Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Introductions

+38
WMTravellers
cruciger
atb224155
cloudy
Trackerintraining86
mickeysutube
melikr
ForWildlife
tigerfan2013
Cremecat
redparka
gregrowlerson
blue river
Safariman
cheetahlover
AfricaInside
allaboutsongs
Mara Mad
radhu
Dnyanada Kulkarni
simbat
LalaPetush
RMorr50912
redroxy888
xxx leopard crasey xxx
svisak
Tarangire_Trekker
markymarc1979
tatyana
liongirl92
wilderness
tigermilk
minnie87
Anne-Marie1981
Monica
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
Safari Maiden
42 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 2 Empty Re: New Members Introductions

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Welcome Monica

We are a great bunch of friendly people here, the animals near you are going to be a lot different than what we are used to and its great to have members from around the world.
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 am

Hi Monica (and to Sarah and Rob, who I missed when they joined)

Welcome to the boards. I hope you have a great time on here, and if you have any questions, just ask! We're happy to help.

As I haven't done my intro yet, here goes.

My name is Anne-Marie and I have a little dog called Millie (thats her in my avatar) she's an unusual one as she is a staffy cross yorkie (or a storky as i like to call her). She's going to be 5 this year. She is my first dog, as I grew up with a cat (from the age of 7 to 22) in that time we also had rabbits. I like in a little town in Northamptonshire, England.

My favourite wild animal is an elephant! I'm a huge supporter of The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, we foster 3 eles and we will be fostering Maxwell the rhino this month too. I'm very excited as I shall be visiting the trust in September on my honeymoon before heading off on safari in the Masai Mara.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 2 Empty Thanks everyone.

Post  Monica Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 am

SM, good questions. I love all wild animals, but my favorite wild animals is Loin. I would like to have a dog. Dog is a really faithful animal.
Thanks for my welcome.
M: Very Happy
Monica
Monica

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 2 Empty Re : New Member

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 am

I am Yadav
I have one cat at home.
I am from India
I love Indian tigers
I mostly write some thing about them. alien alien

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:33 pm

HI Yadav

WELCOME TO WAA

It's lovely to have you here. Hope you don't mind me moving your post into the new members thread.......keeps all our new member introductions together Very Happy

Two little questions, how did you find us and whats the name of your Cat :?:

Please join in on any topics you want too and please ask any of the Admins if there is anything you are not sure about. We are here to help and to also hopefully make you feel very welcome.

I love Tigers too I love you ........SM we need a Tiger emoticon.....Please......special request for our new member Very Happy

Have fun on the forum Yadav.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Hello Yadav and welcome to the forum. Glad you've found us and hope you enjoy looking round the site.

I love tigers too but have never seen one in the wild. Whereabouts in India are you from?

Look forward to you joining in.

Lai Tigger
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi Yaday.
Welcome to Wild About Animals, its great to have you join the Forum. We do have a section about Tigers, and you will find some great news about them on the Forum on the link below

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t852-amazing-tiger-cubs#17197

There is also a Video Clip of Tigers you will like, on the Post called Todays Smile on the Forum
On the Link below

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t801p195-todays-smile#17335

Do you have any Wildlife Reserves with Tigers near you. Tigers are one of my big favourite Cats

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 pm

More welcomes to do which is great cheers
Hello Monica, lovely to have you on the forum. Great to hear you like Lions lion cub I can understand why you would want a dog, they are very faithful/loyal animals, that's why they make such great companions.

A big welcome to Yadav, who, like Monica is also from India, great to have more members who are outwith the UK. Tigers, they are beautiful cats, I would love to see them in the wild.

