Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:32 am

affraid WS - not so bad here, managed to get out with the dogs round the woods before it got any worse, and hoping we've not had any trees down so off out to check later.

Lovely day here now, breezy but clear blue sky.

Hope everyone else is okay, and you haven't been blown away WS

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Just had a text from Doogs. They are back in Nairobi now, back in the UK on Thursday morning.

They've had a great time, Samburu has changed a lot, far less animals but the Mara is still superb. On their final morning they saw 4 leopards in 5 minutes Laughing I am sooooooooooooooooo jealous alien and then a lone cheetah.

Sounds like the dreadful weather hasn't stopped them having a great time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 853843

She sends salaams and says hi to everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks for letting us know Lai. Glad she's had a really good time by the sound of it. Lets hope she's got lots of Pics to share. And you will hopefully see loads of Cats to. Not long now
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Yes Thanks for passing on the news about Doogs Lai. It does sound as if sh is having a fantastic time, I hope it hasn't gone too quick for her. Looking forward to having her back and catching up on all her news and pics too.
Although I bet she would love to be there a bit longer I imagine she is looking forward to catching up with her little Syd.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Jambo Everyone Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 71418

Well we are back home after such a wonderful, wonderful time in Kenya Very Happy Despite some very wet weather Rain at times we were so lucky and very much spoilt with what we saw over there. Our last morning we were graced with the beauty of first Nkaiyoni then we moved on to find Olive up one tree, Bahati up another beside her and Pacha on the ground below - we were about beside ourselves with excitement, it was an amazing sight.

Lots and lots of pictures to share that I hope you will all enjoy, you'll just have to give me a bit of time to get them sorted affraid

My Auntie stayed at my mum & dads house looking after Syd while we were away and he was a happy little man to see us when we returned, he definitely hadn't forgotten who we all were :)

Will catch up with all the news on here and I'll get back on as soon as.

Hope everyone is good, take care, Dawa Doogs drunken drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683 Dawa Doogs - so pleased you enjoyed them drunken my turn next drunken

Catch up soon and good to have you back. So pleased Syd is well and pleased to see you all.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Doogs, sounds like you had a really good time. Cant wait for your photos. Take a breath and catch up.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Awwwww theres no way little Syd would forget who you all were Doogs and I bet he was pleased to see you all but I bet he was spoilt rotten by your Auntie as well though Very Happy
So pleased you and Ian have had a brilliant time and what a treat to see all our fav Leopards and can't wait to see your pics.
You must be exhausted so a good nights Sleeping is definiately in order.
Good to have you back again.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:55 pm

Great to have you back Doogs, fantastic to see Olive, and Co. Hope you did'nt get to wet Aatish was saying the rains were really heavy. So after all that you'll need some rest. No rush for the pics take your time, anytime in the next few hours will do Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:34 am

Good morning everyone

Doogs I hope you've had a good nights Sleeping Sleep and aren't having to work today affraid

Last minute panic re things to do and just realised our suitcases are going to be overflowing. We're taking a couple of large tins of powder milk to ele orphanage as they need more and more. Also hoping to visit a school in Samburu called Sereolipi when we're there with some footballs and school stuff, so not sure where we're to pack our clothes!

Weather miserable again today, the sunny from yesterday has vanished What a Face

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Lai thats brilliant you are taking milk for the Elephant behind Elephant behind Elephant behind and school stuff for the kids Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 853843 thats really nice of you and Pete Hugs not long to go now Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 71418

Yes I hope you had a good nights sleep too Doogs and had the day off today to catch up with things at home and have a rest. At least it's the weekend now so you will have a nice break before work on Monday.

Nice to have you back too AM, bet you and Doogs have loads to chat about and pictures and stories to compare Very Happy

It's been a lovely sunny day here today and i've ben taking all sorts of furniture and bits and bobs to the Auction house with my Bro-in-Law. The action is on the 7th October and I may just go along as i've never been to an auction before.......just need to remember to not get too excited when our stuff is being sold...... don't want to buy it back by mistake Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683 we have some brilliant toys that will go in the toy auction in January and the books go in about November I think.

Hope everyone is up for a good weekend. Have a great one everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Sounds like a busy day Littlewid, but good to get it all sorted. Just remember to sit on your hands at the auction Laughing

Have a good night everyone.

Lai Sleep
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Hope you managed to get all the stuff there OK LW. Lai, 18-38, and your going to bed I think your just trying to get the penultimat Sleep out of the road Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 am

Laughing WS - that was in my dreams of course, I must have felt it was 10.30pm What a Face

So we're off early tomorrow morning, the 7am shuttle so up at dark o'clock. Bit of a tight time and sadly BA shuttle not early enough on Sunday so going BMI which means different terminals and lots of luggage - all good fun Laughing

Hope you all have a great couple of weeks. Doogs and Anne-Marie, I am really looking forward to catching up with all your photos once I'm back.

We're back on 4th and then our UK Blessing on 8th so a busy week on our return - I think we'll need another holiday cheers

Catch up later today - a few things to sort out now scratch

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:26 am

The good thing about going to Kenya is that the time difference to the UK is only 2 hours so really no 'jet lag' to get over - it's just the travelling that makes you tired, especially if you are like me and can't sleep on the plane !!! No It's been great having a few days off before going back to work, makes a big difference - not looking forward to Monday morning No

I've downloaded all the photos but need to go through them and 'tweek' them if they are slightly too light or dark depending on the light. Got a few really good shots due to wonderful lighting and our guide Vincent being very aware of this, he's great Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

No rest for the wicked, got the footie today then down to see our horse Tom tomorrow at the yard as we've got our Club's Open Day so looking forward to that.

