Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Hopefully the sickness feeling will pass soon Anne-Marie and then you'll feel a bit better, just remember to take it easy too and look after yourself.

Brilliant idea for a family trip to Kenya, maybe not this year though Very Happy

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

I can only imagine what feeling sick all the time is like and it certainly doesn't sound nice, poor you AM Crying or Very sad I hope the feeling passes soon for you.

How was everyone's weekend ?

Mine was pretty busy. Out with the girls for a few drinks and something to eat on Friday night, good time. Dad came over on Saturday morning to watch the footie that was kicking off at noon. We then watched the racing and mum joined us mid afternoon. I made a big pot of chilli for tea and along with a few glasses of wine mum, dad, Ian and I were well fed and watered ! Sunday the family went out for something to eat at a local carvery which was nice and then before we know it it's Monday morning again Crying or Very sad

Bit dull and dreary up here today.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Sounds like a good weekend Doogs. Ours passed by in a flash, in and out, nothing special but felt well relaxed after it, oh apart from the gym on Sunday Shocked

Wet ish and very dull here today - roll on spring. Having said that we've got some daffs showing already and a few crocus flower

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone.

Lai Pai cheers
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 pm

I had a good weekend, lovely weather to go for a walk in the park on Sunday.

If you remember the saga of neighbours being 'raided' by the police a few weeks ago well I found out on Friday that the reason for the strong smell was that they were actually growing a few plant affraid so any guilt I had about the police going around vanished as it serves them right.

I decided today that instead of sitting in the canteen reading a book at lunchtime I was going to go for a walk in the park. The park is the same one where I go for a walk on Sunday and walking as fast as my little legs would carry me it took me 20mins to get there. That meant I had 20mins to sit on a bench, have my lunch, read my book while enjoying the bird song.
I don't think I'll do it every day but it was a nice change

I also found out today that my friend who applied for part time position to replace me when I leave at the end of March didnt get the job. Its a shame as I know she could do the job well, she said that even though she didnt get the job it spurred her on to apply for more jobs so its been a positive experience
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 am

I Agree PPH it does serve them right!

A nice idea to walk to the park in your lunch break and great to be able to read a book and enjoy the birdsong, as you say, probably not everyday though!

Sorry to hear about your friend, but I am sure something else will turn up.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 pm

The gym is bad enough Lai but on a Sunday affraid pale Laughing

Well PPH your lunch hour will have passed quickly with your walk - lunch - walk, good for you though. Isn't it great that at this time of the year you are able to sit in the park and eat your lunch !

That's a shame for your friend, hopefully she will get something else soon.

Met a couple of friends I used to work with in the Sheriff Court last night for something to eat after work. We went to Giraffe as they do burgers & chips for £5.95 on a Tuesday night. Great value as the burgers were damn fine cheers

Weather has been dry and pretty mild here for the past few days which is nice.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Glad the nieghbours got their just deserts PPH, and that you had a nice time in the park. A lot of firms miss out on good workers with experience, because of the age thing, and its their loss.
Last couple of days here have been like spring lots of sun, and really mild. Cant believe the difference between this year, and last.
I do my fitness workout on Sunday afternoon, especialy arm muscle building, I've asked for some heavier weights to lift, so the landlady's going to see if she can get some 2 pint pots, then a couple of quick games on Dominoes, as long as I do'nt run out of breath Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm

You the man WS

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:26 pm

That sounds like my kinda exercise WS Wink I'd definitely join you for a 'session' of that Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:45 am

Good morning everyone

I Agree Doogs - gym on a Sunday is Shocked I dont think I'll be going this Sunday, Pete's just gone off walking with some friends for 2 or 3 days and i'm off to Chester zoo today for the photography course. So far the weather looks like it's going to be mild and a bit of sunshine so that's good. I'm taking my new lens so that's my challenge. We've got theory this morning and then out with the animals this afternoon.

Had a great girls night out in London on Wednesday, only problem is that I am full of cold so hope I haven't shared it with them all Shocked

That's sound like a great idea Doogs for £5.95 - you can't beat catching up with friends.

Have a good day everyone. Any plans for the weekend?

As Pete's away I'm going to relax and do nothing Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 853843

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Oh Lordy, soooooo much to catch up with on this thread but firstly:-

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 305898 Anne-Marie & Chris for your exciting news, how wonderful is that :baby1: , you kept that baby news close to your chest. August will be here in a flash I bet, are you getting your house all sorted ready for the new arrival? I can't believe we are going to have two new WAA babies this year, you and SM are going to have loads to chat about. I am so pleased for you and Chris.

Well Done Doogs for passing your First Aid course, its always a good thing to have, hopefully none of it will ever have to be put into practice but it's always good to know the knowledge and skills are there if you need them.

How did the day at Chester Zoo go Lai? do you have any nice piccies you can show us?

Sounds like a nice way to spend your lunch break PPH, we have a nice park right next to the hospital but sadly I never really take a lunch break but now the weather is getting better I may just take a leaf out of your book and go for a stroll, even if it is only for ten mins or so to get some fresh air and listen to the birds and see the squirrels.

SM, I hope you and TT are ok and that you are both feeling better and that bubs is ok too, not long to go now, it's gone so quick hasn't it, have you now stopped work? i've lost track of when you were giving up.