Hope you will both join in in other threads that interest you, it will be great to hear from you both New Members Introductions - Page 2 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 2 Empty Hi again sorry for the delay

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:38 am

So what pictures would you guys like to seen again?
As for the vet tech info, what would you like to know? I am willing to answer any questions I can about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 am

Hi Rob
Good to hear from you again. Have you got any photos of your Dogs ? if you have you can post them in the Forum on this link
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/f3-pet-chat-photos-videos

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:23 am

Hi Rob, few questions:-

(1) What's the most difficult thing you've had to deal with so far whether it be emotionally or a certain injury to an animal ?
(2) Have you ever taken your work home ?
(3) Have any of your patients ended up as your pets ?
(4) Tell us a bit more about your vet clinic, where it is, how many staff, do you take all types of animals ?
(5) You love horses, do you ride ? Ever been horse racing ?

Thanks, Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 2 Empty hello

Post  minnie87 Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi, my name is Michaela (minnie coz she's 1 of my fav disney characters lol) I don't mind which name is used as I work with small children and get called by several versions of my name :)

I currently have 3 cats (technically my little brother's) which are from Cat Protection called Camilla, Poppy and Indi, 2 rabbits from RSPCA called Woody and Kizzy and a hamster who was up for adoption at Pets at Home after her first owner returned her called Frankie.

I've always had pets, mostly cats (we got 2 kittens and then they got bigger and kept having litters), a couple of dogs, rabbits, fish and my hamster.

I love animals, always have, and wanted to be a vet when I was little but my mum told me I might have to deal with spiders because people have them as pets and I freeze up when I see spiders-even little ones!

Didn't plan to write an essay so I will end it now Very Happy x
minnie87
minnie87

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Minnie

Welcome to WAA. It sounds like you've got a huge family of furries - it would be lovely to see some photos of them all.

We've got two dogs so no cats or anything small and furry as they are large and not very cat friendly. A rescue retired Greyhound called Penny who's 10 now and a Rhodesian Ridgeback called Tamu who's 3 1/2.

Enjoy looking round the site, there's plenty of different threads and if you need any help please ask.

Looking forward to you joining in.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Minnie
We have a Cat, and she's called Poppy as well, we have had loads of Cats, and kittens over the years, some pictures of which you can see on the Forum. We can let you know where Pets Photos are posted on the Forum later. We've also had Dogs our last one was called Misty, who was a Boarder Collie, and she was a rescue Dog. Really glad you found us, and if you need any help finding or posting anything on the Forum please just shout, and one of us will help
WS
Whitestarling
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:05 pm

HI minnie

WELCOME TO WAA

It's good to have you here Very Happy Loving the names of all your pets, it's also nice to know why your called minnie, i'm littlewid after of my beautiful Ginger boy who sadly is no longer around but he touched my heart greatly.

I'm not good with spiders either, they really do give me the shivvers What a Face it's one little creature that I have never really got to grips with.

I hope you find lots here to interest you and that you will want to join in with. As WS says, if there is anything you need help with, please feel free to ask.

Enjoy your time here minnie and look forward to chatting more.

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Welcome aboard WAA Minnie, lovely to have you here cheers

That's a nice collection of 'furries' you have and well done for taking them from the likes of Cat Protection, RSPCA etc etc

Must confess I am not a lover of Spider either, there's just something about them that makes you go affraid

Looking forward to seeing your posts Minnie, please feel free to join in any topics of interest to you New Members Introductions - Page 2 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  tigermilk Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi
Currently I haven't any pets due to losing my last cat, Ollie, a couple of months ago and being so upset at losing him that I haven't been able to get another. My main love is the big cats, mainly the tiger and last week I had the privilege to feed 4 tigers with goats milk and get within inches of them. I enjoy majority of wildlife and contribute to many wildlife good causes to try to make a little difference to their welfare when possible.
tigermilk
tigermilk

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi Tigermilk, welcome to the forum :newbies:

Sorry to hear you lost your beloved Ollie recently. There are a few of us who all lost dogs last year, myself included and it hit us all hard. Pets are a very big and important part of our lives and it's heartbreaking when we lose them, I really feel for you.

