Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm

The snow has already started to fall here in the Shires

No snow day for me tomorrow as I am within walking distance so a trudge through the snow tomorrow morning for me.

I'd like to know what Life of Pi is like as I'd love to see it
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 am

Rather hilarious with all of you getting your snow on and it's bloody boiling out here!

Yesterday was really crazy. It think it got to about 40 degrees, and then it just refused to cool down...or at least not much. So I still took Bella walkies as the heat wasn't so harsh with the sun going down, but then it was basically too hot to be bothered doing anything at home. I ate and watched old Tour De France on DVD (not that new age Wiggins Razz ). Tried to bed it at 10pm but to no avail. Shirt on, shirt off, still not working, so back up where I started flicking through the telly (which I rarely watch) like a zombie. About the most interesting program was one that spoke of the explosion in cosmetic surgery women are having done to their 'bits' affraid Well, perhaps that didn't help matters on the sleeping front as it was probably a bit of an eye opener Laughing

But the world is rather crazy today in many ways!

It was so hot last night that Bella wouldn't even come to her 'night' bed. She was in passed out mode on the blue blanky on the floor Laughing At about 6:30 this morning she joined me for awesome snuggles, but then about 20 minutes later I had to get up for work No

With the dates stuff I don't have the money or the muscles, but I have the weirdness. Well, that probably doesn't sound like a great advertisement, but I need to find the right weird woman. They have to be cookie (kooky). It's difficult, but can definitely happen. There has only been one woman I've encountered with online dating so far who is a 'Sessia'. She was totally mind blowing and I guess you could say I was gaga over her immediately Very Happy

But I've thought of a cool and meaningful metaphor (profound parrot mode). That girl sometimes feels awkward in social situations and I am the same. She said she needs her man to recognise when she needs saving from across the other side of the room at a party. But since we are both the same...

we would meet in the middle

I like that Very Happy

Tonight I am definitely going to get my WAA on! Just sit on here for hours and read and post. Besides, I am working tomorrow and Sunday have family/relatives engagement so not much spare time. I feel myself going a little cookie without my conversing with queen albino

And oh yeah, I'm still waiting for your love/relationship tips Foxrobin Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418 Onesie Man - i've missed all our daily albino albino albino It's strange to think of you with all that heat and us here in the UK with Snowmas Earmuffs Today we woke up to snow, not sure what state the roads are in locally as I haven't ventured out yet!

Poor Bella, I hope she is okay, at least she doesn't have a think coat. Cosmetic surgery affraid some of it is quite scary - but men do it too!

I like your theory of meeting in the middle - definitely a good one. My advise is to stay cool and not be looking, then you find someone ....

We're missing you here on WAA PP so get posting tonight ...... cheers

Lai queen albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:06 am

Giraffe albino is back!

I've kinda liked the idea of waking up to snow; this being mainly because we don't really get it in Australia, even in winter. So that whole winter wonderland thingy gets a little lost on us.

Bella is a very fit young lady. We will go for another walkies again shortly Very Happy

30 years ago the radical thing was to get your ear pierced, now nothing is sacred Laughing

I agree totally on the finding something when you're not looking theory, but in this case how in the hell does online dating work?!

Just been watching some David Strassman. Incredible how clever that man is!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418 PP is back and on-line .......... Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843

To be honest the winter wonderland is lost on most of us as the UK isn't best able to cope, unlike Canada etc. We always get stuck, the trains don't run, the roads get blocked and in general it's chaos. The only plus being it looks pretty until it gets all slushy and brown looking lol! you can tell how much I don't enjoy it GR Laughing

I agree re piercing - my son Tom had his eye brow pierced affraid thankfully he's now grown out of that and removed it!

I tried on-line dating some years ago after a bad break-up - ouch it was hard and I only lasted the prescribed 3 months and then deleted my account - some strange matches that didn't match - and do people tell the truth in their profile scratch well No

Bella is your ace card Giraffey Boy - walking her in the parks will attract a whole bevy of wonderful dog loving ladies I feel sure.

David Strassman ??? must I Google him now, I don't know who he is What a Face

Lai queen albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 am

I have never had anything pierced and no tattoos, though I am a bit of a wimp, so even if I did desire that stuff I probably wouldn't go through with it Laughing

My parents are pretty anti tattoos actually (particularly the old man), though I am not really against them. In fact they are artistic, and I generally like art, anything creative. The problem with a tat of course is what if you end up wishing you didn't get it?

We'd be pretty safe getting something like I love leopards leopard in Tree though Very Happy

"and do people tell the truth in their profile" - did you find that you were dating a lot of doctors? lol!

By the way, my 'name' is writergiraffeyboy81 :)

HAHA!! Everyone says that Bella would be a chick magnet! But it doesn't work out like that. And probably when they see my adulation of her they would be wondering how they can compete for my love? Razz

Strassman is a ventriliquist. A puppet master.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 am

Well we have woken up to Winter Wonderland too this morning and it's continuing to settle big time. Decided to take an A/L day today, I have no clinics but loads of paperwork etc but that isn't going anywhere so it can wait till Monday. The village I live in always gets it bad and getting in and out can be rather difficult, even the 4x4's struggle at times, so i'm having a day with the furries, which Nero is beside himself about!

