Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 am

Good morning everyone

See I knew it WS, you are a Strictly fan really lol! My mum and I really enjoyed the show and Pete came back and caught the last 10 minutes Laughing 

Toon army Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 40683  that's a good one G Giraffe  Giraffe  http://i77.servimg.c  R

The march was something seriously out of my comfort zone, and Pete's too.  An estimated 50,000 people and probably a max. of 500 badgerists who included the anti hunt sabs and some Greenpeace.  The other 49,500 were made up of all sorts of groups and unions and some very extreme and scary people.  It was peaceful thankfully but Pete and I peeled off at 3pm outside Gmex where the conference is being held as we ended up with a really nasty bunch who were up for trouble and whose chanting is Censored  we spotted a whole load of police coming in so said our farewells to the Wirral and Cheshire badger group and went to café Nero (well deserved we thought after grouping up at 11am).

As it was such a huge march I think the badgerists were just lost amongst it all but at least we were a presence.  We went on the the RSPB State of Nature debate at 6pm at which Owen Paterson spoke on a panel of 4.  They took questions, which you could write down and hand in.  It was made clear anything to do with the badger cull wouldn't be answered!  Our opinion of him is that he isn't the brightest button Laughing or an s http://i77.servimg.c 

Anyway, enough on that it was a long day and the trains back were delayed so we are both pooped today Very Happy 

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

I think it's fair to say that we've taken the foxrobin out of his comfort zone :-)

Therefore what better than a onesie to get comfortable hehehe

Four hours is a good innings Lai; not many Aussie batsman could last that (beating WS to it)! Sounxs like a range of characters in attendance. Perhaps more of a carToon Army as it turned out lol. Glad you made it out of there safely *hugs*

GR aka hoola-hoop hip hopper :-)
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Oh I forgot to mention GR that there was a woman in a onesie in our badgerist section, sadly not a badger one more like a black and white cow I would say but I did chuckle to myself and thought you would approve Laughing 

Loving your new sign off
GR aka hoola-hoop hip hopper :-)
Mrs Kipia et al http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 768480  Well done Lai and Pete for attending the March and supporting the Badgers. 500 is still a pretty significant number and I am sure if more lived nearer Manchester the number would have been bigger. You may feel as though you got lost in the numbers but there were still 500 of you that werent with other groups and that gave everyone else 500 people to look at who were supporting the Badgers Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 768480 
Marches arent always peaceful when there is a mixture of groups and sometimes I think people just hang on to try and cause trouble, there will always be some hell bent on causing notoriety for themselves.
What a shame there was a ban on questions on the cull, how very lucky for Patterson and although you said you and Pete got the impression he wasnt the brightest button, I think thats evident from the way he has allowed the cull to go ahead and ignore all the sound scientific evidence, the mans a jocolor 
I think you and Pete did well and I am sure lots of us were there with you in spirit Group Hug  Thank you for going.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 am

Thanks  Littlewid. It certainly was an experience and you should always try everything once Laughing Having said that out of 50,000 people apparently there were only 2 arrests so not bad really!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Thats pretty good going Lai only two arrests out of that amount of people, im impressed. I think your right about trying everything at least once.......but then I suppose it depends on what your being asked to try............hold a spider affraid  no thanks Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 40683 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:52 am

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew What a Face  that's funny Littlewid,  I am a bit funny about Spider too!

Good morning everyone

It looks like autumn is really here now, torrential rain overnight and really dull and damp this morning What a Face 

I'm off to London today and then on to the Camargue tomorrow with Ali for a 3 day photography course.  We're doing the wild horses, birds and architecture I believe.  I've never done buildings so that will be a challenge,  also I believe there is a festival going on while we are there so plenty of opportunity for lots of photography.  Sadly the weather is raining there at the moment so I will have to rethink what to pack ... scratch A serious problem with weight and all my kit (+ a bad back and we are supposed to be riding on Sunday afternoon) I may end up with no clothes and just camera stuff Laughing 

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone and catch up next Tuesday.