I've never been to an auction either LW so that sounds as if it will be an exciting day, especially if you've got items to sell. Fingers crossed it goes well for you when the time comes Wink

Lai, How wonderful you are taking some milk out to the Elephant behind - the orphanage will be delighted with that and also the school with footballs etc, well done you two Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 71418

I've posted a 'kwaheri' message to you on the sleeps thread. Have a fabulously, wonderful time in Kenya, enjoy your safari's and of course your wedding day I love you I love you Thanks for the recommendation on the 'Dawa Doogs', had quite a few when I was away, very nice indeed :) Be sure and have a few yourself when you are away drunken drunken

Take care and as the sun sets tonight with your 1 more sleep . . . . . . .

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 Sunset10

Have a great time in Kenya Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 853843

(Due to the rain we had no sunset until our last night in the Mara - how ironic we were graced with the above's beauty before we left, it's was wonderful :) )
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks Doogs - a beautiful sunset to end your safari on. Have a great weekend, enjoy the footie and hope you win. It will be great to see Tom, enjoy the open day and hope the sunny is shining.

Kwaheri kwa sasa - and see you all in a few weeks time ..................... cheers Very Happy Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:18 pm

It may have been the only sunset you had Doogs, but what a fantastic one. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 768480 brilliant photo
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi everyone.

Hope you are all well. Just a quick few posts from me as I am a tad busy at work. I'm hoping I'm going to be able to post my pictures at the weekend, still sorting through them all. Am really proud of some of them.

We were lucky enough to spend some time with a Leopard feeding her cub, we were the only ones there. I'm hoping its Olive and Bahati (our driver really wasn't that great with who was who) I'm hoping someone will be able to ID for us. Although my pictures started to get a little blurry as I got the shakes as the excitement kicked in!!

A wonderful sunset photo Doogs, we saw some pretty coloured sky the first night, and then the rain kicked in. Can't complain though, had a fantastic time Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Really looking forward to you Photos AM. I'm sure we can identify if it's Olive, and Bahat. I've got Aatish's email address, and I'm sure if we send a copy he will help.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Afternoon everyone cheers

Well it was back to work yesterday Crying or Very sad but I suppose these things have to be done to enable us to go on holiday next year :) I must confess to neglecting my photo duties due to watching 10 episodes of 'The Killing' over the past few days Embarassed Don't know if anyone else has watched it but the original Danish Version (with subtitles) was on BBC 4, 5 nights a week for 4 weeks (20 episodes) but there was also the American Version (Ch 4 - 13 Episodes) running at the same time so I was watching/recording both. Finally watched the last 2 episodes of the Danish version last night, brilliant Cool

I've downloaded my photos at home but also in the process of doing it here at work as it's sometimes easier to post things from here although there has been a clamp down on internet activity at work since I've been away so I will be a bit more restricted to lunchtimes for posting.

I've got photos of both Olive & her very cute little lady Bahati AM so hopefully I will be able to help you identifying them - I would say the chances are the leopard & cub you saw were the two of them. Aatish will definitely help if need be. Met up with him and his brother Aashit quite a lot of times when we were in the Mara, good guys Wink

Got a footie match tonight (cup game) so sorry I won't be able to post any photos tonight No but I will ASAP. Ian kept a diary of what we saw and did so I'll get that typed up for him and also post it on here so it will give those of you who haven't been before an idea of what happens when you are on safari.

Hope everyone is well - looks like we definitely left all the sunny in Kenya !!!!

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Hey Doogs I dont know about watching the Killing, but it's Killing us waithing for your Photos Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683 , but make sure you dont get into trouble at work. We would'nt want that No . Come on Aberdeen, put some more Very Happy on our Doogs face
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Oh dear, now you're really making me feel bad WS !!! affraid Laughing

Yes a win tonight for the Dandy Dons tonight would be just Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Looking forward to both your photo's Doogs and AM bounce and the diary sounds a brilliant idea Doogs, so looking forward to that as well, what a treat it's going to be, I love hearing about everyones holidays but hearing about the Mara etc is going to be fantastic.

Everywhere seems to be clamping down on internet use at work, so i'm not surprised it's caught up whre you are as well Doogs and as WS say's, don't get into any trouble, it's not worth it.

Hope the Dandy Dons have done ok this evening......well more than ok, I hope they have won Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 853843

Fingers crossed your pic is Olive and Bahati AM, I bet that was gorgeous to watch. You and Doogs must have both had such a wonderful time. lets hope Lai has a magical time too.......i'm sure she will.

It's turned really cold here this evening and quite windy too, it's just like winter, nearly need the fire on........not mara weather at all, I bet you too are noticing the difference.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Disaster at the footie last night pale Got beat, after extra time and penalties by a Club that is 2 divisions below us affraid Was feeling rather low last night after that, not good No We were definitely the 'Not so Dandy Dons' Crying or Very sad Mad

Horrible cold, wet and windy day here today - holiday, what holiday !!! Laughing

Will put some time aside tonight to get some photos on here for you all. Will I put them in the 'Camera Club' Section ?

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Upto you Doogs, you could put them in Africas Big 5 like AM under a different title, or in the Camera section. Wherever you put then, we will enjoy them Very Happy
Sorry about the Dons, saw the result last night, could'nt believe they lost to Fyfe. Did'nt want to mention today Crying or Very sad

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next