Hard to imagine 40 degrees Onesie man when the snow is chucking it down but that is some heat. I think one of my most memorable times of suffering that heat was when I was in Mexico but then again one of my best days in that heat was horse riding and charging through a river/stream on the horse and getting splashed with water and YEEEHAAAAing like a cow girl!

Poor Bella, that is a lot of heat for a dog but they are always up for walkies aren't they as long as there is some lovely cool water afterwards.

Never done internet dating myself Onesie man, always thought knowng my luck I would meet the real nutters but I do know a few people who have met their soul mates through internet dating and I am sure there is the right Giraffe girl out there for you but Lai is right, they often turn up when you least expect it and aren't looking and I agree about the dog walking, its the best way to meet people, I have loads of good friends that I have met through walking my dogs and its the easiest way to start a conversation and for the record, Money and Muscles are't all they are cooked up to be, there has to be a depth to the person and personality nd you have that in heaps my friend.

Don't know who David Strassman is and would never do plastic surgery, too much of a coward and too painful for me, i'm just gonna have to age and wrinkle as nature determines Very Happy

Have a safe day everyone and hope the heat settle a bit there in Oz onesie man.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:39 am

I've got pierced ears - had them done at 16 and no it didn't hurt (much) and it was worth it. I don't lose my earrings and don't have to remember to put them in as they're already there!

I agree re Tattoos - another thing Tom did in his youth, I have tried not to object or make too many comments, but I fear he will regret the 2 he has when he is 70 +

A leopardy tattoo - now that is different Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 - Okay will Google David S now I know.

Good idea to stay at home Littlewid, I remember your village does get difficult in the snow. We're fine here, lots of snow but I can get around. Going to collect my mum later, it's our Friday afternoon for doing the flowers at the Hospice so we're not going to miss that even if it takes a while to get there.

Do you have a photo of Cowgirl LW? We'd love to see that, it sounds such fun.

Stay safe and warm everyone (in your case cool Giraffey Boy and Bella)

Lai Very Happy

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:32 am

It is a fair bit cooler today in Melbourne. Not quite so oppresive. Bella and I to go for what is now a night time walk (hehe, all this albino ing) soonish!

A day with the furries! I love you

Your horse riding adventure sounds pretty ace cowgirl Very Happy

"Money and Muscles are't all they are cooked up to be, there has to be a depth to the person and personality nd you have that in heaps my friend" - Shucks Mrs Squirrel I love you

I think it's great to age gracefully.

With your earrings Lai, have you ever found leopardy ones?

LW, we shall be checking out 'funny animal photos', waiting for this Cowgirl picture Razz
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am

I hope you and Bella enjoy your evening walk GR - a nice time to go when it's cooler for sure.

No i haven't found any leopardy ones - I feel a search coming on .... If I find any I will be sure to let you know Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

Snowing here as well Guys, we had a message this morning from our Friend whos on holiday in OZ with his daughter 40 Degs, so I sent them a little video to cool them down

Tattoos & Piercing No No No thanks
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 am

Nice clip WS. I hope they enjoy seeing the difference Very Happy

I've just taken Penny and Tamu out for a short walk. Tamu loves playing snowballs and gets the mads Shocked her paw prints look huge having webbed feet, so it's like we have leopard in the garden Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:20 am

Sorry Guy's no Cowgirl piccies, too busy charging through the water and we had left our bags in a safe as we were purely out for the ride and didn't think of photos Embarassed

Well its pretty where you are WS and I bet your friends will apreciate that video of good old blighty in the snow, what a shame it isn't Christmas. If I can brave the snow I may take some pics later. you should do another video later WS so we can see how deep the snow gets.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Well the snow's been coming down all day, but thankfully its only been light. We have'nt been out though, where we live is nearly 2miles from a main road, and we have to go through two lanes, one of which has a big dip with a sharpe bend at the bottom before you go up the other side, so its not worth the risk. Did all the panic buying for essentials yesterday. 36 cans of Boddies and 1 Ltr of Bells Very Happy , thought about going out for a loaf, and milk today, but its not worth it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683
A little video of the snow now starring our Longtail Tit Family

Mrs S was up before me this morning, and when I looked out of the window, there she was in dressing gown and slippers in the snow, and wind filling up our feeders as they were being hammered by the Birds.
Mrs S gets WAA's You the man from me

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:59 pm

I've popped on here briefly at work before I leave for the weekend Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843

Will have to get a right good catch up as I knew there's a few threads I haven't posted on (at least one of Lai's holiday ones) but ran out of time on my lunch hour - there's just so much happening on so many different threads, it's good though Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 768480

Will try and get on over the weekend, have a good one everybody
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Lovely clip of the long tailed tits WS - they are such lovely looking little birds. Mrs S does deserve many Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven I have to say I do the same, Pete is always telling people about me in my wellies and dressingown filling up the bird feeders, but I tell him it's important so who cares if it's raining/snowing or what I look like ?

Have a good weekend Doogs - and a good catch up when you can. I've posted 3 short slideshows Very Happy so enjoy them when you can.