I am also a Big Cat fan and have been lucky enough to see them in Kenya a few times, returning again in September for a 'cat fix' Wink

WOW how fantastic to feed Tigers, that must have been such a thrill for you. Where did you do this ?

I hope you'll enjoy the forum, please feel free to particpate in any threads, we'd love to hear from you cheers

Doogs Cheetah
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi Tigermilk
WELCOME TO WAA
As Doogs said a few of us have lost Pets sadly over the last 12 Months both Cats, and Dogs. Its a really hard time getting over it, so we know how you feel, about Ollie.
My two favourite Big Cats are the Tiger, and Cheetah. I just love the power, and prescence the Tiger gives off, its such a magnificent Animal. How fantastic to get that close to Tigers, Is that thats why you chose your name ?. We have a Tiger Section on the Forum this is the link to it to save you looking
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/f7-asiatic-lion-tiger-talk
I hope you enjoy the Forum, if you need any help finding things on the Forum. putting pistures on, or where to post things just ask, and one of us will get back to you.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.

WS
Whitestarling
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 am

HI Tigermilk

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here with us. Sorry to hear about Ollie, the loss of a loved pet does hit hard doesn't it, we can all sympathise with you.
Were did you get to feed the Tigers? I Imagine that is an experience you will never forget, they are magical cats aren't they and my favourite too. If you have any other wildlife experiences we would love to hear about them.
Do join in where ever you want to on the threads, it is a very friendly forum and we always love to hear new views, thoughts and experiences and see other members pictures.
Again, welcome to WAA Tigermilk.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 am

Hello Tigermilk New Members Introductions - Page 2 Welcom10 to WAA

Great to have you with us and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat Ollie, we all love our pets so much and the loss of one is hard to overcome.

Where did you get to feed these tigers, it sounds like a magical experience. I love all big cats but have never seen a tiger in the wild. My all time favourite has to be the leopard though.

Looking forward to hearing your views, ideas and thoughts. if you need any help with anything just ask.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:51 am

Welcome to the Forum Tigermilk!

We have alot of topics relating to animals (and some that dont) on this forum so take your time and have a browse around. If there is something you would like to see and WAA do not have, let us know and we can sort it out for you.

Have Fun!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 2 Empty Heya, new member!

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 am

Hi everyone!
I joined the forum because of my love for African predators. My main animal interests are leopards, hyenas and lions. Leopards for their sheer adaptability and their reputation as ghosts. Since there is still so much to learn about these cats it draws me to them immensely. Hyenas and lions fascinate me because of their social living and the relationships between members in a group.
I live in the UK and i am currently studying for my BSc in Zoology. I have 4 dogs, numerous fish and a hamster.
Anything else you want to know can go ahead and ask :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 am

Hello Hyena Queen and welcome to WAA. Great that you found us. We've got lots of topics and subjects that we cover on the forum so hopefully you'll find some that interest you.

My passion also is Africa - especially leopards but all african wildlife. Hyenas are fascinating and very understated I always think, everyone's always interested in the big 5 which seems a shame when there are so many other amazing animals there.

We've two dogs at home - a rescue retired Greyhound called Penny and a Rhodesian Ridgeback called Tamu (I'm a huge Big Cat Diaries fan Laughing )

Looking forward to your posting and to hearing all about your pets - we've a section for photos so it would be lovely to see them all.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:32 pm

Welcome to WAA Hyena Queen :newbies:

You'll be well at home here with your love for African predators, a big favourite with a lot of us here. There are a few of us heading out to the Masai Mara in September so we'll be sharing our stories / photos with everyone on our return.

Fantastic you are studying for your BSc in Zoology, must ve very interesting. What do you plan to do after ? Have you done any 'work placements' since studying ?

Please feel free to have a good look around the forum and participate where you like. We are a very friendly bunch and always welcome people's thoughts, experiences, knowledge, views.

Doogs Cheetah
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next