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 71418 

ps Littlewid enjoy Strictly, I am so looking forward to seeing more of Dave the hairy biker, he is absolutely FAB-U-LOUS fun Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:58 pm

affraid I think if Mrs S had been there, there would have been 3 arrests she hates Spiders. She would have done something to get herself arrested, if she'd been asked to hold a Spider Spider even if it was riding a horse with no clothes on:spider2: Like some people I know lol! Have a great time Lai with Ali, just keep a watch out there are paparatzi about, dont want to see you on the front of the Sunday Sun at the weekend Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 40683 
We've not had any rain here, and its still quite warm although its clouded over now. Well thats strictly one less comment this wekend about that boring dance thingy thats on Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 853843 

WS

GR keep this quite do'nt tell the others, but I hope Sussana Reed wins she's a cracker
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 pm

I think we need to stop all this talk about Spider affraid  they are going to give me nightmares Sleeping  What a Face 

Sounds like you are going to have a good few days Lai but watch your back with all your gear and the horse riding as well, take it easy but have a great time and look forward to any pics when you get back.

I will be watching Strictly, never fear and after last week Dave the Hairy Biker has become one of my favs, he seems so lovely and very funny, I hope he does well.

For a man who doesnt watch it WS you seem to know and have taken a shine to Ms Reed.......me thinks you love it more than you let on, you secret strictly fan you Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 40683 

We had rain over night but then a fairly sunny day but then my neighbour Mark told me that we were goi g to have heavy rain tomorrow with thunder storms Raining 

My hoover is giving up the ghost so this evening I went and brought a Henry Hoover, I have never had one before but lots of people have recommended them to me, so this evening I am a proud owner of a lovely Red Henry with his lovely smillie face, lets hope he is good at hooving all the pet hair!

Nearly Friday my friends so very nearly the weekend, have a greatrest of the week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Lai, I will certainly always give the Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 768480 to any onesie!

"I may end up with no clothes and just camera stuff"

No need to comment to that Razz 

Well at least by me....I did laugh at WS' Sunday Sun remark Laughing 

LW, I do not think that spiders are all that bad, but then again being from Australia I am probably more used to them Razz 

Keep enjoying all that Strictly guys Very Happy 

GR Giraffe tongue 

P.S. It's been quite a big week from my end. Some very exciting news, tempered by the announcement that a close co-worker is leaving our company. He has been the biggest help of anyone to me since I started at Canterbury almost three years ago, so it will be sad to see him go, though I am wishing him all the best. Tomorrow I have my brothers and cousins combination birthday party lunch and then mini golf, so that should be fun. Then out that night with friends for dinner and bowling!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 am

It's probably been the busiest week of the year for me and most definitely the best!

Work has not been quite so good though, as I am ridiculously far behind with stuff. I think we all have these times sometimes when we think, "how am I going to get through all this?" but it somehow all works out, so I will just pray for not a single phone call or email in the next two days Razz 

My dogs have been in fine fettle and last night we went for a really long walk; well over an hour. We hardly ever walk for that long, but I felt good and it was a spur of the moment thing. That said, Leo and I were struggling a little by the end of it. Can't say the same for our elite athlete Bella or was just beginning to break into her stride as we returned home Very Happy 

The rest of the night was spent watching romantic movies...I just know that WS is going to love this Razz I have a couple of new favourites now; Before Sunrise & Before Sunset, just wonderful films with mind boggling and heart filling dialogue. They are not action flicks, but films of talking/rambling. A film for deep thinking rabbits!! albino 

The stars are Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke.

Saturday was the big day with my brothers and cousins birthday lunches and a good time was had by all, including most importantly my cousin, who has been a bit down in the dumps at times, but Saturday was the best I've seen him: really coming out of his shell.

I said to my mum later something like, " some skinny guys just take a little longer to bloom," and she replied with "Yes Petal!" Very Happy 

The food was filling and mini golf was fun, even if I am no good at it! My dad beat me by about a shot a hole. And then later my cousin gave me a good hiding on the air hockey Razz 

That night it was dinner and bowling with friends; the later saw an amazing coincidence of three of us finishing as equal winners (all with 127)! I must confess that I choked a little on my last frame though under all the pressure http://www.picgifs.c 

Friday was a great start to the weekend. After work I and a co-worker went to a circus that just happened to be around the corner and had a blast! I even got picked out of the crowd to be one of the 'stars'. A little nerve wracking yes, but heaps of fun. Lots of Very Happy and Laughing 

Sunday was a terrific writing day for me: Story and otherwise. On the surface I largely did nothing, but it was a day filled with joy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 2224760601 

