Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Olympics - day 8

5 posters

Go down

London Olympics - day 8 Empty London Olympics - day 8

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:29 am

Our second visit to the Olympics was to Greenwich Park to watch the team showjumping. An absolutely stunning venue with the London skyline as a backdrop. The jumps were all beautifully made and all had a London theme. The arena was packed and we sat there enjoying only one rain shower - the only downfall was the really appalling food What a Face

A few photos to follow.

We had seats looking at Queens House
London Olympics - day 8 Ols2010

The London skyline
London Olympics - day 8 Ols2110

London Olympics - day 8 Ols2210

Nick Skelton - TeamGB
London Olympics - day 8 Ols2310

Ben Maher - TeamGB
London Olympics - day 8 Ols2410

I can't remember who this is but he looks like he is trying to climb the fence
London Olympics - day 8 Ols2510

Scott Brash - TeamGB
London Olympics - day 8 Ols2610

Jose Maria Larocca - Argentina riding as an individual - very expressive face Very Happy
London Olympics - day 8 Ols2710

London Olympics - day 8 Ols2810

London Olympics - day 8 Ols2910

We took the boat to Greenwich from the London Eye and had this wonderful view of Tower Bridge
London Olympics - day 8 Ols3010

A truly memorable day as I absolutely love showjumping I love you

Lai Laughing

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

London Olympics - day 8 Empty Re: London Olympics - day 8

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Not that I can really remember but I am notsure if I have ever seen gate sso beautifully decorated in an olympics before Lai, they really did a grand job didn't they and seeing London Bridge I think London and Great Britain have really done a superb job with our Home Olympic Hosting.

Those horses are just beautiful aren't they and again brilliant motion shots Lai, I reckon all your classes you have attended have really paid off big time, fantastic shots London Olympics - day 8 768480

One question, do the horses mind wearing those little ear hats and why do they wear them? is it for decoration or for a purpose so they dont get distracted? they do make them look smart though don't they.

Until you see it like that you dont realise our skyline is looking so American in places but I do really like the shots.

I did see a little of the show jumping but not much, I wished I had seen more and what a fantastic day you must have had and by the looks of it great seats as well.

Really enjoyed looking at those Lai, thanks a lot London Olympics - day 8 71418

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks Littlewid, I admit I really enjoyed having a go at action shots and will definitely keep trying. Yes the skyline is a bit American looking now and it's great to get to see it. Also travelling along the river was a wonderful experience.

The horses do get distracted by the noise and often they have cotton wool in their ears so those keep it in. They all looked so well groomed and beautiful.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Lai and yes they do look very smart, well groomed and the little ear hats suit them and at least it's not something that hurts them and i'm sure the cotton wool just muffles the noise and doesn't make them feel deaf.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm

London Olympics - day 8 768480 Great shots again Lai, what a great place to have the Equestrian events, fabulous scenery for a City, and as LW says the fences look really good. Fantastic photos of the riders, and horses, jumping the fences, and I bet the ride down the Tames, was really special.
WS

Ps Oh so thats what the ear things are for to keep the cotton wool in. Hmmm I dont suppose you know where I could get some albino albino albino London Olympics - day 8 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks WS and ROFL you'd miss all our daily albino albino albino

Lai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Only getting round to catching up with this thread Embarassed and boy was it worth catching up with !!! Very Happy

I was jealous to know you were going to this before you got there Lai but after seeing the pictures I'm now even more alien with envy !! Looks like it was an absolutely amazing day and just loving your photographs, they are brilliant, so clear and really capturing the moment. You must have been pretty close to the action by the closeness and quality of those shots Cool

The arena was pretty spectacular and I also loved how it had a London theme Wink Pretty shocking that the food was terrible and I bet it cost a fortune as well Mad

Racehorses also wear 'earplugs' - they are used to prevent the horses being wound up or distracted by the noise/atmosphere.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 pm

cheers Doogs. I've a reasonably good lens but also had good seats!

Lai

Last edited by Laikipia on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Wow Lai! So great you got to actually got to see the games in person! What an experience it must have been! Those really are great shots too. I can only speak from what I saw on TV but they really had London looking beautiful, and your pics only support it.

I totally agree LW, Very good job on the games. I thought everything from the opening ceremonies to the closing last night was great. A good mix of things for all age groups. It really is wonderful to see these athletes get their chance to shine in front of the world. Win or lose, what a special experience it must be to actually compete in an Olympic event.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Thanks Ronnie. We were lucky, we got the seats we applied for in that chaotic pot luck system we had all those months ago! I can't complain as it was athletics and equestrian we really wanted to see Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:14 pm

You certainly were one of the few lucky ones Lai applying for and getting what you wanted Wink Cool
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down