Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm

I must say I am sorry to hear that Penny is looking a bit frail at the moment Lai, please giv her a Group Hug from all of us here. I am sure she will be fine whilst you are away and at least she will be with her friend Tamu.

I am sure Pete will have a good trip as he is catching up with friends as well.....not long till you both go now bounce

Sorry the footie was cancelled Doogs but it sounds as if you had a nice time at the pub and fingers crossed for Bingo tonight, lets hope you win BIG Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 768480

Finally got my phone back and working this evening, which is a huge relief as I have been calling everyone on my mobile, fingers crossed it stays good, just need the silly Broad band to liven up a bit, it's still driving me nuts.

We have not had snow Doogs, which is good or hailstones like WS but todsy has been dreadful, heavy rain this morning and this evening we have strong winds that they think will become gale force affraid Nero and I have just been blown around on our walk and it's getting windier by the minute.....plese dont let my fence blow down.....again What a Face

Looking forward to Autumn Watch this evening.

Have a good one everyone.

littlewid-x-
Embarassed oops meant to say Happy Halloween Everyone and love the home page WS cheers Spider Spider Spider
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Good evening everyone

We took Penny to the vet first thing this morning and she is fine, had a good check over all her aching limbs and I think she must have just pulled something, she also had a nail clipped which was looking very uncomfortable, she's on something called Metacam when she's bad and now is skipping around looking like a spring chicken (should that be lamb) - probably the relief of getting away from the vet Laughing

Hope you have fun at the bingo Doogs and get a huge win cheers Yes they share a kennel as Tamu loves Penny to bits and Penny in her way loves Tamu (maybe that is tolerate I am not sure Laughing ) they are certainly happier together though.

Good news about your phone Littlewid - fingers crossed for the BB speed and then you'll be okay.

Catch up tomorrow and stay safe and warm everyone.

Lai

ps sorry also forget to say Happy Halloween everyone Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 Hallow10
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Apologies for not wishing everyone a Happy Halloween yesterday Embarassed and totally agree with LW, love the home page WS, good job cheers

No win at the Bingo last night No

Good to hear Penny got the all clear from the vet Lai and after a bit of metacam is more like her old self, hopefully that will put your mind at rest before heading off to Zambia. That's good her and Tamu are together in the kennels. Loved your comment "Tamu loves Penny to bits and Penny in her way loves Tamu" - bless I love you I love you I love you

Good to hear your phone is up and running again LW :) Fingers crossed for the BB and that fence of yours stays in one piece !

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:46 am

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY LAI

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843

I may have missed you as I didn't manage to get on here yesterday evening but I wish you a fantastic time, have fun, take loads of pics, safe journey there and back and we will miss you whilst you are way.....Have great time.

Glad Penny is ok, Metacam is great so you can now have a worry free holiday Very Happy your comment about Penny & Tamu made me smie too I love you

Sorry there was no win at the bingo Doogs but it's nice to have a good evening out, maybe next week will be your week for a grand win Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 768480

Yep my phones are working Doogs, the fence is ok bounce and the broadband is still very slow Mad but Hey Ho.....it's Friday Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 768480

Have good day everyone

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks Littlewid, just popped on to say goodbye and take care everyone, hoping the weather is good to you wherever you are and not too much wind and rain.

I'm off to pack and sort out the house and then off to the airport for the shuttle to Heathrow and onwards to Lusaka Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 71418 Far too much stuff for the weight restriction on the internal flight but hey ho Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843

Sorry to hear you didn't have a win at the bingo Doogs - next time .... Very Happy

Have a great weekend. See you in a couple of weeks ish.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:51 am

Proberbly a bit late now Lai, but if you do look in have a great time, and come back with loads of Pics PLEASE
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Hope you got away safely Lai Very Happy

Well it's Friday and the weekend is here bounce been a mad busy week at work and more so as I have been trying to be as busy as possible as I am on holiday next week, nothing major planned but I do hope to get my camera out again as it has been out of action for a while and it needs to get busy so I feel a day at the WWT coming on Very Happy

Been dashing about this evening, it's Lara's 10th Birthday, can't believe she is now 10, time goes so quickly. It is also my friends 60th Birthday so I have been round to see her as well and taken her pressie so I was a tad late in this evening but I did come home first and pick up Nero to do the rounds with me.
Just waiting now for Autumn watch to start but I am not in my usual hot house as the thermostat to the heating control that goes on the wall has died so the heating wont work What a Face so I have got to go hunting for a new one tomorrow, so its a curl up on the sofa with nero to keep warm this evening.

