Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:06 pm

That sounds like a truely wonderful evening Lai, he is an amazing man isnt he, especially for his age and now he's off to Borneo, he puts a lot of people younger than him to shame with all his energy and passion.
No wonder he doesnt like rats, what a ghastly experience that was but on the other hand, what a story to have to tell, mind you, I bet he would rather not have the story to tell What a Face 
Emmerdale has been epic, I think its always been a really good soap but its never quite had the recognition but hopefully now it will, I love it.

http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c  Strictly tonight, cant wait Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 2224760601 hope you and your mum enjoy.

Hope your last few hours at work went quickly GR, working on a Saturday is not nice at all, it messes up your weekend but then I suppose the weekend pay is nice, hopefully you had a nice afternoon when you got home.
Thanks for the hugs and kisses from Bella and Leo Group Hug  I am feeling much better than I was thanks.

I have nothing major planned for this weekend, just a bit of a quiet one, the weather is not too grand and I heard earlier that we may be in for a thunder storm tomorrow, Summer has definiately gone from here, seems as though you are the one with the sunny  GR.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:57 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid STRICTLY IN STEREO NOWaffraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 am

http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c  http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c  http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c  you can never have enough Strictly WS.

We had an major thunder storm last night and were out with the dogs, we all came back as drowned rats and I had forgotten to put their coats on What a Face  still it seems to have cleared the air and today is fresh and a bit of sunny 

Have a great Sunday everyone, and hope you can some good relaxing in today Littlewid. I'm sorting my Camargue photos, I took 2409 in 3 days, I have never taken so many in all my life but am now down to 604 and still sorting .............. those wild horses were beautiful Laughing 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Oh no that must have been miserable to get caight out in the thunder storm Lai and not nice for the dogs either, it takes ages for them to get dry doesnt it. They predicted thunder storms here today but I woke up to rain and loads of wind, then it settled and the sun came out, then it came down with such a force later when I was driving you couldnt see in front of you and the roads were flooding, then It stopped and the sun came out, I took Nero for a walk and then just got in before it did it again and we now have quitea black evening but it will brighten up with a dose of Strictly Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 71418 

I have been out and about looking for a coffee machine, im not sure which make I want but I want one that makes Lattes not just esspress and I dont want one that just uses water and creamer, I want the steamer to boil your milk, does anyone have one thats really good?

I brought a lovely owl decoration for christmas today, he is made from woven twigs if that makes sense and he has lights in him, it is really a lot nicer than I describe and if I ever get this picture posting sorted I will post one of him at christmas.

Hows everyone elses weekend going? Im just having a quiet one but still managed a lovely Latte and cake and shopping into today.

Oh I meant to say, I am really looking forward to your pics when you have managed to sort them Lai, thats a huge amount to take and to then have to dwindle them down, not an easy job I am sure.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Ooooooooooooooooh that sounds lovely Littlewid, please get this photo thing sorted and post a pic of your new owl Christmas dec.  I was just saying to my mum today I need to buy some new ones this year.  

We've just had another massive rain storm, but thankfully were back from our walk, the smell of wet dog last night was What a Face 

We have a Nespresso machine, it does latte and boils the milk.  There are several different models now and ours is quite a few years old but it's a good one and you can get all different capsules for it depending on the coffee you like.  Having said that there are numerous ones around now, it might be worth a visit to John Lewis or somewhere similar for a look at all the options.  I think it was quite pricey but it's lasted a long time Very Happy 

I'm now down to 496 and all photo'd out by next weekend I hope to have finished and done a slideshow but it depends on the week ahead.

Have a good evening everyone and take care in this weather.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:01 pm

I have a fantastic one LW, its called Mrs S Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 40683 . We have'nt had any thunder storms but we have had heavy bursts of rain, and its been a bit windy at times. It seems to alternate between one nice day, and then a bad one, although having said that yesterday was bad, and todays not much better up to now. Really looking forward to your Camargue photos Lai. I've seen shots of them before, and as you say they are beautiful. Have to sort your pic problem out LW

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Good evening one and all Very Happy 

Well what a dark miserable evening we have here, thank heavens I managed to walk Nero in between the down pours. The weather does seem to have become wet and windy for everyone apart from GR who is enjoying the summer season Razz 

Thanks for the info on the coffee machine Lai and your right there are so many around its hard to choose, I need to do lots of research so I make sure its the right one but the choice is endless.

