Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Thread

+5
Laikipia
littlewid
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
whitestarling
9 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Sports Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Sports Thread

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi all didn't get to watch the tennis at all or any of the one dayers.

Six nations starts Friday wooohoo but I prob won't be watching too much of that either.

Go England hope we beat the welsh

I got mobile Internet and will persevere with it but the screen is sooooo small

Hugs to all

Ttmx

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Hello TTM

We are missing you Sad but understand you are mad busy.

Catch up soon hopefully

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello

I've got 5 weeks and then i go to a permanent post and i will have some continuity in my life Very Happy I got one of the boys at work to set up my mobile internet so now am mobile..

WS - have you been ousted by the welsh lol! lol!

What a win, i got home from work at half time and watched the second half!! Sports Thread - Page 7 768480 Sports Thread - Page 7 768480

I can't believe we beat the welsh in wales, it was brilliant, was very disappointed that people booed jonny, he is a legend and crowds should show him respect. I was cheering him from OZ as i just I love you him

Sports Thread - Page 7 71418 Sports Thread - Page 7 71418 Sports Thread - Page 7 71418 Sports Thread - Page 7 71418 Sports Thread - Page 7 71418 Sports Thread - Page 7 71418 Sports Thread - Page 7 71418 Sports Thread - Page 7 71418

TTMx

Hope the irish and the scots win tonight - anyone watching????

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Felt quite sorry for Italy,they really did meet England when they were on fire today.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:00 am

Agreed TIgerburnie, I prefer to watch a closer game than that and I don't enjoy watching a team get beaten so badly

It will be nice if England wins the 6 nations

Ttm x

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 am

Am just watching a replay of the welsh/ scots game,

Scotland have got some good players, their coach didn't do much when he coached England

Ttm x

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:44 am

A good win for England Minty they played better than they did against the Welsh. The booing of Jonny Wilkinson was disappointing, as Rugby fans are usualy the fairest in any sport, and it does'nt have anything to do with his skill as a Rugbly player. The Welsh came good at last, and I cant see Ireland beating the French, but it all depends on which French team turns up as usual. I'm quite safe Minty. I can speak a bit of Welsh. Well enough to be able to order a Pint Sports Thread - Page 7 40683 and I can put on a very convincing Welsh accent
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Come on England you can do it,don't know about Scotland,they seem to have a lot of injuries and not playing well.I'd love Italy to win a game and Wales could be vulnerable too.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:19 am

cheers cheers We did it. Beat the Frech Sports Thread - Page 7 768480 It was tense, and quite a few mistakes, but we got there in the end, and good old Wilko really beautiful kick to make him top scorer, and settle it. Wales won but they are still not playing well. Fingers X for Scotland this afternoon TB
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Well England made heavy weather of beating the Scots,but it's off to Dublin next week for the championship and a Grand Slam.Will have to play better than that if we are going to worry anybody in the World Cup.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Seen the result TB, and it looks close. I could'nt watch it unfortunaltly as I've been working, so I'll have to watch the highlights if I can catch them ? if there are any. We always seem to make hard work of things scratch
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:04 pm

I think we always make hard work of it against the Scots. I don't think I saw much of the second half as I was getting so frustrated!

That poor fox that was running round the pitch prior to kick off, I can't believe it had been there all day and they hadn't attempted to catch it before. The poor thing look petrified!! Sad

WS, here are the highlights
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9423812.stm

And a clip of the fox
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9423677.stm
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm not much of a tennis fan but do like to keep an eye on the happenings at Wimbledon.

The ladies finalists have now been decided and it's the mens semi finals tomorrow. Great to see Andy Murray getting to the latter stages. Here's hoping he plays well against Nadal tomorrow to get through to the final at the weekend.

Good Luck Andy Sports Thread - Page 7 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Sports Thread - Page 7 768480 Come on Murray, lets see you in the Final. I think he's playing better than he did last year, and seems to have more confidence, but Nadal's a tough apponent
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 am

I am taking this afternoon off to watch as I love Wimbledon - especially the mens. Can't wait, so let's hope the rain stays away!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Wow the Tsonga v Djokovic match was tense. Djokovic won in 4 sets. So he's in the finals. Now going to watch Murray v Nadal.

Lai Sports Thread - Page 7 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Don't follow the Tennis but I know what happend in the Murray match but wont say a word incase others have recorded it.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Disappointed that Andy lost another semi final at Wimbledon Sad but to be fair to Nadal he deserved to win, much better player on the day.

Good to see new faces winning both the ladies and mens finals on Saturday & Sunday. Just caught the tail end of the ladies down in Glasgow then most of the mens once we got home on Sunday. Some of the mens rallies were amazing Sports Thread - Page 7 853843 It amazes at times how can they return that ball at the speed it's going at affraid Laughing
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:50 pm

The mens final was probably not the best match of the tournament but good to see Djokovic winning, although I am a huge Nadal fan its lovely to see another player coming in and doing so amazingly well.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Don't follow the Tennis guy's but it is nice to have a different champion from Nadal, just a shame Andy couldn't be it.

This weekend my Bro-in-Law is off to Silverstone for the Grand Prix......lucky devil......also my 5yr old great nephew had fun the other day, he went to the festival of Speed and sat in Lewis Hamiltons championship car, met Mark Webber and sat in a Ferrari. He was over the moon and i'm a tad envious of him but glad he had such a fab birthday pressie and day out.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:35 pm

I think you said on the 'Lets Talk' thread your bro-in-law had a good but Rain day at the Grand Prix, is that right LW ?

What a fantastic birthday for your nephew, he's not going to forget that in a while Sports Thread - Page 7 71418

Will anyone be watching the golf this weekend ? Looks like they are going to get better weather than the Scottish Open last week. I love watching the big golf tournaments on the TV so I for one will be glued to the TV over the next few days Sports Thread - Page 7 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Errrrr LW are you envious of your Nephew meeting Mark Webber, and Lewis Hamilton. Or him sitting in a Formula Car, and a Farrari Shocked just wondered Sports Thread - Page 7 40683 . Will be watching the highlights Doogs, working the weekend Mad
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:07 pm

That's a shame WS Crying or Very sad In the pub ? At least you'll see the highlights, better than nothing Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Well I must say I've loved my weekend doing nothing but watching golf and racing Sports Thread - Page 7 71418

Couple of winners in the horses which meant a wee bit of profit Cool Wink

The golf was won by Irishman Darren Clarke and there was not a dry eye in the house when he gave his winning speech. Darren lost his wife Heather back in 2006, aged 39 after a long fight with breast cancer. It is well documented how badly his wife's death affected Darren so for him to win this major tournment is just fantastic. He has a new lady in his life so things, at long last, are looking up for Darren, he thoroughly deserved his win today Sports Thread - Page 7 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:42 pm

WS - Not sure if this is something you'd be interested on but I'll put it on here just incase. It's a documentary filmed this year about Rory McIlory that was on BBC N/Ireland but is available on BBC iPlayer for the next 3 days

Ladies - it's worth watching to see his house !!!! (and cute dogs wagging tail )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012gqzc

Doogs Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next