At long last my kitchen is in, I still have the floor to be laid and a wee bit of tiling but boy what a difference it makes. It was going so slow I made the builder in charge take my nephew on to speed things up and it did the trick Simon really got things moving. My garden is the next job as it got wrecked with all the building work and stuff that got dumped in it, so a week on Monday that work starts as well and then my nephew is going to decorate my living room, hall and landing and do some building work in my lounge, so it's still all go here but a bit of a calmer fashion now.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and that the sun is shinning, we have had quite nice weather the last few days and long may it last.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:09 pm

a very busy saturday for me, I went for a bike ride yesterday I calculated the route on http://www.walk4life.info/ and it was 3.25miles and it took me 45mins

I did stop twice and walked for a little bit when my legs felt a bit wobbly but I am pleased with the time. The website is part of the government initiative to get us all fit and I find it a great tool to create walks/bike routes to keep an eye on how much Im walking as once you sign up it shows you your progress and if you put your time in it shows your average speed of walking
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:23 pm

That sounds a great incentive PPH and well done you for the bike ride Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 768480 Sounds like something I should look at and work out a walk for me and Nero.

Loving your avatar by the way, I love Daffs, they are so sunny

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Welcome back LW! Its wonderful to have you back and know that you are feeling better!! Yep, news kept very close to my chest which is why I wasn't posting much! Useless at keeping secrets! teehee!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:59 am

Just a quickie from me today. Working through lunch and finishing at 2pm as we’re heading down to Ayrshire for a Cheltenham Preview Night, staying down there then tomorrow going to Ayr Races. Back on Friday night so I’ll be able to post over the weekend before we leave on Monday morning for our flight to Birmingham and a week at the Cheltenham Races Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 71418

Doogs Race Horse
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Souns like your in for a great long week off Doogs. Hope you have lots of winners
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Sorry AM/ I dont read this thread as much as the rest as I find it extremely hard to keep up with the conversation.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 71418 :baby1: Very many congratulations to you and Chris.:baby1: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 71418
This is a fabulous time for you and can just see you smiling everytime a baby is mentioned.

Look after yourself and the little one!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:47 am

Thank you SM Very Happy and don't worry, I struggle with this thread too!! hehe! I've got the phone number for the pregnancy yoga lady. I really want to go, but need to speak to my midwife first. I've had a lot of back problems in the past and they've flared up again (not good at 15 weeks). Need to check with her that I'm ok to go! You never know, I may see you there soon!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:54 am

Oooh AM, back problems are not good at the best of times (I know that well) so even tougher when you're pregnant. Hope things get better for you soon Crying or Very sad

We've had a good couple of days away. Cheltenham Preview Night was both informative & fun and the drinks after at a nearby Hotel went on until the back of 4am !! Couple of winners at Ayr yesterday which was pretty good as I had a hangover from hell and was as much use as a chocolate teapot all day lol!

What's everyone up to this weekend ? Any plans ?

Pretty quiet for me, will be watching the racing today then my footie team play in a cup quarter final game tomorrow (live on the TV) and inbetween I'll be packing my bags for next weeks jaunt to Cheltenham for the racing Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 71418

Have a good one all
Doogs Race Horse
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:33 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 768480 Cheltenham Doogs - have a wonderful time, really sorry we won't be having a drunken together this time. Have a fantastic time and win lots.

Lai Pai Race Horse
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm

AM I was really worried of my level of fitness and was told by Louise that this is light and easy yoga concentrating on breathing etc. for labour, so dont think it will be tooo stressful for you, but you are doing the right thing for you and checking with your MW. Have you picked a hospital yet? Im with Kettering.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks Lai, I'm disappointed I won't see you this year Crying or Very sad

Well this will be my last post until next weekend. We head off tomorrow morning, flight is at 8.40am so leaving the house the back of 6.30am. Take care everyone and I'll look forward to catching up with you all when we get back.

Doogs Race Horse
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 pm

I've had a lovely few days, I went for another bike ride on saturday in the lovely sunshine and I really enjoyed it

In work I only have 2 1/2 weeks left and I am working hard at job hunting, another job has come up in work on the compliance team which I think I will enjoy so I've applied for that and hopefully that will be successful.

I have a day off on thursday and I'm off to the hospital for an appointment with the neurologist, I don't really know what to expect but hopefully they'll get things sorted.

I don't know if anyone has seen the news today about the News Corporation director Rebecca Brookes being arrested well she was questioned in Banbury police station so the whole place was swarming with reporters. As my partner has to pass the police station on his walk home he said that he was going to avoid all the people and go the other way around the back of the station. The only problem is that the ITN news cameras were there and he just so happened to be walking past as Rebecca Brookes was released and drove past in his car. We watched ITN news and there he was, so he has said the fame won't change him :)
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Good luck with the new job application PPH. If I'd have known earlier I would have set the TV Recorder, do'nt let it go to his head Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:25 am

Laughing PPH - wish we'd known!

Good luck with the hospital appt on Thursday, fingers crossed for you.

Can't believe time has gone so quickly and you've only got 2 1/2 weeks to go. Hoping you'll find what you want.

We got around to joining our local Wildlife Trust yesterday and as it's their 50th anniversary in Cheshire this year they've got some great speakers lined up. We're going to Chester racecourse for an evening with Chris Packham on 29th March, which should be wonderful.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next