Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful World of Australia

+2
Doogs
PIR
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 Empty Re: The Wonderful World of Australia

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:26 pm

You have some great pics there Giraffe boy The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 768480 my fav has to be the Owl 2 but I also love the little bird above him, very cute I love you and those are little Tazmanian Devils aren't they :?: It looks an amazing place to visit. As it's a sanctaury are all the animals rescued for various reasons GR? I am not brilliant on Lizzards but is that a Monitor Lizzard at the beginning of your second lot of pics? he looks a rather cool Dude Cool

Nice share there Giraffe boy cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 Empty Re: The Wonderful World of Australia

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 pm

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 768480 Great pics GR thanks for sharing them. It looks like a really lovely place to go, and relax, and it certainly has a wide variety of Animals. That looks like a Lace Monitor to me, and I also love the Owl to.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:19 am

I am liking Giraffe boy Very Happy

I think the giant lizard was an Iguana, and he was probably my favourite character there. That little bird flew right down next/near to me, and sat there for a long time (it was in a bird aviary section). Those two furry critters are indeed tasmanian devils!

I am not sure if all the animals are rescued, but you could be right LW. WS, it's a very nice place regardless of the animals; lots of nice creeks and picnic areas.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:46 am

I think you'll find its a Monitor GR.
The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 145
That really sounds even better GR with creeks and places to picnic. Hopefully it's well away from the fires ravaging parts of Australia. Some of the tempretures we are hearing on the news, and the scenes we are seeing from Tasmania and parts of Australia are unbelievable What a Face

WS
Giraffe Boy Hmmm. I thought Lai was the AKA Queen, but I think you've got as many alias's as she has The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:33 pm

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 853843 thanks for posting your piccys GR, there's some really good ones there and you obviously had a good day out Cool I do like the Tasmanian Devils so love that shot Very Happy

Because it was so close and it looked so big I thought that 1st picuture on your second post was a Komodo Dragon !!! Embarassed

I take it those are all bats that are hanging upside down ?? Laughing
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:02 pm

I think it depends on the size Doogs there's a chance it could be a Komodo, there are some in Aussie Zoos. Lacy Monitors can grow up to 6ft 10ins, and Komodos over 10ft. They both look similar in pics. I will try to find a Komodo pic to compare
Your right they are Bats, in actual fact they are retired Bats men, since we thrashed em in the Ash's Starting left to right Ponting, Langer, Hussey, ect and the list goes on The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683 The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Oooooo Giraffe boy you need to get back to WS on that one........don't be LBW'd by him No No

Glad you likey Giraffe boy, has a sense of being forever young Very Happy

Whatever the Lizzard is he is a fine specimen of a Lizzard Very Happy and how lovely that the little bird came and rested near you, he is such an a adorable little thing......or was it a little female bird......did you practice any chat up lines for your dating GR I love you

The sanctuary sound slovely with all the picnic areas and creeks, so much niicer for all the animals as well and obviously te birds are catered for, they even have their own table going by your pictures The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

LW at the end of that post your supposed to say.
I'm not one to cause trouble BUT

WS The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks for monitoring that WS lol!

I have to sheepishly say that I haven't even heard too much myself about the fires in Tasmania and so forth. I did catch a little of it on the telly a few days back, but I hardly ever watch television (find it usually a waste of time and prefer DVD's) and don't get the newspaper. I suppose I know that bad stuff happens in the world; maybe I see that hearing of some of it now is pointless? I don't know, perhaps I am ignorant then, or if not, will become so!

As for the fires, these would be our first bad ones for three years? I think it was three or four years ago that we had devastating fires in Victoria. It really was horrible; there were a huge number of deaths. It was far worse than any other bushfire in history. In Australia we will always have them, people just have to accept that in certain situations they need to leave their house and not try to save it. It would be great to live in the bush for the nature, but then you would be worried every time that summer arrives.

Lai posted my nicknames recently...somewhere. I think there were already about five!

Yes Doogsy, bats indeedy. Komodo? And I thought I was off with Iguana! Maybe you ought to join the bats in their enclosure Razz

And we can get some more blood back to your head Laughing

WS, don't defend Doogs; I've got her on the ropes here!

Oh Foxrobin. From ashes to ashes, amen! You Poms really go over the top when you win an ashes series. It's almost like when we won the America's Cup in '83. Cause you know, it's such a rarity. Whereas when we win we don't even celebrate, since its kind of expected Razz

LW, I am forever young, unlike some of our Aussie batsman who thought they were Laughing I thought Ponting was going to be like Mike Gatting!

As for that little bird, it flew away after a little while, so I definitely need the practise Laughing

gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:04 am

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 768480 GR - those are great photos, what an amazing collection of animals/birds they have there. Not sure about the lizzardy thing, over to WS for that (he's ace on researching things) Very Happy

Nicknames - now where did I list yours GR? That might take a while to locate but yes you have a lot of AKA's (at least 5)

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 am

Off the top of my head we have:

GR
Profound Parrot
Giraffey Boy
Onesie Man

That's all I've got. Then there are all those ones people have called me in their heads but haven't posted Laughing
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:29 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:48 am

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 768480 GR - that's it but also Kookaburra

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 45922 I think you've covered them though.

Well done Onesie Man
aka
all the rest .... The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 am

Talking of nicknames I found a new one for Mrs S yesterday. Chuckle Butty

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:33 am

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 45922 WS - not sure I dare ask .................... ?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:41 am

Well Mrs S did. I said because you always make me laugh, and your good enough to eat Very Happy
She said I was a creep What a Face
I said yes, but you have to admit I'm good at it The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683
To which she agreed Very Happy Very Happy
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 pm

The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683 WS You the man that is just so sweet I love you

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 am

ROFL WS ROFL

Does Mrs 'S' stand for spider? If so then you being a CREEPy crawly is totally natural The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 pm

No No It stands for Sweetheart, and my S stands for SuperSmoothie
I think you might need me to come along on your first internet date, you could do with some proper chatup lines, and I'm good in Pubs to drunken
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 pm

lol! WS - that's a snappy answer and not a bad idea at all The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 768480

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 pm

lol! WS will say and do anything to get himself into a pub......he's deffo a creepy crawlie when smoothing into a pub The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683 The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 am

WS as my wingman doesn't sound like a bad idea at all!

Super smooth starling and profound parrot working the women. Who could resist our charms? Razz
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:47 am

silent silent silent - That's a no comment from me you two.

Lai queen albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:39 am

Of course it is Lai. We leave women speechless.

Razz
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:31 am

silent To right Buddie The Wonderful World of Australia - Page 3 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next