WS what you like calling Mrs S a coffee machine affraid 

Well I had a result yesterday, I upgraded my sky HD box as they kept putting the notice on the tv to get one free, so I called and got one. Me being me kept asking about a hidden agenda as you get nought for free these days and the girl kept assuring me that it was all free and like for and I just had to unplug one box and plug in the new box and it would work the same all round the house, there was no hidden agenda or charges and everything would work the same, so I went for it. Anyway it arrived and I asked a friend of mine who works for sky to set it up as the instruction book was not that simple after all, he then told me they dont come with an IO link to be able to connect to my tv in my bedroom, they are charging people £25 for one, so it was a rouse after all, so I phoned sky and explained this and what I had been told and surprisingly they have credited my account so I can order one for free cheers apparently they are not doing this for anyone else my friend knows who has had the same problem so I am wondering if its because I caught them on what I had previously been told. I know its only £25 but it was the principle of being told it was like for like, no hidden expense etc, so I was pretty chuffed and I didnt even have to get angry on the phone which is even better.

Right I need to put some lights on as I am now sitting in the dark What a Face 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:17 pm

The weather here is the same LW very black after one or two sunny spells although not for long, and the longer range weather forcast is for more to come. Not sure about GR with all the news about the fires in OZ, I know our friends in the suburbs of Sidney are suffering from the smoke. Sky are very sneaky I've found, but if you complain they seem to offer you anything to make you stay with them. Lights on here too

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 am

Sky No  Suspect  they are always offering something for nothing so that's great you got a credit Littlewid, they drive me mad with their endless phones calls!

Wet and windy again, the dogs hate it and so do I affraid 

Have a good day everyone.

Lai cheers 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 pm

its been a lovely day here in the 'shires but last night was a different day altogether. Wild and woolley is the only way I can call it, thunder, lightning and lots of rain.

today has been a lovely crisp autumnal day, I went for a bike ride down the abandoned road near work, unfortunately I had some horrible news that my granddad had died suddenly. He was 83 and totally doolally but he was generally in good health so it was a shock. So sometime soon I'll be making my way home for the funeral
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 pm

PPH I am so sorry to hear your news Group Hug that is sad, it doesnt matter that he was a little doolally or 83, he was your Grandad and its never nice when it happens so I would like to send you my condolences and a Hugs Funerals are never nice but hopefully the sun will shine for him and his life can be remembered with sunny affection.

Sounds as if that rotten weather was wide spread last night, we had the same here and it was so dark still when I left for work I think Nero thought I was leaving him in the middle of the night!
Pleased you managed to get in a nice bike ride today though. How are you feeling now? Are you coping with work ok?

WS, I didnt realise there had been fires in Australia, GR was messaging me on FB the other day and he was talking about the summer sunshine, thats why I made the comment about him being the only one with sunshine. Sadly there always seems to be fires in Australia when the summer comes, not good for the residents or the wildlife.

I have been selling raffle tickets for the Guides Dogs, its their Christmas raffle, lots of people , infact all the memebers of my Rheumatology team brought one or two tickets and I have brought some too, all in a good cause to help keep the training of guide dogs going. I have lots of animal charity christmas catalogues to go through and buy some little christmas presents from and my christmas cards, so I had better make time to go through them all, it all helps the animals which is brilliant.

My tablet is not working too brilliantly with the new fibre broadband, apparently they dont have the capacity for the speed, so its very up and down and it is annoying me a bit, so I am thinking of buying a laptop as that will be better but I will still keep this as well, but as you all know, going and doing things slow is not really my style, I like to be speedy, its the fast lane or no lane for me, I have still not learnt to dawdle very well lol! 

Nearly the weekend, just tomorrow and Friday to go, does anyone have anything nice planned?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Lagging behind again in this thread so thought I’d better catch up before it gets out of hand !!

Ooooh GR your circus claim to fame affraid well you thought it was a affraid but of course they were only clowning around :lol!:and you were in safe hands.  I did have a wee giggle at your contrast in choice of holiday destinations next year, they just seemed to contradict each other but both would be fabulous to visit.  Iceland might just get the thumbs up if your book is based there Cool   You have your works night out tomorrow for your work mentor leaving, hope it’s a good night.

Loving the sound of DA Lai, gosh :pale:is he really 87, certainly doesn’t  look it, I bet he is a dream to interview, just comes across as that sort of guy.  Amazing he doesn’t like rats but he seems to have a good reason not too !!  Borneo programme will be great I’m sure.  Can’t wait to see your wild horse photos Very Happy

LW I hope you are now back to full health after your scare Group Hug    Any joy with the coffee machine ?  Well done for persevering with Sky and getting your money back for the IO Link. £25 is £25 and it’s better off in your pocket than in Sky’s bank account !   How are you finding your change over to Infinity, any better ?

