Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

+3
whitestarling
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
7 posters

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  whitestarling Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks for the info Lai. It's good that they have shelter, and also that its been cleaned, and should be infection free
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am

Feeding time just now - all 3 looking well.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna104

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna105

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna106

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna107

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Aren't they just adorable Lai I love you they are lovely pictures, it's amazing how little balls of white fluff turn into big powerful birds.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm

I Agree Littlewid - they grow so quickly, it's amazing and they are soooooooooooo noisy Very Happy .

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Noisy is healthy though Lai, so getting an ear bashing whilst looking in on them is good news really.......long live the noise Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:12 pm

I don't know if this is Charlie or Tom but they were trying to have a little rest
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna157
and you could hear the little ones sqwaking from underneath, so Charlie or Tom has been wriggling around and is now facing the other way, the chicks are being kept huddled underneath but they are still making quite a racket, it's a bit like mum wanting a Saturday afternoon rest and the kids keep disturbing her Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:20 pm

No foxes on the cam but lots of bird activity. loads of little birds flying in and out but tooo quick to capture but the Pigeons are having a high old time feeding.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna158
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks Littlewid. I keep checking the fox cam and missing the activity (according to the blog) I think I will have to check very early morning or at dusk.

Good to see Charlie/Tom on the nest and to hear the chicks are all making lots of noise cheers

Checked just now and it's Raining but all quiet.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:35 pm

I've just checked this again Lai and it's all quiet, not even a little bird at the moment. Like you I need to check this early morning or at dusk, don't think the afternoons are much good for the foxes. If I get time in the morning before I go to work I will have a peek and will try and remember this evening to check again.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:56 pm

I've also checked it a few times, but no luck so far, its just timing I guess.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:47 am

Just had a quick peek at Fox cam but no luck at the moment, a few pigeons and a Magpie on the bird bath but thats all, I reckon these foxes are going to be hard to see.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna161
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 am

What a Face thanks for checking Littlewid. It's one of those things, unless you can watch it 24/7 we may miss them Shocked

Not good news on Peregrine cam - one of the chicks is not getting fed and looking very weak, see blog on the righthand side for updates Sad

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 am

Sadly it really does'nt look good for the 3rd Chick. Just watched Charlie feeding them, and the 3rd Chick is squashed underneath the other two, it does'nt seem to have the strengh to even lift its head for food, and is being ignored in the feeding process. Perhaps with all the bad weather we've been having Mum, and Dad have'nt been able to make enough kills, and as we know it's always the weakest who suffer, and thats nature unfortunatly. The strong have a better chance of survival, and thats better for the future gene pool of each species
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Wa260

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Wa1103

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:06 pm

True WS - but hard to watch, and these Peregrines are such magnificent birds. Let's hope chick #3 gets enough food to pull through.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Awwww bless Crying or Very sad Fingers crossed for the little one
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Watched for a while while Charlie/Tom was off the nest. Not looking good, the weakest chick can't get up or raise it's head and the other 2 seem to squash it all the time and use it as a pillow Sad Shocked

Then watched the 2 being fed, but with the parent's back to camera so couldn't see where #3 was or if it got any food.

Sad to watch this cam at the moment.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna112

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna113 - #3 is closest to the cam

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:02 pm

And just now .....Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna114

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna115

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna116

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Oh dear, poor little toot Crying or Very sad Thanks for posting Lai
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 pm

All 3 up being fed, but #3 keeps missing out Sad Sad
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna117 Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna118

Very Happy good news it just got a little food - fingers crossed it was enough for now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Thats just put my heart in my mouth Lai, lets hope that little chick 3 has had enough for now and it keeps him going. I understand what you were saying WS about nature etc but it is just so hard when things like this happen. I will try and have a check in on them later.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Just had another look in and not sure if it's Charlie or Tom sitting on the chicks
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna162 then the other one flew in with some food.
The two healthy chicks were up and feeding almost straight way and the little 3rd one was being flattened by them
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna163
but the 3rd little one wasn't going to give up, he wriggled his way round from the back and tried so very hard to get the attention of mum or dad, sadly he was being constantly ignored and mum or dad concentrated on feeding the other two, then shuffled the chicks underneath them.
It was so hard to watch because he was really trying to battle for food but he wasn't getting any. I really don't hold up much hope for this little one, he is battling to thrive but it seems they have given up on him.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna164
The little 3rd one is actually the one nearest to us in the picture, he looks quite healthy in this picture but he is quite tiny compared to the others. My heart goes out to him tonight and I am very worried about him.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Just checked Fox cam and couldn't believe my luck......a Fox in the garden, he is sitting underneath the bird bath, it may be hard to see him but he is surely there and I wish I had waited a few seconds more before I captured him because he got up and walked away and it would have been a better picture for you to see, but at least we know they are there........I am dead chuffed to have seen him this evening.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna165
Woohoo, he came back again
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna166
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna167
This seems like a really good time to check in as he is really active at the moment, he has been eating out of the bowl on the floor and also wandering through the bushes by the pond, well worth checking out this cam in the evening, makes up for the little chick I posted about earlier......I hope he is ok.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Guys this cam is really busy tonight, there are now 3 foxes in the garden, mum and two little cubs, they have all been wandering around and its just fantastic to watch, they are so inquisitive and just seem to be having fun.
This is mum
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna168
One little cub on the path and one to the left of the picture hiding in the bushes
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna169
little one having a drink from the pond
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Mwsna170
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:50 pm

I agree with what you said earlier LW, it was just me being pragmatic, so I did'nt get to emotional about the thrid chick, but got some good pics earlier between 6 and 7. They were all huddled together, could'nt make out who was who, but I think the third Chick was on the far side.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Wa1104
The M/D came in with food, and the little one was at the head of the line, at got food, all three heads were raised. Then the Adult started to brood all three
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 6 Wa261
There does seem to be have been alot of food coming in today, and hopefully the two larger ones, have had their fill, so the little one is getting its share now
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Sadly WS I believe I was watching after your pics were taken and the little one didn't get a look in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him and hope he survives the night and has a better day tomorrow.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next