In a short while I have another Skype session to engross myself in. Last week was my first session with the editor from the publishing group that I hope to one day release a fiction story with. My initial submission was rejected in March, but after somewhat of a break from it I feel totally re-energised to once again explore all of the wonderous possibilities that exist with The Seriousness Police. The editor believes in its potential too, and that is why we are now having these weekly talks. Alright then, time for a super dooper quick shower and then the 8pm session. Loving Life http://i70.servimg.c 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:50 am

Sorry I've been a bit quiet the last couple of days. We had a bit of a scare in the early hours of Tuesday morning, dony worry when you read the healines we are both OK, and we have no damage. I will catch up as soon as poss

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/three-lucky-alive-after-fire-6157885

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:47 am

Good morning everyone

WS I hope you and Mrs S are okay, was that fire near you? It looked pretty scary and horrific, so fingers crossed you are all ok, safe and well no damage to your property.

Sorry I've been AWOL, I got back late Monday evening after a delayed flight which meant I missed my train, anyway Ali and I had a fun time with trying to photograph the wild horses, they are simply stunning. We also enjoyed a 2 hour ride through the marshes and spectacular scenery which was really good fun. Being western style my back was fine which was great. I have 2409 photos What a Face  Shocked  so it will take me ages to go through them and keep a max of 500. I may be sometime!

Really busy at work and my PA is leaving next Friday so I may be quiet for a bit but will catch up soonest.

Take care everyone, and wrap up warm, the weather was a shock to come back to What a Face 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 pm

WS that was dreadful, its on the place you live isnt it. It must have been so scary but thank god no one was hurt. Poor Sue, she must now have a lot to sort out. I am so pleased everyone is ok, especially you, Mrs S and Poppy. Dont worry about being on here, knowing you, you will be helping Sue and thats more important. From the picture it looked a dreadful fire, thank god no lives were lost, buildings can be replaced but people cant. I am thinking of you all Group Hug 

Glad you had a good time away with Ali Lai, apart from your return journey. What a lot of photos, it certainly is going to take you ages to go through them all but when you do it will be lovely to see them, especially if its one of your amazing slide shows.
Strictly was good at the weekend and looking forward to this weeks, its definitely going to be a cracking series Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 71418 

Wow GR, you certainly have been a busy bee but it sounds as if you have been having a ball, Petal flower Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 40683 and how brilliant that you are now having regular Skype sessions with the publishing firm, im really keeping my fingers crossed that you get your book published, how fantastic will that be for you bounce 
I really understand you not wanting another email or phone call at work, when you are so busy and trying to keep up you dont need anymore, I am hoping I am going to have peace at work tomorrow as well..........fingers crossed.

Ive been a bit slack on here too, bit of a tummy upset and had a friend over last night. On Monday I am changimg over my BB I am with BT and im switching to infinity in the hope it will be much quicker as my BB is so slow most of the time. We all seem to have issues with connections etc at times, especially you Lai, so fingers crossed I will now be zippy and it wont take me half an hour to reply to 2 posts affraid 

Sounds like work is going to be busy for you Lai with your PA leaving, hopefully you will find a replacement soon.

Glad your pooches are both ok GR, thats always good to know and how are Tamu, Rosie and Kip Lai?

All good here and looking forward to the weekend, catching with with friends for lunch at the airport, just got tomorrow to go till its Saturday Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 853843 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrr three quarters of my way through a long post and I pressed a wrong button and lost it all Mad pale 

WS, what a scary thing to happen but so glad to hear that you are all ok, that is the main thing.  Fire is so devastating and although the damage will be distressing to those involved thank goodness there has been no injury/loss of life.  Don't worry about not being on here, we'll hear from you when we hear from you, big bosie to you all Group Hug 

Your trip away sounded great fun Lai  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 853843  Very jealous of you being able to ride through the marshes, that must have been amazing and great to hear that your back held up doing it  cheers  2,409 photos WOW - can't wait to see them, especially the wild horses Cool 

Hope that tummy of yours has settled down LW, you also need a bosie by the sounds of things Hugs   Fingers crossed that your change of Broadband provider will give you a quicker and more efficient service than you are currently getting from BT, that will make a big difference to you if it does.

My you have been a busy bee GR but all good by the sounds of things, plenty of getting out and enjoying yourself Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 408422  Hope work has settled down and you have managed to catch up with things, we all have times like that.  You will definitely miss your 'mentor' when he goes but just think, that will be another night out to look forward to Wink  Really nice to hear that your cousin had a good time at the party, especially after going through a hard time of late, here's hoping he has more good than bad days here on in.  I do like a game of 10 Pin Bowling and how amazing 3 of you got the same score (and a decent one of that !).  What did you being a 'star' Like a Star @ heaven at the circus entail ???  That's great news re the Editor liking you stuff, how exciting Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 71418  I really hope your weekly talks turn your dreams to reality Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 431638 with that.