LOL WS, you are obviously totally spoiled by Mrs S Wink   You seem to be getting very unsettled weather lately, we’ve been rather lucky and it’s been braw most of the week.  Are you still doing some shifts in the pub ?  http://www.picgifs.c 

Very sorry to hear about your grandad PPH, never easy to lose someone that close, my thoughts are with you.  

Well our Kenya trip is fast approaching and thankfully things seem to have settled down over there so not as concerned about going as we were a few weeks ago.  After today I have 6 full working days, a weekend then we head off on Monday the 4th, whoop whoop Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 853843    Overnight flight to Nairobi, straight out to the Mara when we get there, 5 nights in the Intrepids until the Sunday, 2 nights at the Tribe Hotel in Nairobi before heading back overnight on Tuesday the 12th Very Happy – I soooo can’t wait !

It was bingo night last night and I shared £40 with another member by shouting on 2 lines so £20 to me, divided by 3 left us with just over £6.50 each, Laughing – something is better than nothing.  Working tonight, quiet weekend planned and then working 11-6 in the pub on Sunday.

Doogs cheers   
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Group Hug  PPH, so sorry to hear your sad news, lots of hugs and sympathy from me just now.

It sounds like you are doing brilliantly with the raffle tickets for Guide dogs for the blind Littlewid, well done you, they are such a great charity.
I can't get Adobe flash on my tablet so miss out on all sorts of bits and pieces, my laptop is better than my PC as so far hasn't let me down. Our BB is okay since our new router and BT were sorting out my office BB yesterday so all being well I should be hunky-dory now.

Oh my word Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 71418  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 853843  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 71418  not long to wait now. How exciting, you really must be thrilled and so looking forward to your safari. I seem to remember you were going to fly KLM from Aberdeen to Amsterdam and Nairobi. We thought we try the same thing from Manchester and then straight into the safari.

Well done on the Bingo, something is always better than nothing Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 853843 

Have a good evening everyone, we're catching up with Sky+ things cheers 

Lai

just eaten a whole bag of toffees and feel quite alien 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm

You are quite correct Lai, first time we've flown this way, hopefully it will be no problem.

A WHOLE bag of toffees affraid pale
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:57 pm

I know Doogs, and the worst of it was I felt totally sick and revolting at 1.30am No  confused  alien  what a nit wit I am!

I am sure it will be fine Doogs. We're definitely going to try KLM and Kenya Airways this time.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Good weekend to all Very Happy 

Very exciting Doogs about your impending trip to the Mara!! Not many more sleeps now. Let's hope it is full of happiness and meaningfulness for you.

Sad to hear of your grandad's passing PPH. Even at that age it can come as a shock. I have a couple who are older still, and if they suddenly left us it would be difficult to deal with.

This owl decorative that you've bought sounds wonderful LW; so would definitely love to see a photo of it later in the year Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 768480 

Strictly seems to be keeping everyone on their toes Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 853843 http://www.picgifs.c 

And that Mrs S coffee machine sounds like it's at the top end of the market Laughing 

I have to confess to not even having heard much about the fires...apparently in Sydney No I am such a hermit, don't read the newspaper or watch much TV. Ignorance is bliss maybe sometimes Razz 

But we have had no fire issues in Melbourne. But also the weather has not been very hot. It is a long Summer ahead of us. Good for sunbaking. Not good for fires.

This weekend the weather has actually been rather wintery, but I am enjoying it all regardless http://www.picgifs.c Thursdays drinkies went well as we saw off a key employee of the company, and my number one helper, so a transitional period ahead for me. I think that others are going to finally realise how little I know about windows! But take it a day at a time and all should be fine. My friend already started his new job on Saturday; how's that for keen?! Best of luck to him, although actually I don't think he'll need it. He will be selling roof tiles.

Okay, up and off for a walkie now with my little darlings.

GR http://i70.servimg.c 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 am

thank you for all your messages and Group Hug its really appreciated

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 71418 Kenya soon Doogs I bet you're really excited Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 71418 

My dad and step mum were due to come down in their caravan for a visit this today with their 3 dogs but due to the storm we're forecast we're forecast down here theyve decided to delay it as they don't want a Wizard of Oz scenario with three Totos. So the plan is that they come down on tuesday once its all settled down and we have a shortened visit.

