soon and have a fun weekend everyone.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:37 am

Glad you had a good time LP, never been to the Ballet myself. Missed the albino albino thought I'd gone deaf Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 sounds as though we've got lots of Pics coming Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418 . It's mild here to, a nice sunny day. I hope the rest of you are having good weather
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Glad you all enjoyed the Nutcracker Lai Pai Cool Looking forward to hearing more about your trip, sounds amazing :)

Lovely sunny day up here as well, is it really late November scratch !!!

Hope you manage to get the house all tidied in time for your little visitor LW - I'm sure you're both going to have a ball this weekend Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843

Glad to hear you're stint at the pub is over with until the next time WS, hope you enjoy some time to yourself this weekend.

Only plans for me this weekend are for Saturday. Ian and I are out for tea then onto our Exhibition & Conference Centre to see Bryan Adams Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418 This must be about the 8th or 9th time I've seen him, he's great in concert so very much looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend everyone
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 am

Morning All Very Happy

Oooooo the Nutcracker is a lovely Ballet Lai Pai and i'm glad you enjoyed it. My mum was a ballet dancer too, she did all her exams to become a teacher and then met my dad and she then stopped, not through him, it was her decision. My sister and I both did Ballet and tap and did all our exams as well.

Can't wait to see all the Zambia pics but after the amount you said you took i'm not surprised your all pictured out for your trip to the RYB, hope you have a lovely time though.

Never seen Brian Adams Doogs but i Have liked some of his stuff that i've heard, Hope you and Ian have a wonderful time.

I'm all sorted for Kian and i'm really looking forward to having him, so if i'm a bit absent this weekend its because he has all my attention.

Have a great one everyone, it's very chilly at the moment, the temp has really dropped here.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:03 am

This is very delayed, but welcome back Lai Pai! Sounds like you have the most fantastic time, can't wait to see more piccies Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks Anne-Marie - it was truly memorable but I am completely overawed by how many photos I have, and the idea of deleting some is awful, I know I have too but they all have such fun memories Laughing

Anyway this week I will post a few - eles by the millions, lions and cubs by the millions - no cheetah sadly, and no rhino, neither exist in South Luanga.

You would have loved the eles going through reception Anne-Marie, I have never been so up close and personal to a wild animal, what an experience Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418 Wonky and her son Wellington and the rest of the family - they were just beautiful to see, so relaxed and watching them go down the steps so carefully (a fair amount of mud and leaves was the only give away that they had passed through). We were just so lucky and saw them twice, both times was about 5.30am so needless to say my brain was not exactly sharp, but I do have a few photos.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm

So how did your weekend go with Kian LW, all good, tiring fun ?

Did you enjoy your trip up to Bonny Scotland then LP ? Did you go up and down on the same day ?

The elephant going through reception just sounds amazing, can't wait to see them and the rest of your photos.

Well the brilliant Bryan Adams was just amazing on Saturday night, he totally rocked Aberdeen Cool Roll on the next time.

Off our for tea tonight with a couple of friends so looking forward to someone else cooking Wink Laughing

Very windy up here today with some spits of rain.

Can't believe it's December this week affraid

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Good afternoon from a very wet and windy Cheshire.

Sounds like you had a great time Doogs, and brilliant, no cooking tonight drunken have a great time.

Edinburgh was wonderful. The Northern Belle took about 4 hours with a fantastic brunch and champagne on the way there, a tour of the Royal Yacht Britannia, which was fascinating, time to shop/drink in Edinburgh and then a 5 course dinner on the way back. A long long day but really good fun, a great wedding present from some friends of ours.

It's scary that it's less than a month to Christmas What a Face where did the time go?

Had a quick look at my photos and still can't decide what to do so I will post just a few tomorrow Laughing

Have a great evening everyone and don't get blown away, our bird table went flying over earlier affraid

Nashipai
aka Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:22 am

Couldn't resist this one for today - beautiful voices.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 pm

They certainly are LP and lovely words, video also Very Happy Loved the bit at the end with the Masai walking with the Elephant behind - made you realise just how big elephant are affraid

Your trip on Saturday sounds amazing, lots of great food & drink. You have some very good friends LP to give you that as a wedding present Cool

Went to Handmade Burger Co the other night for tea, very fine, mmmmmmm !!! Also good to get a catch up with a couple of friends.

We've been quite lucky with our weather of late, certainly better in the east than the west in Scotland.

Today is DECEMBER affraid santa rendeer Snowmas Christmas Tree Earmuffs Santa Waving

Doogs Mouse Stocking
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next