Well it seems it's been all work and no play of late for me.  Did 3 shifts in the pub last week as someone was on holiday.  Did Monday and still to do Friday this week.  After some really scary goings on in Kenya a couple of weeks ago it appears that everything has settled down which is really good news.  If things had escalated we would have had to consider not going but at the moment, as it stands, we should be ok.  I would be gutted if we didn't get as I'm in desperate need of a holiday having not been off for more than a week since March.  

The family (me, mum, dad, sister, bro-in-law & youngest nephew) have also booked a wee trip down to Manchester on the 21st of December to see Man Utd -v- West Ham.  Fly down early on the Sat morning, staying overnight then back up the road late Sun afternoon.  On the Sat night we've managed to get booked into a really nice Italian restaurant (San Carlo) that I've been to a few times in Leicester and it's always been really nice so looking forward to that.

Mum & dad away overnight on Saturday so I am Syd sitting this weekend.

Doogs drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:38 am

That's rather shocking news WS. So it was neighbours of yours who's homes were effected? I read in the article that nobody was hurt which is at least something.

I must say though, that if my place burned down I would be an absolute wreck. And that's even if I and the pooches got out alive; there is just so much stuff that is meaningful to me that would be lost (and I don't even care about televisions, furniture and supposedly this sort of stuff that's worth something) and impossible to recover, so that is still heart-breaking that those acquantances of yours have had to go through this ordeal.

Broadband connections appear very poor all around for WAA members No My Skype session on Wednesday was effected with the cancellation of voice call as it just kept crackling and we couldn't understand a thing the other was saying, or at least I couldn't. But the session with the new mentor was still good for me as instead we just text typed about the possible book on Skype, and that was a lot of meaningful fun.

Hope you are feeling more fighting fit now LW, and Doogs, that is absolutely annoying when you lose a long post in progress! Yep, MEGA Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr No 

Great to have you back Lai, and glad that you enjoyed the horse riding and happy snaps.

We know that you took 2409 photos, but the important question is, how many of you were taken riding bareback? http://www.picgifs.c 

Yep, if you can get around to it, another spectacular slide show please of those beautiful horses Very Happy 

My ten minutes of fame Doogs at the circus: What did that entail? Well I got handcuffed to a board - alas it was by male clowns and not female ones Razz - and had three knifes thrown at me; one to the side of each ear (yeah I know, I thought I was going to become Van Gough without the painting ability Laughing ) and one just below...you know where! Well they were supposedly thrown. I was the joke really as it was only made to feel like the clown was throwing them, but apparently as he would do so (I was blindfolded) another clown would simply hammer a knife into the board (as revealed by my work mate there who was laughing herself silly) right on cue. I swear, it really felt like it was thrown, such was the force. But it was really good fun to be out there. Yep, I'm kind of a Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy 

That's a good reminder about the night out with my work mentor leaving Laughing We are going to a pub on the 25th, so more http://www.picgifs.c We rarely go out with work so it will be good for a catch up outside of the office for a change.

I went into work for almost three hours yesterday for a bit of a catch up after getting my serviced. Still way behind, but it felt good to go in and at least do something. After that it was a very long walk in the nice sunny with my pooches, and then some more writing, so it still felt like I sort of got a 'Saturday' out of it. Maybe it is all catching up with me though as today I slept for a few hours in the afternoon affraid Laughing 

Partly to blame for that is my decision to go out Thursday night. I took two friends bowling (and we had dinner prior to that) and didn't get home until 1am. Somehow I got through Friday lol! 

127 is far from my normal score! In fact I got a 61 in a game this week! Funnily enough I don't even really care what I get though. It's all just a bit of a laugh with friends.

Doogs, thanks for the best wishes about my book project. I am confident that it will all work out in the end, but it's going to take a lot of time to finish. I keep getting new ideas! Very Happy 

Oh, we must have a WAA Skype party at some stage (suggested by LW)! Come on, who's in?! Razz 

Certainly hope that Kenya is still able to be a safe and viable trip for you Doogs. Was it in December? That soccer game should be a cracker for you too; a nice four day early Christmas Tree  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 707748 

I am considering travelling overseas next year, and was half set on South America, though I'm leaning towards Iceland now. I just think that it would be a magical place to explore, plus my book is based mostly in that nation. Yes, a little weird, I know Razz 

If I take that plunge then it would be around May, June time of the year, given that it is essential to travel there during or close to their Summer time.