So it 'batten down the hatches' time for us in the path, I'm going to remove my feeders from the pole so they don't get blown down the road and hopefully itll all be over with tomorrow.

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:19 am

A quick catch up on here, not been doing to much as Mrs S has been on holiday for the last two weeks, so we've been out, and about. First so sorry to hear your news PPH, a sad time Sad . Doogs I have no more shifts or reliefs to do at the Pub, the Landlords left at the end of last month, I have to say I wont miss the reliefs Mrs S hated being on her own at night while I was doing them. cheers cheers Not long for you now Doogs, and the sundowners. Lai affraid a whole bag of toffees, not surprised your feeling pale .
Mrs S makes my coffee perfect so I really dont need a fancy machine LW. I pale have mine black strong, and no suger Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 40683 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 am

Good to hear that everyone survived the storm without too much damage although it sounds as if LW was very lucky with her falling tree!!
Locally there just a few trees and branches down but nothing too drastic which is fortunate as I am off to Kenya for a few days on Thursday. I will be staying at Offbeat Safaris' camp in the Mara North Conservancy and hopefully it will give me a chance to catch up with some two and four-legged friends. As I am traveling BA which is a day flight, it means an overnight stay in Nairobi before flying down to the Mara first thing Friday morning. I know Doogs will be there at about the same time but as we are staying at very different areas of the Mara I doubt our paths will cross.
Hopefully I will come back with lots of photos and stories to post!! By then LW should have mastered the art of downloading photos from her tablet something I would not have the faintest idea how to do and Lai will have posted her pics of the horses in the Camargue!!
Condolences to PPH for her sad loss, it always comes as a shock however much you are expecting it. I always try and look at funerals as a celebration of someones life rather than as a sad depressing occasion.

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Thats good news everythings OK with you Safariman. Have a fantastic, and safe trip, and come back with loads of your great photos, and Videos

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Glad you are safe and sound Safariman.

You're right we'll be in the Mara at the same time but unlikely to see each other. Hope you have a wonderful trip, see plenty and fingers crossed the weather is kind to us.

Enjoy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I found out last night that my grandad's funeral on Thursday morning. So I'll be a bit quiet on here for a while as even thought I'll take my tablet with me I'm not sure if I'll get any internet connection

So its a train journey up there tomorrow and coming home on thursday afternoon/evening, I'l be totally tired after so I think a nice relaxing day on friday.
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Good evening everyone Very Happy 

Doogs not long to go now bounce are you packed and sorted to go? You must be so excited now that its nearly here and I bet your mum and dad are just as excited. Whats happening to syd whilst your all away? Also did you manage to get the little drink trip sorted that you were planni g on doing for your mum and dad?
Yep got the coffee machine sorted, its actually one of my christmas pressies from my mum but she wanted me to choose it so it was what I wanted, I now just have to wait for christmas day to get it:face: 

GR, are you telling us your in windows but you know nothing about them, that must be interesting working lol!  how are Bell and Leo? All good I hope. Glad you havent been affected by the fires, it must be awful for the people who have, you keep staying safe.

Safariman you must be as excited as Doogs about your up and coming trip, the 4th will soon be here and like WS, im looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing your marvelous pictures. Have a safe trip there and back and have a fantastic time Very Happy  hopefully when you get back I will have mastered posting pics from my tablet........keep your fingers crossed for me.

Yep Lai I have sold all my christmas raffle tickets for the blind dogs, I just need to hope that one of the people I have sold a ticket too wins, that would be rather nice but honestly people just brought them to support the cause which is nice.

I hope all goes well on Thursday PPH and Safariman is right, funerals are for celebrating the persons life so I hope the sun shines and everything goes off ok.
You made me smile about your mum and dad and the 3 totos, not sure what dogs they have but the picture of 3 little totos just gave me a Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 40683  you have a safe journey there and back and do t worry about being quiet for a while, we all understand.

Have a good rest of the weeke everyone

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 pm

My parents have 3 King Charles Cavaliers LW so as they can imagine they would be very cute Totos
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 14 71418  Have a great time Safariman, I am a bit alien  with envy. We've just confirmed our Kenya safari for 2014 and we're going to spend 3 nights at Offbeat Mara so really looking forward to seeing Piers and Kapeen again after many years!

Laughing  My slideshow is done Safariman - I am just shortening it a bit and adding the music so it will be up and running when you return cheers 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next