Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badger Cull Protest

+5
Laikipia
Doogs
littlewid
princesspurplehippy
whitestarling
9 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

badger cull - Badger Cull Protest - Page 14 Empty Re: Badger Cull Protest

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:27 pm

So sad that this has begun, "about 5,000 badgers are expected to be killed in controlled shootings over six weeks in Somerset and Gloucestershire" No - that seems an awful lot Crying or Very sad Mad Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:41 am

From the Wildlife Trust

Cull is tragic distraction to tackling devastating disease - 27th August

http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/news/2013/08/27/cull-tragic-distraction-tackling-devastating-disease

and from Chris Packham

'Shameful' badger cull will destroy wildlife, says Chris Packham
Chris Packham, the television presenter, has branded those carrying out the badger cull as “brutalist, thugs, liars and frauds”.
Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 pm

I agree with The Wildlife Trusts comments about distarction. To me it shows the Government, has never had any intention of even considering vaccination, if they did why was'nt there any thought given that out of 7,000 Badgers 5,000 are to be culled leaving 2,000 why not follow it up by vaccinating the ones that are left
I'm glad Chris Packham had come out with such a strongly worded statement in the cause of the Badgers

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:10 pm

It is great that Chris Packham has finally come out in support of the Badgers and from wnat has been going on, on Facebook it has really helped to add encouragement to a lot of the supporter groups who are valiantly trying to stop the cull. However I know he probably was previously silenced by the BBC whilst making Springwatch and the Burrowers but it's a shame he couldn't have spoken out sooner, I am not sure if it would have helped as the Government was hell bent on the cull, I believe they were not brave enough to stand against the farmers even though they had all the scientific evidence at their fingertips to prove it would not work. I think they just wanted to appease the farmers and they saw it as the cheaper option and a quick fix but its not going to be a quick fix as bTB will still be there unless farmers change some of their husbandry and also the amount of times their cattle are tested.
It has also been said on FB that out of 5, 000 Badgers that will be culled only 150 or 200 will be tested, that percentage doesn't add up and will not give a true account of actually how many Badgers had TB, it's unbelievable. Also as a sett is brutally culled other Badgers are more likely to move into that sett, that leads them to being culled as well, whether or not they have TB, more innocent lives lost.
There are lots of groups out there disrupting the culls in a lawful manor and I take my hat off to them as they are putting themselves out there for our Badgers.
It has been a maddening weekend and it is going to continue, I would love the Government to reconsider the cull but I don't think Cameron is man enough to back track, he will continue to slaughter our Badgers, shame on him.

WS, I hope that whatever Badgers are left after this dreadful time that money is spent on vaccinating them so this awful situation does not arise again. It shouldn't be happening in the first place and rightly Cameron should be stopping it.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:25 am

He did come out in support of the badgers sometime ago Littlewid, but not on air on Springwatch, a shame I agree, but I guess the BBC 'silenced' all it's presenters. Having said that at the moment all the UK wildlife programmes show badgers so a bit of irony there.

I am following everything on the cull on Twitter and FB so apologies if I am a bit short on WAA but I am so anti the cull I have been supporting 2 sab groups with a few £s to help their cause and they are peaceful caring people who are giving up there time to help protect the badgers.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 am

Badger cull 'proceeding to plan', says minister - The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10280459/Badger-cull-proceeding-to-plan-says-minister.html

Owen Paterson and Simon King on the cull

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am

Well he would say that would'nt he, he would still say it if it was not going well. How can you trust the word of a Minister when he keeps flying in the face of scientific fact, when he says the cull is based on scientific evidence, when we all know its not. As Simon King says he's only picked the bits from the study that suits him

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 pm

This guy is really getting slated on FB and Twitter and rightly so.

There is a planned Twitter send out tomorrow  between 12 and 2pm to try and get the Badgers trending world wide and to basically slate this man. For anyone on Twitter who wants to help between those times its  #industrylapdog I will be tweeting.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:10 am

Same here Littlewid, well done for posting that, a good reminder thanks.

There is so much going on with the badger cull and those following on Twitter and FB will be aware of it all so I won't repost it otherwise I'll drive you all mad Rolling Eyes 

Lai

ps still a few days to go for the petition, it would be great it if topped 300,000 signatures.

