Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Springwatch 2014

4 posters

Go down

BBC Springwatch 2014 Empty BBC Springwatch 2014

Post  Laikipia Fri May 02, 2014 8:17 am

I just found this in my BBC Wildlife magazine.

BBC 2 - Monday to Thursday 26th May - 12th June (Springwatch Unsprung airs each Thursday).

It doesn't say where it is being broadcast from but 'an exciting new location'

And the badgers are back in the spotlight  http://i70.servimg.c 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

BBC Springwatch 2014 Empty Re: BBC Springwatch 2014

Post  Laikipia Thu May 08, 2014 9:17 am

Update on Springwatch.

Springwatch returns to BBC Two, broadcasting live from a brand-new home, RSPB Minsmere on the beautiful Suffolk coast.

The three-week-long wildlife party, hosted by Chris Packham, Michaela Strachan and Martin Hughes-Games, starts on Monday 26 May and stretches right through to Thursday 12 June.

The reserve is one of the richest areas in the British Isles for wildlife, and in spring it is bursting with a stunning array of both exotic and familiar species.

Where better to celebrate the series’ 10th birthday? Springwatch has become one of the UK’s longest-running and most-loved wildlife series.

RSPB Minsmere, on the stunning Suffolk coastline, boasts an unprecedented array of internationally important habitats, from sand dunes, shingle beaches and saline lagoons to reedbed heathland, woodland and grassland.

There will be entertainment from a colourful cast of local characters, including rare birds such as marsh harriers, avocets and bitterns, as well as Springwatch favourites - badgers, otters and red deer.

But the wildlife won’t just be confined to Minsmere as the team will be reporting on topical news stories from around the country. Those reports will include the exploits of a young urban fox family in Brighton, the arrival of our much-loved cuckoos from Africa and a look at how our resident animals have coped with a record-breaking wet winter.

We’ll also share a remarkable moment with Jo Milne from Gateshead. Jo recently gained her hearing after being deaf for 40 years. Now she is joining wildlife sound-recordist Chris Watson to hear the dawn chorus for the very first time.

Hundreds of miles to the north, on Scotland’s rugged west coast, Iolo Williams will be reporting daily on the area’s iconic species, such as white-tailed eagles, beavers and pine martens.

And Springwatch’s 10th birthday wouldn’t be the same without a very special guest – original presenter Bill Oddie. Bill returns with his own very special look back at our wildlife and how it has fared over the past decade. He’ll also be asking what the future holds for some of the UK’s most iconic species.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/springwatch

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 08, 2014 11:39 am

Thanks for the news Lai. I bet that will be something special for Jo Milne after being deaf for so long, and it will be nice to see Oddie back again. Also a new place for us to experience, that will make a nice change.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Thanks for that Lai. Chris was on the One Show yesterday evening and he said it was back on the 26th but I forgot to post it yesterday but you have posted lots of good info, so probably best that it was you who posted it. He said that Bill was going to be back and they showed a clip of the lady who had been deaf, it was so nice to see her hearing the birds, I am sure they will show that in full instead of a small clip.
Its on for a long time this time isn't it and that's just great news, I for one can't wait  bounce ........roll on the 26th  BBC Springwatch 2014 853843 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat May 24, 2014 9:32 pm

so looking forward to this, especially with the return of Bill Oddie
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Yes not long to go now.......it's tomorrow  http://i70.servimg.c BBC Springwatch 2014 2224760601 bounce 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 26, 2014 4:40 pm

http://i70.servimg.c  Thanks PPH

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 26, 2014 6:30 pm

BBC Springwatch 2014 768480 Thanks PPH, really looking forward to it, my recorders all set

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:20 pm

I hope you're all loving Springwatch. Last night on Unsprung they showed a video of a fox and hedgehog eating together and Jason who took that footage was in the audience. Well he has his own website where he puts all of his webcams, they are well worth a look.

http://www.wildlifegadgetman.com

He also has a fb page and he announced he will be back on Unsprung next tuesday to talk about his work

https://www.facebook.com/WidlifeGadgetman?fref=ts

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:50 pm

BBC Springwatch 2014 768480 Thanks for those Links PPH, just had a quick check on the cams, and one is working at the moment. Will keep my eye on them, and possibly move the link to the Web Cam section later.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:57 am

Sad   I can't believe it's almost the end of Springwatch.  Such an amazing three weeks and probably the best one ever in my opinion, so many different creatures and such brilliant filming and so many fascinating facts. I love the fact that we are seeing badgers  Very Happy 

I can honestly say it's been the best ever and I am really going to miss it.

RSPB Minsmere is now on our wish list for sure  cheers 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:34 pm

I Agree  Lai, it has been amazing this time and I too think it's been the best one, there really has been so much and I have so enjoyed seeing the Bittern's.......i'm really with Chris on that one. It has been so nice to see the Badgers as well and not see them painted in such a bad light and little Grub the Tawny Owl was just fabulous but his sticky face was not so good! I do hope they try and get a little update on him tonight. Unsprung has also been good to watch, Nick is always a little bit manic when it starts but he settled down as it went on but I do like him.
Is it really the last one tonight, it has flown by and I will miss it as well, it really has been fab.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down