Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

+3
whitestarling
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
7 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  whitestarling Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks PPH, will check that out after the weekend
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  Laikipia Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Thanks PPH - really behind with checking all these cams What a Face

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:30 am

Charlie and Tom (The Other Male) have 3 eggs now - if they haven't hatched yet they are about to.

Learned all about the pair and the setting up of the cam and nest at the London Bird Fair.

http://www.wildlifewhisperer.tv/live-cams/1326

Also the other great cam is the City fox live cam

http://www.wildlifewhisperer.tv/live-cams/1383

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Mwsnap99 - just now

This camera is streaming live images of a pair of Peregrine Falcons who share most of their time between Fulham (in particular Charing Cross Hospital) and Barnes (London Wetland Centre). Charlie is the falcon and was the first one to settle in 2007. Tom is the tiercel (male).

How to identify the difference between the falcon (female) and the tiercel (male) - The falcon is larger than the tiercel and has a ring on each leg. The tiercel has not been ringed.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 pm

This is the garden the fox family visit. Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Mwsna100

No one around at the moment but I asked Gill (whose garden it is) what happens during the day, she said often the foxes/cubs are sleeping under the shed, so definitely one to check out from time to time.

The web cam page has a bit of information on the 4 main characters in the fox family.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Just read about the little fox family Lai and I am really excited about them all and love the names they have.
I have tried to watch the cam but it just keeps whiring and not opening. I notice it says JWplayer, do you need to have this downloaded to your pc to watch the cam?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:26 pm

scratch Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 45922 Ummmmmmm - problem is Littlewid I have no idea. I seem to be able to watch all the cams with no problems. I think WS will have to answer that for you .......

Just checked it now and it's whirring for me too - so maybe a problem there not with us. Peregrine cam is working fine and that's the same set up.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Hopefully as it's whirring for you too Lai there isn't a problem, I will check out the Peregrine cam and see how that goes and fingers crossed the fox cam will be ok.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks for the links, photos and info Lai - there's just not enough hours in a day to keep up with everything at the moment !! Laughing
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:36 pm

I Agree Doogs. These cams are taking over ..................

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Must be the cam Lai as yes the Peregrine cam is just fine. Looks like it's pouring with rain there too.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Mwsna150

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:37 pm

That's good to know Littlewid, I mean about the cam not the rain! We're lucky today, dry at the moment Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Totally feel for the Peregrine as it's teaming down here today. Will check out the fox cam again later today.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Same picture that you had earlier Lai but at least I can see it and it means the cam is streaming again so you will be able to see it as well.
I wonder if dusk is a good time to try and see the foxes?
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Mwsna151

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 am

I would guess so Littlewid, maybe also first thing in the morning while all is quiet. Just had a look now and no one is around.

Latest from the Peregrine cam is not long now until the first hatching ... Very Happy
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Mwsna101

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Mwsna102 - a pip on one of the eggs cheers

Lots of activity with either Tom or Charlie moving the eggs round.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:44 pm

They've hatched Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 71418 ............ and I missed it What a Face Shocked

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Thats great news lai. Ca'nt see much at the moment either Charlie or Tom are settled on the nest, but there's a lot of noise like young and I could just see a glimpse of an egg. Normaly here are one, or two days beteen eggs hatching to give the first hatched the best chance of surviving
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Wa203

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Definitely all 3 have hatched WS - i've been following the latest updates on the righthand side of the screen and it said all 3 were just getting their first feed .... can't wait to see them.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Mwsna103 just now

3 bundles of fluff

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:20 pm

WOW That was quick did'nt expect all 3 to come at the same time. You've really got the timing right on this cam, it took me ages to get a clear shot of the pip on Dekorah Eagles eggs, and now you've got the little ones as well. Well Done
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Are you sure they are birds Lai and not bits of cotton wool ??? lol! Great to see all the eggs have hatched Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:12 am

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 40683 Doogs.

All quiet on the nest just now. Not sure whether it's Charlie or Tom sitting on them. Still seems to be pouring down with rain.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am

It's still pelting down, but it seems to be out of the wind, which is good. I do'nt know if they are under a overhang of some sort, but there does'nt seem to be any raindrops landing on the parent. It's difficult to tell who's on, The female is larger, but unless you see them together its hard to judge. The other give away is that the female is ringed, and the male is'nt, but again if they are on the chicks you cant see the legs scratch
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 5 Wa205

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 pm

How lovely that they have all hatched together. I have just had a peek in and it's still pouring with rain and either Tom or Charlie is keeping the chicks warm, as WS says it's hard to see who it is becuase they have their back to the camera and legs underneath them. Will try and remember to check again later.
Thanks for letting us know the good news about the hatchings Lai.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:44 pm

WS they are in a sort of man made box so they are sheltered. The box was cleaned out before Charlie laid the eggs so it was all clean from last year.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next