Have a good evening everyone - shame Winterwatch is over Sad Let's hope the snow doesn't get any worse.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm

WS, Mrs S certainly is a Like a Star @ heaven and well deserves the WAA You the man very brave to be out there in the snow and wind, oh yes indeedy! I waited until I was dressed and had a coat on Embarassed Lai your another brave bird feeder and deep respect to you and Mrs S Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 768480
Loved that video of the Long Tailed Tits WS, they were feeding like mad weren't they and no wonder with this chilly weather, it's so hard for them isn't it.

Doogs you have a good weekend and stay warm and safe up their in Scotland.

Have a good weekend everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 pm

I like this idea of Tamu with leopard paws!

WS, 36 cans of boddies as ESSENTIALS ROFL

Mrs S sounds like a real champ buddy. Keep cuddled up to her too as I'm sure she makes an excellent blanky I love you

Have a terrific weekend everyone Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:30 am

Good Morning Everyone Frosty Tongue Snowmas Earmuffs

Yep after a no snow day yesterday, it's snowing again this morning and settling again, don't know if it's an all day thing again or not but the sky looks full of it again.

Apologies for not being around yesterday but I was out and about all day and doing my shopping as well and then it was an early tea, walking Nero and then off to see Les Mis.

Les Mis was just brilliant, I could not find anything to fault it, I loved it. It was spectacular on the big screen, loud and very moving, I also thought everyone in it was brilliant and I actualy prefered it to the stage show, it was just amazing and I can't imagine anyone saying they didn't enjoy it.
I had read that people were applauding in the cinemas when they had seen it and I thought it a bit odd but it grips you so much and draws you in that you just can't help yourself but secretly I wish, right at the end when they are all singing that everyone in the cinema joined in with a rousing chorus, it would have been fantastic, I so wanted to sing I had to bite my lip to stop myself!
Sadly Emma and Lara were unwell and could not come, which was such a shame for them as they were both looking forward to it. They both have a virus and Emma has also lost her voice completely; she text me to let me know so dumb dumb here phoned her and when there was no answer I text her, how silly did I feel when she text back " I knew you were phoning but I didn't answer because I can't speak!" I thought " Oh yeah, of course" Embarassed

Well I hope everyone has a good day today and isn't getting too much snow, stay safe and warm everyone.

littewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 am

I know what you mean LW about the rousing chorus at the end. I had to stop myself from from singing and shouting 'vive la revolution' at the end Embarassed If I had a French flag I wouldve flown it

Its started snowing here again, only lightly so hopefully it wont be as bad today. All this snow has its benefits, the swimming pool closed at 5pm on Friday and I was a bit annoyed as I wanted to go and swim. They opened the pool yesterday at 10am and I got down there for when they opened and I was the only one in the pool. So I did my 14 laps in 30mins with only the lifeguard watching me and better still my friend was working in the cafe at the pool so afterwards I got to have a nice chat with my friend over 2 sneaky free coffees

Last edited by princesspurplehippy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 am

Good morning everyone. No more snow today and it's nice and mild so fingers crossed for the rest of the day. The birds are eating so much at the moment, fat balls, suet shreds, sunflower hearts etc. and yesterday we had 9 Long Tailed Tits at one time - they are for sure my favourite birds.

So pleased you enjoyed Les Mis Littlewid. What a shame Lara and Emma were unwell and couldn't come, poor things after looking forward to it so much. We clapped at the end which as you say is unusual at the cinema, I wanted to clap after each rousing song to be honest!

Have a good Sunday everyone - and let's hope next week we have a big thaw and some mild weather Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:37 am

Morning Guys
We have light snow at the moment, its not forcast to be bad fingers x. Our feeders are really busy to with lots more Birds coming in. The nuts, fat balls, suet, and Mrs S's fat cake mixture are flying off the feeders all the high energy stuff. The Long Tail Tits are lovely ar'nt they Lai we just love to watch them, and how the whole family all come in together, and you've got nine thats brilliant.
Glad you enjoyed Les Mis LW shame about Emma, and Lara. Good idea to get out yesterday and get your shopping done the forcast does'nt look to good down your way.
Your really getting into your swimming in PPH, 14 laps in 30mins Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 768480 , and a coffee freebie Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Glad you enjoyed Les Mis so much LW. Shame you couldn't take your ladies with you. I guess the cold weather will led to a lot of cold/throat type sickness this time of year.

"so dumb dumb here" - this cracked me up LW as you were telling us about how Emma was unable to 'speak' Laughing

But I think that anyone could do that (calling them on the phone) as it's such a natural instinct.

I reckon you should have burst into song at the end of the film and someone probably would have recorded it and you may have been a youtube hit!

That's great work with your swimming PPH, and 9 birds Lai! cheers
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 am

More snow, the bird feeders are completely covered ............ it's pretty out there but I need to get a train to London later in the week so hoping for a big thaw.

Onesie Man, I'm a tad envious of your warmer weather although I don't envy you when it goes about 35

Have a good day everyone, and stay safe and warm.

Lai Earmuffs
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 am

We are heading for 37 on Thursday affraid but the rest of the days this week look Cool enough Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next