Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice Cream Olympics

5 posters

Go down

Ice Cream Olympics Empty Ice Cream Olympics

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:10 pm

We went over to Nantwich in Cheshire to see Mrs S's Sister for her Birthday today. Every year we pass Snugburys Ice Cream which is based at a farm on the outskirts of Nantwich. Some of you will remember I've posted pics before on the statues they create out of straw. The Meerkat, and the Polar Bear, this is Olympic year so, this is this years offering.
Ice Cream Olympics 00412

Ice Cream Olympics 00512

Ice Cream Olympics 00710

A brief explanation of how it was constructed, taken off the notice board, plus some of the others they've done over the years.
Ice Cream Olympics 01411

Ice Cream Olympics 01111

Ice Cream Olympics 01211

Ice Cream Olympics 01312

There were also some Koone Koone Piglets in a field at the side, the name is pronounced Cooney Cooney, they come from New Zealand although not native there as all farm animals were imported it is not known where they orginated from. The name in Mouri means fat, and round.
Ice Cream Olympics 00113

Ice Cream Olympics 00212

Finaly as your proberbly wondering what all this has to do with Ice Cream, one of their specials this year, its
LIP LICKING DROOLING TIME GUYS

Ice Cream Olympics 01512

They do'nt do one with Boddies Mad , so I did'nt have one must have a word with them about that Ice Cream Olympics 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Ice Cream Olympics Empty Re: Ice Cream Olympics

Post  Doogs Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:56 pm

WOW that is fantastic. They certainly did their research well to get something as realistic as that.

I did see the Meerkat one a couple of years ago, it was HUGE !!

The Koone Koone Piglets pig are adorable, I do like piggies I love you

Boddingtons ice cream now there's a thought 🤢 and what do you mean you didn't have an ice cream WS !!! Ice Cream Olympics 615959 Head Banger
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Ice Cream Olympics 768480 WS. I remember you posting photos before. They are brilliant with their straw sculptures and this year's is just as good as ever.

Shame about the boddy's icecream, or lack of .... I love icecream so have to stay away from snugbury's.

I mustn't show Pete the Koone Koone piglets, he's always on about us having some pigs! They do look fantastic, but I don't want to start with pigs!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Thats a brilliant one for this year WS bounce I remember the other ones as well, they really do such a fantastic job don't they and i'm loving this years but 7 tons......thats a lot of weight isn't it.
Those Koone Koone piglets re adorable pig no wonder Pete wants some little piglets Lai, mind you I think they are fairly hard work aren't they, lots of cleaning out, protecting their skins in the summer but I think pigs can also be fun as well.

That ice cream looked like heaven and I can't believe you didn't have one WS No No maybe you could put an order in for next year for a Boddies one WS No Boddys Here!

Looks like you and Mrs S had a lovely day out and I am sure her sister had a lovely birthday.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks WS Ice Cream Olympics 768480

I really love the meerkat and polar bear. I find it amazing that thingys like these can be created. How do sculptors do it? I can't even bake a cake Ice Cream Olympics 40683

But there is something clearly missing in this thread. Since we are talking straw, I feel a strong urge to make a list of these creations and to find out which is best, take a poll Wink
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 pm

affraid A straw poll No Your getting worse GR ( That means your getting better ) Ice Cream Olympics 40683 Ice Cream Olympics 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 am

We are definitely on the same wave length Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down