Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lily and Hope - The Black Bear and Cub

+4
Anne-Marie1981
whitestarling
Laikipia
Safari Maiden
8 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Lily and Hope - The Black Bear and Cub - Page 32 Empty Re: Lily and Hope - The Black Bear and Cub

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Just caught up on this thread and can't believe what has happened to poor little Hope. Like all of you I am speechless and full of emotion that such a thing could have happened.

Can't make sense of it all and can't think what to say at the moment, i'm too upset by it all.

RIP little Hope - gone to the great savannah in the sky.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Lily and Hope - The Black Bear and Cub - Page 32 Empty Re: Lily and Hope - The Black Bear and Cub

Post  Doogs Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:22 pm

I was thinking the other day that after having such a great time away you were coming back to so much bad news (Hope, the Marsh Pride) Lai, not good No Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 pm

I agree Doogs, but sadly that's life. It's always so hard to hear about pride takeovers and hunting bears is a complete NO NO No No

Lai
aka Pai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 am

I have gone through the dated video clips on Bearstudy youtube account and believe this is the latest clip before she died...

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:33 am

Oh dear - that made me really Sad again remembering what happened to our poor little Hope. Thanks SM it will be good to remember her in happier times.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Thank you SM, a lovely clip of her and Faith. It made me Sad Sad again too!! Poor little Hopey!!

I saw something posted somewhere on Facebook that made me smile: Hope brought us together, Faith will keep us strong! Thought that was nice Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks LP, at least Hope, and Faith seem to have settled down for the winter, although Jo seems as active as ever
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks for the updates LP. It is good to see the other bears have started to den. I hope they all stay safe this winter.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Denning season is here although looks like Jo hasn't quite twigged that yet Very Happy Good to know that Braveheart and Lily & Faith are safely denned. Lets hope they all have a safe den and I wonder if Lily will emerge with a new cub this time?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 am

OOoh LW that would be nice to see a new cub, but after Hope's lose, I think it would be good if she didnt this year and concentrated on Faith. I would hate for the worst to happen to her like her sister.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:35 pm

A new cub would be nice but I also tend to agree with SM for Lily to put all her time and effort into little Faith would be nice and good for Faith. God forbid nothing like what happened to Hope happens to Faith No pale
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:17 pm

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks for the video link SM. Looks like they have found a great den site there. Its really touching watching Lily & Faith interacting as Faith is suckiling
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:36 pm

What a lovely clip, thanks SM cheers

You think that Faith is huge until you see her sucking from Lily and then you realise she's still pretty small. I presume the noises when Faith was suckling were coming from her ? I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 pm

That is such a gorgeous clip SM. Faith has grown but yes she still looks so small compared to Lily. I love the way Faith dropped back into the den and then came back out again with a bit of a struggle I love you
It was my slushy side wondering if Lily would appear with a new cub after denning but like the rest of you, I would also prefer itif she concentrated on bringing up little Faith, it would be awful for something to happen to her. I must admit though, watching them both together brings tears to your eyes as it makes you think more of little Hope Sad
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:02 pm

I Agree LW Crying or Very sad Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:52 am

Thank you for sharing that clip. I attempted to watch it, but I got as far as Faith getting out the den before I had tears again. Can't believe how much little Hope touched me. Sad Sad
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Lily and Faith den cam up and running again

https://www.bear.org/livecams/lily-faith-cam.php

they are looking very snuggly warm in their den, wish I could do the same
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Excellent, thanks for that PPH cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks PPH - just had a look, I love the noises Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 am

I love the noises too! Think its quite sad how Lily has picked such a big den Sad trying not to think about it because I still have tears. Silly!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Thought I'd just check what's happening with the North American Bear Centre.

We've three cams to look at. Lily and Faith Den cam, Jewel's den cam and Honey and Lucky cam.

Couldn't get the Lily and Faith one to work but the others are up and running. Lots of little bear noises coming from Jewel's den I love you

http://www.bear.org/

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Lily and Hope - The Black Bear and Cub - Page 32 768480 Thanks Lai, have'nt checked for a time, with all this Marsh Pride stuff, but we must'nt forget our other Animals, will have a look
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks LP and I Agree with WS - so much happening I'd forgotten about this Embarassed
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next