Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The importance of research

+3
Laikipia
whitestarling
Eurasian Guy
7 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The importance of research - Page 3 Empty Re: The importance of research

Post  Eurasian Guy Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:17 pm

hi WS are you still feeding your cat on that same food? our vet said we need to use it for 1 week then the capsules then back to normal? Sounds like yours is now on it permanently?
I have just fed sage, she ate it well without hesitation, her tongue still looks the same but her mood seems good so she is not going downhill. which has got to be great news
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

http://www.twinmoorview.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Yes EG, She is still on the same food we were advised to keep her on it as it prevents chrystel build up. We have'nt had a problem since, fingers X. I suppose it depends on whether Dillions diagnosis is the same as Poppys was. Good news on Sge hope it continues.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:12 pm

I meant to say EG. Poppy is an older Cat, She's 11 yrs old, and has always been a house Cat, which has caused her to be overweight. That ticked all the boxs for developing chrystals, we had to get her weight down, so that could be why we were told to keep her on the special food. Hope that helps
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eurasian Guy Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 am

thanks ws, the vets did not say Dillon had crystals for whatever reason he has a blocked bladder but as his bladder was empty this means he can pass urine apparently when they cannot pass it they can quickly die as they poison themselves as they cannot get rid or dilute the internal poison causing the blockage so it’s probably different.
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Ian

I will get back to the research stuff later and the good points WS makes but for now the important thing is Sage and Dillon. Poor Sages tongue looked nasty. I imagine that as she was eating it may have been difficult to know what was happening until she went a little off colour. It is good to know she has now got over her visit to the vets, I am sure being man handled did upset her a little, it's never nice being poked and prodded and being held down, it's no wonder it upset her, it's hard to tell any animal that it is for their own good, we just have to go with it and deal with their reactions afterwards as best we can.
I am sure now the antibiotics are in her system her tongue will improve and I bet they were given intramuscularly so they will work quicker.
That photo of her tongue was amazing, sad her tongue is poorly but what a stunning view of her mouth.
We are all thinking of her in the littlewid household and wish her well and thanks for keeping us updated.

Poor Dillon too, things like that can really make you panic can't they, especially when you see blood. I am sure if Dillon had cyrstals the vet would have seen them and like WS say's, usually they would have to be on a different diet long term to prevent them from happening again. I wonder if Dillon had a bladder stone and passed it without you knowing, that could account for the blood in the urine.
I have had two cats with bladder problems and you really feel for them, so please give Dillon a cuddle from all of us here and tell him we are thinking of him and hope he feels better soon.
We also send lots of Group Hug to you and Kate too, looking after one poorly pet is hard but having two poorly at the same time is hard and very worrying, so lots of love to you two as well and keep letting us know how both Sage and Dillon are going.

littlewid, Nero, Tiga, Sparkles & Splodge Group Hug
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

The importance of research - Page 3 Empty health update

Post  Eurasian Guy Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Right update time
Just been to the vets again with sage as arranged on the first visit, the vet suitably interested had carried out more research he cancelled the bacterial growth test as he became doubtful that the problem was bacterial, he said his research has pointed to a number of things including some kind of worm infection following a scrape of her tongue & a microscopic examination no worms were visible, so next on the list was a yeast infection his gut instinct was that is what is wrong with her we decided to treat her for both with a repeat appointment for next week to see how it’s going.
Dillon seems fine in himself as its internal it’s difficult to know if he is improving but as its fairly common so the cure is well practiced & proven aside from complications we are assuming he will make a full recovery.
Thank you all for your support & interest I will continue to keep you informed.
Kind regards.
Ian & Kate EG
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks for the update on both Sage and Dillon EG. Both sound positive, although in the case of Sage a little confusing with the unknown, let's hope their eliminations are correct and that the yeast infection is treatable and next week's visit to the vet finds Sage much improved and 100%.

Dillon sounds like he is going to be fine and you must be relieved you caught it in good time, again hoping for a full recovery soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks for letting us know, how Sage, and Dillon are going on EG, been thinking about them today, and glad that Sage is gettibg sorted, and Dillon seems to be on the mend
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eurasian Guy Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:58 pm

tia is food adict today she has not yet eaten her breakfast by this time she would be climbing the walls for her evening meal but instead she is hiding under the table in a dark room classic signs for a bitch getting ready to give birth so looks like we are now on to the next animal drama. wow whatever next this may take some time
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Eurasian Guy Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:13 am

since my last post have been helping tia with giving birth around 14 hours am now done in no sleep three born 2 girls & a black & white boy think she has finished but will give it another hour then go to bed,
turns out sages illness is some kind of avian thrush? has led to the decline in barn owls, its a killer for raptors so am now very concerned.
see pics of new arivals will post more when i wake up after a sleep

The importance of research - Page 3 00913

The importance of research - Page 3 00410
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:36 am

Oh Wow EG, they look gorgous, better make sure Mrs S does'nt see this pic, or you know what she'll say The importance of research - Page 3 40683 . You must be shattered, and on top of that worried about Sage with that news. I really hope She's going to be OK, and that Dillion is still improving
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:49 am

I love you I love you Tia and her 3 puppies. Well done to her and hoping you manage to get some sleep and that no more puppies appear.