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Nice one Lai, I sent my tweet out at lunchtime but havent had time to see if it trended or not. I have signed so many petitions lately and I posted one on my FB page that my friend picked up in canada and added to her FB page for hopefully more signatures and support.
The guys in the field are doing a grand job with disrupting the culls, just a shame they have to be there in the first place.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:47 pm

badger cull - Badger Cull Protest - Page 14 768480 Well done Guys for all you are doing for the Badgers. Unfortunately I've found out that I have a problem with my Google account, I havent been getting notifictions of tweets, and FB post through my email. So I have'nt known what you were doing, and have'nt taken part What a Face sorry. I have though featured the Bager cull on the home page as you'll have seen, and updated it with the closing date. The link on clicking the photo goes direct to the e-petition site. So hopefully a few people will have added their names to the petition, plus this thread the last I looked has also had over 3,900 views so if a few of those have signed at least WAA has contibuted to trying to save the Badger

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 pm

I regret to say I was unable to join the Tweet trend yesterday, I normally do the #badgermonday one and try and join in with as many badgers ones as possible but failed yesterday!  Well done Littlewid and don't worry WS we know you've been supporting and thanks for the Home page pic, it sums it up nicely.

Number of signatures:297,028 just now and closing date is the 7th September.  It would be great if it tops 300,000.

'Badger-friendly' milk to be sold in just three UK supermarkets

Waitrose, Marks & Spencer and Asda say they will not sell milk that has come from dairy farms inside cull zones

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/jun/05/badger-friendly-milk-supermarkets

Lai http://i77.servimg.c
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:33 am

The original badger petition closed at 303,761 signatures cheers  a record breaking result.

Someone has started a new petition - worth signing again.

Stop the badger cull NOW

Responsible department: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

The badger cull must be stopped now for the following reasons:
1. The stated aim of the trial badger cull is to test the effectiveness (in terms of badger removal), humaneness and safety of culling. Since people in the locality of the cull, report hearing prolonged screams from dying badgers the trial has already proved the culling is not humane, as no-one can claim that a death which lasts long enough for the animal to scream in pain, is humane.
2. Defra’s 'humaneness assessment' will be based on autopsies on just 120 of the 5000 that are to be killed. This is not a scientifically valid sample group. In addition any badgers that are wounded but make it to their sets, subsequently to die in agony will not be included in this sample as their bodies will not be recovered. As these are arguably the ones that will have suffered the most, and yet will be excluded from the study, the pilot is scientifically invalid and so must be stopped immediately.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/54685/signature/new

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:47 am

I have signed it Lai, unfortunately I forgot to share on FB but I will put the link on my timeline by hand so it can be spread.

That was a pretty powerful bit that you pasted on yourlink. It makes you wonder if they are only planning on cleanly shooting 120 Badgers out of 5000 as that is not a percentage. My heart really goes out to all the poor Badgers who will die a very painful death. It's just criminal.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:47 am

Honestly Littlewid, I am almost speechless about this cull (except that I am constantly posting on Twitter and FB)

It is deeply worrying and distressing.

Thanks for signing, I should have put it under our petitions thread but forgot Embarassed  so it ended up here.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Update from one of the groups - United Active Badger Army. It doesn't make for good reading.

http://www.gofundme.com/Saving-Brock

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Lai that makes for awful reading, it really is distressing. Like you it is constantly on my mind and it makes me feel physically sick what they are doing to our beautiful badgers. All the people in the field are doing such a grand job in very difficult circumstances. If we are all honest I think we all know the police can be one of the biggest corrupt group and they are proving it yet again in this cull which is not good as we are supposed to believe we have the support and safety of the police, just I suppose as we should expect our government to be straight and protect lur country and all within it, which includes our wildlife and especially our protected wildlife. What hope do we and our beloved animals have with these two powerful groups involved in this dreadful action towards our Badgers.
All the guys on the ground really need all our support.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:47 am

The Badger Trust are appealing for the new petition to be signed.  

It already has 3,073 signatures.

http://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/54685

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks Lai. It has another one now, signed, and featured on the home page
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Brilliant, thanks WS.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Signed cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Its now on my FB page Lai. Lets hope they get all the signatures they need.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks everyone, I think every signature, share and whatever we can do must surely help put our point across.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Too true Lai, we have to keep signing and supporting and hope that sensibility prevails in the end.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Stop the cull and Animal Rights UK are hosting a protest event outside the Conservative Party Conference in Manchester on Sunday 29th September.  I have just told Pete that we are going!

https://www.facebook.com/events/498833810194210/

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next