Owl 2 G http://i77.servimg.c R Owl 2 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:43 am

Good morning everyone

I'm definitely on for a big catch up on Tuesday so apologies for missing all the posts and thread.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:20 am

Hi Guys
I'm back cheers thanks for all the concern's but we are fine. The biggest problem was the telephone wires for us as they were damaged just came back on this morning, so like Lai a big catch up needed

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:11 pm

HI guys

Sorry I have been absent over the weekend. Not a good one, 4 paramedics and a Dr here on Saturday but thankfully I am feeling better today.

I have BT coming out soon to switch over to infinity so will be off for a short bit but will try and get back on later to have a mega catch up if not it will be tomorrow.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Oh dear LW that does'nt sound very good, glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope you continue to improve, and get your meds, and everything sorted out soon. I take it you've been off work today from the time of your posts, at least I hope so. Hope your change over goes OK, but dont wotty if you cant get on

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 am

Group Hug  Littlewid, hoping you are okay now, take it easy please and don't rush yourself with WAA.

Sorry I can't get to post at the moment, too much going on at work, and to-ing and fro-ing far too much at the moment.

The exciting news is we're off to London today to hear David Attenborough speak at the Royal Geographical Society on behalf of Fauna and Flora. I am sooooooooooooooo excited as DA really is my all time hero. We're meeting up with friends so will make a night of it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 71418  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 853843  drunken 

Hoping to catch up this week with all WAA news.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Promise to catch up on this thread properly tomorrow but its getting late now.

I hope you have had a fantastic time in London Lai, listening to DA must be amazing and I am a tad alien and cant wait to hear all about it when you have time. I know you said your PA had left so you must be mega busy without her, so you just catch up when you can, I know its hard when work is busy.

My mission for tomorrow.......after an exciting Emmerdale...... is to catch up with this thread.

Have a great day tomorrow guys.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Will catch up fully on this thread tomorrow but after reading your post LW I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and hoping your are ok.  That sounds like a really worrying and traumatic time that you had at the weekend.  Sending loads of bosie's Group Hug and much love I love you  Please look after yourself flower 

Lai - one thing to say about you going to a talk with the man himself WOW  Can't wait to hear all about it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 853843  
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:34 am

Good morning everyone

At last it is Friday, what a huge relief, sadly it is a grey and coldish day but hey it's autumn now Very Happy 

I hope everyone is okay and keeping well,  Littlewid are you taking it easy now?  I don't watch Emmerdale but gather it was to be an epic two episodes last night What a Face 

Doogs I can't remember exactly when you are off to the Mara, but you must be getting so excited now Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 71418  I know the situation has been awful in Nairobi but I was there once a few weeks after those horrendous riots during the elections and security was top priority for them.  What are you doing?  A night in Nairobi or straight to the Mara?  I bet you are just itching to get there and enjoy the wonders of the vast expanse of Africa.

DA was superb.  He was interviewed by Libby Purves for just under an hour.  He is 87 and so sharp, witty, caring and inspiring.  He told some funny stories, answered some serious questions from Libby and was appreciated by all 700 of us.  He was asked if there were any animals he didn't like and he said rats.  Libby was surprised until he explained why.  He was filming somewhere abroad and had a bad stomach and was obviously spending time sitting on the Censored  when up between his legs popped a rat!   affraid  Can you imagine? affraid   He has written a new series and will be off to Borneo filming early next year .......... can't wait for that.  He did say he writes these things and then the poor cameramen have to work out how to film it and how brilliant they all are.

Strictly Saturday and Sunday http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c   really looking forward to it.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:01 am

Working again on a Saturday No 

But others have been having it much worse Sad 

Hope that you are on the mend LW. All of that sounds rather scary.

Big Hugs from GR, Leo & Bella.

Well actually kisses instead from Bella. She's a very licky dog Very Happy 

Thanks for the info on your experience with DA Lai. Sounds like it was rather wonderful Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 13 768480 

Mr sunny is most definitely out and about today! Four hours until I can get out of here Razz 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next