Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land of the Lost Wolves

4 posters

Go down

Land of the Lost Wolves Empty Land of the Lost Wolves

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 pm

On BBC1 tonight and tomorrow at 9am, with the lovely Gordon Buchanan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01fnfr5

looks like itll be really interesting
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Land of the Lost Wolves Empty Re: Land of the Lost Wolves

Post  littlewid Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 pm

I watched this tonight PPH and it was a good watch, mind you I have never known Gordon to do rubbish. I adore Wolves so it was hard to hear some peoples attitudes to them in the programme but then I suppose it's the same as in Kenya etc where people want to protect their livestock against big cats. Sad that the Outlook pack seemed to have dwindled but plenty of wolves to come from the look of it. Loved Robowolf, he looked fairly realistic. Looking forward to tomorrow nights.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm

I know what you mean LW, one thing that never fails to anger me is ignorant people who are stuck in their ways and won't listen to reason

I understand that they have to protect their livestock but demonising and spreading fear of the wolf s a terrible way of doing this.

Yes wolves have attacked humans but mainly when they feel threatened or when they are protecting their young. This is a natural animal instinct that even humans have
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Just seen this thread PPH Embarassed it's also under another thread. We watched it last night and really enjoyed bits of it but found some of it so sad. Lookout pack being wiped out made me angry and sad, and as for that horrible man, i bet he's someone who would pay $$$s to go and shoot lions/leopards in SA. He was totally out of order.

Having said that we'll be watching tonight's episode and hoping for some good news. GB is a star, and must be fit to make it up that mountain What a Face I loved the Husky's joining in with the howling Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:05 am

Not watched this yet but did read what the programme was going to be about and thought it might be a weepy at times. As you've all said GB always produces good programmes so looking forward to watching this Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:22 pm

I agree with you PPH, demonising wolves is not the way to go, if they were treated with the respect they deserve things would not be so bad, as you say, it's ignorance that breeds contempt.

It is sad about the Lookout pack Lai but last night it was good to hear that their line has not diminished with collard female.
I thought Yasmin was very brave/controlled to go out shooting with that man, I don't think I could have done it, to see an animal I adored and had spent years protecting just shot for no reason would have been to much for me to handle, I would have had to nudge his arm as he shot so he missed......and what a twit anyway, he thought an Elk was a Wolf Land of the Lost Wolves 615959

Doogs you will enjoy this, even though we have nattered about it, it's so worth the watch.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm

it was funny when he kept on saying 'its a wolf, its a wolf,' only for yasmin to day 'nope its an elk'

I can maybe understand the people who are afraid of wolves wanting to kill them because they are afraid but the people like him who want to kill wolves because they kill deer/elk and that spoils his fun because he can't go out and kill the deer/elk that I don't understand
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:13 pm

I kept thinking if you can't tell the difference between an Elk and a Wolf, you shouldn't have a gun matey.

Yes if you have lost livestock or a person to a wolf attack you can see some reasoning behind peoples fear and wanting to kill them but yes to want to shoot Wolves because they are "spoiling your fun" is not only a childish attitude but says something about the person, ie, they get a right kick out of killing and thats very worrying.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down