I'm so sorry to hear about the avian thrush, that must be a great worry for you both, here's hoping your vet is able to help and Sage is okay. Keep us posted on Sage and of course Dillon, Tia and the pups.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Eurasian Guy Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:26 pm

New update feel asleep for an hour next to Tia & litter Kate went to bed on my advice, woke up all good apart from 1 pup had fallen away from mum so was a little colder but no big deal as I heard her so quickly rectified, at this point Tia was being a good mum then Tia started to get very agitated & hyper moving around a lot as if she was going back into labour around 5 hours later then I saw she had nasty discharge & was so upset she was being to harsh & clumsy with the pups so by way of an emergency we went back down the vets, had another injection to relax things so she might drop whatever is left inside her be it another pup or leftover afterbirth or something. We are so tired but mum seems a bit better now calmer etc.
Dillon seems great
Sage is hating her meds but she seems ok in herself………..
Whatever next?
i put some pictures on the www.twinmoorview.com website on the home page
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Good news re Dillon and Sage (can't blame anyone for not wanting any medication) hoping Sage will make a fast recovery once all the meds kick in.

Poor Tia - hoping the visit to the vet was successful and no complications. It's always a traumatic time with animals and birth.

I bet you all need some sleep now, Tia the pups and both of you.

Hoping you manage a quiet rest of the day.

Great photos on your website Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 pm

affraid You do'nt do things by half down there in Twinnmoor View do you, you'll be getting a loyalty card from the Vets next The importance of research - Page 3 40683 . Glad to hear Sage, and Dillion are coming on, and fingers crossed Tia will settle down now, and you can get some well earned rest
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eurasian Guy Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:04 pm

i really do hope things can now settle as we are done in, i noticed the vet posted a picture of sage on their facebbok page see link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charter-Vets/123735207671298?sk=wall#!/pages/Charter-Vets/123735207671298?sk=info
thanks for all the kind wishes & lets hope its not such a hectic 2012.

Last edited by Eurasian Guy on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:42 pm

WOW that's a great photo of Sage on their FB page.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Cracking Photo EG. Sage looks just like she's posing
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

The importance of research - Page 3 Empty all good now

Post  Eurasian Guy Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 am

This morning Dillon seems great full of the joys of spring (in December)
Sage is still not liking meds but looks like she is improving which was my biggest concern & the added worry that she would change towards that nasty man that forces her to take those horrible liquid (meds) never the less her illness has to be prioritized ahead of other concerns.
Tia has settled down no more bleeding or nasty discharge plus the anxiety has gone, she is now being a very attentive mum. The babies seem to be doing really well. Kate got up every 2 hours just to check on Tia & pups we were going to take turns but she just did it all.
In short it’s all good……………………..now

Re the white faced scops owl, I spoke to a friend who has had them in the past who is looking for a pair now he said they are brill, trainable friendly he said you could almost keep one in doors in a parrot cage, he went on to say the little owls are not so good they just want to hide away very shy.
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 pm

The importance of research - Page 3 71418 wonderful news EG - glad Tia and the pups are doing well, also fantastic that Dillon is full of the joys of spring (well we have passed the shortest day now)

Fingers crossed that Sage continues to improve and doesn't bear a grudge - I know our rescue greyhound Penny hates me putting pills down her throat, a regular event with all her injuries but she always forgives me !

Hoping you'll get a bit of rest now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Wow EG, what a time of it you have been having. it's great news that Dillon is feeling fine and dandy and that Sage is also improving on her medication, that really must be a huge relief for you and Kate and it's brilliant that she holds no grudges, I wonder if she associates all the handling and things in her mouth with feeling better?
Dear Tia, what beautiful puppies she has, they are simply adorable EG and I bet you have no trouble homing them to good homes. Glad she is now settled and recovered from giving birth and the little family can all get to know each other.
Hopefully you and Kate can get some well earned rest too and recover before christmas.
Off to look at the new pictures on your site and also the one of Sage on the vets FB page, should have done that before I replyed really Embarassed
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Great picture of Sage with martin the vet, although he looks a little nervous but Sage looks so relaxed, it's a stunning picture of her.

Pups on your home page I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you , Tia's a clever girl Group Hug

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

The importance of research - Page 3 Empty before & after

Post  Eurasian Guy Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 pm

all seems like its on the up see Sage's tongue now not yet 100% but so much better, i have also put the before treatment pic back up to compare.

The importance of research - Page 3 079_cr10

photo before treatment

The importance of research - Page 3 005_we12

2 of the pups

The importance of research - Page 3 040_sm10
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Great news that Dillion, now seems OK, and Sage really looks as though she's on the mend it does look a lot better. Lovely photos of the two Pups, looks like feeding time. Hope everything continues to go well.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eurasian Guy Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:38 pm

dont let Mrs WS see them though otherwise she might ask santa for a lvestock present lol
Eurasian Guy
Eurasian Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next