Hope everyone has had a good week and has a lovely weekend.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:50 pm

affraid No heating thats not good LW especialy as its so cold. Finish watching AW get yourself a hot drink, fill the hot water bottle, and get off to bed. Say happy birthday to Lara for us
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 pm

I will pass on Happy Birthday to Lara, thanks WS Very Happy it is quite chilly here and I wished I had a hot water bottle but sadly not so I am just going to have to be chilly but I will try and be brave about it and hope I don't freeze over night Frosty Tongue affraid

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Busy busy day today

Lots of shopping done today, now that the cold and wet weather has arrived Ive started buying suet pellets with berries for the birds. They are going down a treat.

I'm off to see James Bond at lunchtime, I'm going on my own as my bf has hurt his back so can't sit for that long and my friend who normally comes is in Cornwall this weekend and all my other friends have already seen it. I'm also going to make lettuce soup this afternoon as I have a glut of lettuce from my veg box and have run out of ideas what to do with it

Went for a swim last night, it was a bit busier than the week before but I still managed to get to do 12 laps, I also bought tickets to see Derren Brown in the new theatre in Oxford in April. Really looking forward to it as last time I saw him live two years ago it was an amazing show
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Got my heating sorted so I am now back in toasty house bounce I hate being cold so I am all Very Happy again now.
Not had a very exciting day, just sortd the heating and then went shopping and took my mum food shopping, she has had a violent virus all week and today was her first time out, she was pleased to get out of the house, so took her for a cuppa and I had a lovely hot scrummy Latte.
Just walked Nero, it's been rining but at least it had stopped by the time we went out and as yet there are no fireworks but I bet there will be later.

Glad the swimming is going ok still PPH and I hope you enjoyed the new JB film, I am not a fan but I do like Daniel Criag.
Not sure about lettuce soup, you will have to let us know how that goes.

Have a great evening everyone, i'm going to sort my tea in a sec and then settle down for strictly Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I had a busy but fun day yesterday

Lettuce soup was a surprise and is actually very easy to make and quite tasty. The new James Bond film is great. Lots car/motorbike chase which is what you expect from a James Bond film, not too many gadgets and a really good story line which in one part did make me have a little blub. Of course the added attraction of Daniel Craig is always a good thing

Weather here is atrocious today Raining Raining Raining Raining and a little bit of Snowing Snowing Snowing Snowing Snowing but not enough to settle and its a bit wet too.

No walk in the park for me today. I think itll be a day in all cosy and warm
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Glad you got your heating sorted LW, its not the weather for no heating. Well done for keeping up the swimming PPH, and please do me a favour dont give the albino albino lettuce soup recipie there'll no silent them up. I've alway found the Bond Movies a bit of escapeism ? glad you enjoyed it. The weathers not been to bad here cold, but sunny. I even managed to wash the car, not sure what the forcast is for tomorrow
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:25 pm

I agree with you WS, James Bond films are the kind of films I like to watch when I don't want to think too hard and just want a bit of escapism

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Glad you enjoyed the film PPH Very Happy and don't listen to WS, Please do give us the recipe for Lettuce Soup, I am really intrigued as to what it tastes like.

Glad you have a nice clean car now WS Very Happy I got mine washed the other week, it''s still fairly clean but after all the rain and mud thats been on the roads round
here, it's not as sparkly as it was No

Been a nice sunny day here today and popped into town this morning to collect a DVD I ordered. I tried to get it last christmas but was a bit slow and it was sold out everywhere and I had to wait for it to be re-released again this year for christmas. It's "A Wonderful Life" and it's been digitally remastered or remixed whatever it is, its a lovely old film and so christmassy.....I am going to hold off until christmas to watch it but I am tempted to watch it this week as its such a wonderful film.

Have a good rest of the afternoon everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

I will admit that I got the recipe from the internet

http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk/recipebook/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=633

Although I am a bit of a 'tweaker' of recipes and I used two onions and also added a couple of cloves of garlic (as I love garlic)

Apart from that I followed the recipe

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks for that PPH, it does sound rather delicious and I will give it a go, I have never made soup before so it will be a first. Onions I love so yes may add another one, I am not a garlic fan so might give that a miss. Silly question here, is it cooked potato or raw potato lightly fried?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 pm

its raw potato lightly fried

over the last few weeks of making soup for the first time I've realised that the base for most vegetable based soup is onion, potato and stock. Basically fry up for about 5-10 mins in oil, add stock, boil until potatoes are squishy then liquidise. very easy and delicious
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 am

Thank you PPH. When I go shopping I will be adding onions and veg stock to my shopping list plus a lettuce this week. I am looking forward to having a go, I love soup and homemade has got to be better than shop brought, even though some of the fresh soups are really nice.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm

I hope the lettuce soup was successful LW

I've been cooking spicy parsnip soup today as I have a long weekend and I finally got parsnips in my organic veg box. I booked today and monday off work as the plan was to visit family in Lincolnshire but unfortunately it had to be called off. So today I had a dentist appointment, I met my friend for lunch and I have spent this afternoon doing a bit of housework and cooking.

The swimming pool starts its public swim session at 3.30pm so I think I'll go for an earlier swim today rather than wait until it goes dark
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

I have been shopping today PPH so Lettuce soup should be made over the weekend. Spicy Parsnip should be wonderful, I am a parsnip lover and have parsnip soup before, I will be pinching the recipe off you for that one too Very Happy
Enjoy your swimming PPH and I don't blame you for going for an earlier swim rather than a late one as it's getting rather chilly in the evenings.
Sorry your visiting had to be cancelled but it sounds as though you have been busy and I hope the dentist was just a check up and not because you had a toothache.

I have had a good week off, I have surprised myself as to how much Christmas Shopping I have got done, it's actually nice to know its nearly all finished and today I brought my family christmas cards, I have never been so ahead of myself.

Lara starts her gymnastics tomorrow at a school down the road from me, so I have been volunteered to take her and pick her up but tomorrow I will stay as it's her first lesson. I also have Nero at the Groomers for a bath and haircut so he will be looking lovely and smelling gorgeous.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:32 pm

another day sweating over a hot stove

firstly the Hairy Bikers chicken and veg casserole (slightly tweeked by me) I also apologise for the state of my cooker, I am a messy cook and it is clean now

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 40767610

next a red onion, red cabbage, green tomato concoction. I can tell you it tastes better than it looks

This organic veg box is really making me domesticated

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 39404410
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:23 pm

They both look wonderfully scrummy PPH and you are inspiring me to get a veg box too Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 am

Hope everyone had a good weekend Very Happy I had a massive housework day yesterday and cleverly pulled a muscle in my back and it's flippin painful Sad my littlest Great nephew was 1yr old yesterday so it was also off to his Birthday Party Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 408422 , he had a ball, he so loved it and talk about pose for the camera, he so knows what to do when the camera is aimed at him. His mum Emily made a fantastic Chocolate Birthday cake and I am not sure if Theo ate most of his or wore most of it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 16 40683 but it was all great fun.

Back to work for me today Razz the holiday is over, it's been a lovely week off.

Have a good day everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 pm

today its a totally horrid day weather wise. rain since I got up, I did plan to go for a walk as I have a day off but its just been a day in doing nothing much

A few birds have braved the rain and visited my feeder but they are mostly staying away
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next